....Must... see... ending... lol

Crazy how the ending has been reach before the launch date

Ready for FF7R-2 lmao

Last edited:

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
I saw that you save wedge with Barret... Did biggs survive somehow too?

Did I miss that reveal or do you find that out in the last 4 chapters

Edit* seen that you mention your checking on this again, In a previous post

Last edited:

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Anybody else catch that part where you find out the sector five slums teacher... Is a homey bee inn dancer at night... I was all "Yay a strong Black woman NPC protagonist"... Then... Ehem Well, Still a strong NPC but didn't see that coming. She even says please Dont tell the children

Guess a girl gonna dance where she can... Not every girl can make it big at the gold suacer.

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
I was not a fan of the dacing mini game at the Honey Bee Inn. It felt out of character being so serious vs the funnyness of the OG. Plus, Aeris was way too into clouds cross dressing way much... Looks like she practically wet her seat clamoring & claping for him dancing. Tifa does not laugh Roast clouds dress anymore either.

Top that with one Hard to beat Hell house boss, before the face off with corneo, and then abzul right after.

Wall street dancing to me was a bit cringe and side quest wonky

getting the secret vending machine items is dependent on how many time you use Scan. And the another Medicine one is dependent on how many times you use cleansing... Nobody uses that

Last edited:

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Cross dressing/drag shouldn't just be a joke or only used as a tool as something to laugh at/be made fun of so good. I am a bit concerned about the removal (???) of certain npcs like Mukki and Big Bro though but Andrea might be enough depending (I know certain elements of the way Mukki was portrayed were kind of problematic but they could have kept him but doing things somewhat differently hmm) :joy:

Last edited:

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Cross dressing/drag shouldn't just be a joke or only used as a tool as something to laugh at/be made fun of so good. I am a bit concerned about the removal (???) of certain NPCs like Mukki and Big Bro though but Andrea might be enough depending (I know certain elements of the way Mukki was portrayed were kind of problematic but they could have kept him but doing things somewhat differently hmm) :joy:

I get assume SQUARE probably foresaw the backlash of misunderstandings and did there best. In that regard, I can appreciate they did an awesome job to put content out to the mass audience. I thought it was cool how much effort they wear giving the atmosphere overall, legitimate atmosphere wise. I probably can't ask them to have done it more respectfully.

But to me, Its the idea off a straight guy, not being as a big a deal in surprising Tifa... Like the way even Madam M was like: "cloud, I had no idea"

vs

Tifa's: "that make up that hair that dresses”... And a quick brush off with Cloud: "I know nailed it" and that the end of it. Seemed a bit too intentional sceene cut crafted than real friend encounter. (I legit felt a line is drawn vibe, moving on) it be like that sometimes, guess I can accept as much.

But then cloud proceeds to walk with his hands crossed( Okay cool, he's playing the part), and I slick thought him opening the chest with his feet was like why? You didn't open chest with your feet as a guy... Can a proper lady not get her hands dirty... No laugh from Aeris or Tifa at that. Can't they laugh with him... Not at him persay in the oddity of the moment that cloud would otherwise never have crossdress... Unless it is implying it could sorta be his thing he just never explored that side of himself.

Idk... sure, I might be missing some tact & discretion for things I may not quite understand, but it would seem to me that being secure with one's sexuality doesn't mean you can't show a lot more surprise to point of being tickled by the idea that cloud is probably the last person Tifa would have expected to show up in a dress. And Aris was like heavily breath heaving into it... I could get her being into wanting to doll up her friend. But getting a glimpse of what Aeris Is sorta into I did not expect. Not poking fun at crossdressers but more poking fun at your friend seems me realistic. But I get it... Or maybe I dont get it

Last edited:

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic

Man, I don't blame Aerith for being stuck. Compared to Zack, Cloud is a downgrade. :P
It's so stupid. I've played this game and I know what happens. I played Crisis Core. I played all the other ones in the series except for some of BC, which I actually read about so I'm somewhat familiar with it. But anyway, DESPITE knowing what happens...seeing those photos and animated gifs of...him is just like...I feel like I just spoiled myself, hahaha. I don't know why because, like I said, I'm fully aware of what happens. It's just such a shock to see him again.

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Mayn that ending bummed me out... Finished watching the normal full normal mode playthrough.

Loved chapter 1- the first half of 17.

The end half of 17 and 18 were a drag that seemed forced, rushed, and pacing wonky.

Biggs lives... Wedge lives but gets taken by the watchmen of fate... So we Dont know if he is alive. They Dont show if Zack died but in a way maybe nothing changed there. Barrett gets killed by sephiroth but it revived by the wispers. Barrett and tifa are shown dead in a flash forward but it's not real.

You fight jenova, but it kinda felt too soon... You fight like 100 watchmen of fate bosses for like no reasons... You fight sepheroth in the end and Dont even scratch him at all so again not sure why we fight him already. he does offer you some sort of immortality like the devil or something so there that story line change. Sephy is no longer after the planets power, but after avoiding returning to the cosmos one day and thinks you should join him.
You fight 26hours of story and 4hours of final bosses. That's being generous without side quest.

But side quest content there is quite a lot. So I'd say it's a full game well deserving. 8.7/10 if you ask me. The ending dropped my rating... But the new game mode lets you keep all your stuff from previous play before. that gave it a cool plus

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
So both Biggs and Wedge survive then? I wonder if the irony was deliberate since the Biggs and Wedge FF character archetype were originally introduced has those “two guys“ who always die (in FFVII). Though I suppose after FFVIII the Biggs and Wedge archetype stopped dying in general. I wonder if one of them will still eventually die in future installments, especially they don’t want to contradict the canon of Dirge of Cerberus, where one of them has a surviving sister who mentions there death (though I suppose since that character never mentions her deceased brother by name it has plausible deniability of being some random Avalanche member from another cell).

Maidenofwar

They/Them
That's good, it seems the crossdressing part is handled decently enough after all then. I won't go into it too much and address things in depth a lot now since I haven't played myself yet but thank you for your inputs! As for Aerith her being enthusiastic about things doesn't seem too OoC she seemed to be having fun in the OG as well. I don't think she means any harm and while mileages may vary I'm not that offended by it or anything. A lot of people support the drag community rl financially, by being fans, etc.

IIRC a non-vocal/lyrical version of it is the background soundtrack for parts of the Sector 5 slums. But there’s not a dedicated scene to a vocal version of the song I believe.

Thank you Theozilla! I appreciate it
:kittyhug:

So I was reading there was a PlayStation articles with blurbs, etc about the game and one of the sound directors or something described how that piece was chosen to show the relationship between Cloud and Aerith deepening and how something is done with the music to show the distance between them lessening or something. I think it's interesting the care, etc they put into their music pieces like that. I can't wait to see the scene in game! :properhug:

Top Bottom