FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I think the fireworks are dev footage only -- the wall market stuff has been highly obfuscated to avoid revealing Miss Cloud. I'm pretty sure that scene where the girls are holding Cloud's arms is going to happen in their Wall Market outfits.
Ooooh, I LIKE that idea. They just swapped out the models. That also explains the uncomfortable look on Cloud's face.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
The only thing I wouldn't have minded being different was having Jessie parachuting with Cloud instead of Biggs. She was on the bike with him, and we know she likes him, so why switch up here? He does glance over at her, though, when she's talking about him. Oh, well, the game still looks awesome. March can't get here fast enough!

I hope you are right @Mr. Ite about the model/scene swap.

The way the current trailer is cut, it looks like team CAT are scared of entering the ghostly train graveyard on their trek to the Sector 7 slums. While I like the enhanced spooks of the train graveyard and I wouldn't mind the party reacting a little bit to the spookiness of it all, the context of urgency that is supposed to be present (team CAT wanting to stop Shinra's plan to drop the plate) would make this Scooby Doo-esque scene feel very inappropriate. There's no time to hesitate and grab Cloud's arms, dangnabbit.

Then again, the story may have been changed so much that the segment in the train graveyard is supposed to be without a sense of urgency. *shrugs*

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I think the fireworks are dev footage only -- the wall market stuff has been highly obfuscated to avoid revealing Miss Cloud. I'm pretty sure that scene where the girls are holding Cloud's arms is going to happen in their Wall Market outfits.
Perhaps, but looking at the background, it doesn't look like the trio is in the dungeon/basement level of Don Corneo's mansion. It looks a lot more like streets of of the slums and such. Also if Tifa isn't joining Cloud and Aerith in the Wall Market mini-quest to get the items for his Miss Cloud outfit, why would Tifa be doing pull-ups in the Men's Hall gym? Unless its supposed to be from a post-Sector 7 plate drop backtracking? How much backtracking and additional side-quest material there will be available should definitely illuminate some questions/ambiguity from the trailers.

Defeatable

Rookie Adventurer
I hope you are right @Mr. Ite about the model/scene swap.

The way the current trailer is cut, it looks like team CAT are scared of entering the ghostly train graveyard on their trek to the Sector 7 slums. While I like the enhanced spooks of the train graveyard and I wouldn't mind the party reacting a little bit to the spookiness of it all, the context of urgency that is supposed to be present (team CAT wanting to stop Shinra's plan to drop the plate) would make this Scooby Doo-esque scene feel very inappropriate. There's no time to hesitate and grab Cloud's arms, dangnabbit.

Then again, the story may have been changed so much that the segment in the train graveyard is supposed to be without a sense of urgency. *shrugs*

I interpreted that scene as taking place some time during the Wall Market sequence considering the two ladies' playful expressions. But if not, there's now TWO scenes where Aerith clutches onto Cloud's arm unironically. I can't imagine Aerith as she was in the OG clinging onto Cloud once, at least at this point in the story.

That scene is definitely not in the train graveyard, Shad
Not convinced :monster:

The environment (and overall lighting) in the 1:10 - 1:14 scene to me looks similar enough to the train graveyard environment at 2:10 - 2:15.

But yes, I can't say anything with 100% certainty here.

EDIT: Perhaps I should specify to avoid confusion since we're talking about scene/model/environment swapping all at once.

Going by Ite's suggestion, team CAT are supposed to be in their Wall Market dresses while these animations are happening where Tifa and Aerith grab Cloud's arms. The background here looks to me like the train graveyard, though I can easily see that they swapped BOTH the character models and the environment just to hide that the final version of the scene will happen in Wall Market.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I interpreted that scene as taking place some time during the Wall Market sequence considering the two ladies' playful expressions. But if not, there's now TWO scenes where Aerith clutches onto Cloud's arm unironically. I can't imagine Aerith as she was in the OG clinging onto Cloud once, at least at this point in the story.
Aerith and Tifa are definitely grabbing on to Cloud in a playful manner, regardless of exactly when/where it takes place in the narrative, she's not doing it out of fear/anxiety.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
tumblr_pxolqqwjnm1s83rbwo1_540.png

Yup, definitely looks like a train carriage to me!

Top Bottom