SPOILERS FFVII Remake Open Spoiler Discussion Thread

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Ehemm* Daym Daym Daym Daymmm.... This is not the same same game no more...

Tifa's fighting with shortcuts is just epic.

The way all characters learn moves permanently from mastering weapons is sick.

The new materia additions is great to use of the materia system to customize your fight style.

The fighting once you learn how to use the shortcuts for attacks alongside the menu for items gets stupid bonkers!

The side mission are fetchy, but you can tell it is meant to be more instructive on how to do new things than it is purposeless. And they implement a return directly to the quest giver option upon completion. So no mindless jogging.

You actually get to fight the clone spirit thingys... That was craaaaaaazy XD

Ima holds what I can in but dang the game gets tuffer around ch4 once you get the full cloud, tiff, barret, squad for sure.

I think the Summons came too soon but still glad that they can't be used all the time. Hopefully, smaller summons can be used in smaller spaces.

I wish you could jump and could break boxes more fluid, but not even mad coz this game gots me sold.

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
This guy on YouTube has gotten all the way to the end of the Abzu boss fight. For those interested

Edit: Ah, that was quick. Looks like it has been taken down already.

Last edited:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
From what I'm gathering regarding the Arbiters of Fate, Sephiroth has tapped into these entities to literally have eyes across the planet and essentially utilize the planet's knowledge and awareness for himself.

Before it goes too far in speculation, I'll just leave it at that. He also is far more aware of Aerith.
Do you have a vod? Im up to Aerith just

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Do you have a vod? Im up to Aerith just

You get to fight a bunch of spirit types in the sector 7 slums between the two bombing missions...

There is a ex solder very sick in the sector 7 slums that has a Tatto number and a cloak. His touch causes Sephy hallucinations

During 2nd bombing mission, Shira press mocks that you will die soon like all solders from mako degradation (similar idea I guess to CC genisis issue or AC stigma)

There is a ex solder very sick in the sector 5 slums with Tatto number and cloak. His touch causes similar Sephy Hallucinations

The stigma cost save Aeris and help guide you to safety at on point...

So not sure if they are for you or against you. But they definitely have heavy sephy forboding

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
This here is another person who has gotten to the Abzu fight and hasn’t been taken down yet.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/581126131

I was in this chat hours ago... Gave the guy tips actually when he wasn't as far. Was not using the English translation at that time... Guess it's time to pay him a revisit

Right where I got furthers. Thanks

Edit. Maybe it was a different guy... Thought this was a live stream still going T-T

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
You get to fight a bunch of spirit types in the sector 7 slums between the two bombing missions...

There is a ex solder very sick in the sector 7 slums that has a Tatto number and a cloak. His touch causes Sephy hallucinations

During 2nd bombing mission, Shira press mocks that you will die soon like all solders from mako degradation (similar idea I guess to CC genisis issue or AC stigma)

There is a ex solder very sick in the sector 5 slums with Tatto number and cloak. His touch causes similar Sephy Hallucinations

The stigma cost save Aeris and help guide you to safety at on point...

So not sure if they are for you or against you. But they definitely have heavy sephy forboding
I don’t think it’s stated that both the Sephiroth copies in Sector 5 and 7 were ex-SOLDIERs though?

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Speaking of NPC's... Biggs and wedge actually fighting with you was a nice touch.

And Aeris is the man out of battle for a bit in wall market... That was cool too

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Easy to miss but I'm positive both were mentioned to be. Can't remember at this point of I got the info from tifa and Aeris respectively or NPC's but it's there
I went back and checked, I don’t think the Sector 7 copy (i.e. Marco) was stated to be a former SOLDIER by anyone. But you’re right about the Sector 5 copy (the #2 tattooed one), one of the kids say his dad said the Copy used to be in SOLDIER.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
IIRC a non-vocal/lyrical version of it is the background soundtrack for parts of the Sector 5 slums. But there’s not a dedicated scene to a vocal version of the song I believe.

Another question I just thought of, since it’s shown in Chapter 3 when Tifa leads Cloud to the apartment to stay in after the Reactor 1 bombing run and it’s his first time staying there. If the old timeline of Tifa finding Cloud still occurs in October and the bombing run take place in December 9, where do you think Cloud was staying between those dates? Was Tifa having him stay in the Seventh Heaven (if Barret allowed for it, it seems like that’s where Marlene and Barret live too in the Remake?).
D7A81213-D912-4003-8A8E-C0EDD01FC5EA.png

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I don't believe it was previously ever specified that Tifa found him in October, only that Zack died at the end of September.
But even the site's timeline (which is all based on the Ultimania's information) has Tifa discovering Cloud during the month of October, or at the very least well before the month of December? Am I somehow reading the timeline incorrectly?
Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 8.53.22 PM.png

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
May need to slightly reformat that to make it more clear that it's just an event that occurs some(indeterminate)where between the previous specified date and the next specified date.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Oh so I was misreading the formatting of the timeline then? So then Tifa probably just found Cloud in his stupor a day or two before Reactor 1 bombing raid?
So then Cloud was likely wandering around homeless and messed up in the head (more than usual) for more than two months after Zack's death then?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Your guess is as valid as any other until the remake gets more specific for us. It really is the most enduringly mysterious and nebulous part of the whole story.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
So....is this going to be a divide-the-fanbase kind of game? I've seen a lot of different opinions, a lot of distrust in Nomura (isnt Nojoma the main writer), and a lot of fear. Fear of change. Significant change. On one hand, holy shit will there be a million discussions, and fervent ones. FFVII is main focus now. On the other.....deep down...I hope they get it right. I think cautiously optimistic defines me now. Since, they got the story right in so many moments, they know what they are doing.

Top Bottom