• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I hope multiple, new SOLDIER characters will appear in this and other parts of FFVIIR. A neat contrast would be if SOLDIER appear more as the enemy in FFVIIR Part 1, then the occasional aid in later parts. I could also easily see a weak-willed SOLDIER 3rd Class succumbing to the Reunion whenever we get to that part. Seeing familiar faces, apart from Cloud, get sacrificed during the Reunion would give an easier emotional investment in the "black capes".

I also hope that even SOLDIER 2nd Class and 3rd Class are allowed to dress flamboyantly, rather than the Crisis Core lore where only SOLDIER 1st could decide their costume.

I am both amused and annoyed by how this new biker-SOLDIER looks like such a combo of stereotypical Square/Nomura designs. When I see biker-SOLDIER I see Demyx+Angeal+Gladios (and to a lesser extent Prompto).

Speaking of FFXV, I love how Rude looks like he stepped right out of an early FFXIII:Versus trailer. I think the remake does right in enhancing certain aspects of its cast. Rude was always the more smart/suave/tidy of the Rude-Reno duo and now they've enhanced that with Rude's wonderful suit.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Aerith's VA reacts & talks about the TSG trailer:

And here's Max Dood's reaction:

So excited for this game! All we need now is to see Red XIII and Rufus, and possibly the other Shinra execs. And Wall Market Tifa! Now we get to see why the Don had such a hard time choosing which girl he wanted, lol.

Oh, forgot to mention, I was thinking about what Prez said about Wutai being Shinra's enemy and I wonder if in the remake they're still at war. Animosity is clearly there given how vehemently Barret denies any involvement with them, which should make Yuffie's inclusion in the group in (presumably) Part 2 and her interactions and backstory much more involved and complex and give greater depth for her reasons for materia hunting and doing all that she does.

Last edited:

Random Nobody

local roach
Kionae said:
He's always been skinny, even in the original FF7 artwork.
i think it's more a function of the bobblehead spaghetti monster art style. they're slightly deformed, so the skinniness along with the exaggerated head/shoulder width proportion and lack of chin makes them sort of look like children.
The voice acting worries me.
...barret....

0rnaQhC_d.jpg

Last edited:

Defeatable

Rookie Adventurer
What's up with all the people disliking the voice acting? Are they all the "subs glow, dubs blow" people?

Oh, forgot to mention, I was thinking about what Prez said about Wutai being Shinra's enemy and I wonder if in the remake they're still at war. Animosity is clearly there given how vehemently Barret denies any involvement with them, which should make Yuffie's inclusion in the group in (presumably) Part 2 and her interactions and backstory much more involved and complex and give greater depth for her reasons for materia hunting and doing all that she does.

On the contrary, the fact that President Shinra mentions Wutai and the war out of nowhere makes me even more inclined to think Yuffie WILL show up in Part 1, maybe attempting to break into Shinra HQ to raid their Materia labs.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I had a thought after seeing that last shot of the trailer showing the collapsed plate. With the clear emphasis on Biggs, Wedge, and jessie in the trailers, they're obviously going to have much more emphasis in the Remake. So when the plate collapses and they die, it's no longer going to feel like the obvious trio of main charactes survived while the forgettable npcs died, its just going to feel like Tifa, Barret, and Cloud are the part of avalanche that happened to make it. These characters have all become real, fleshed out people. I dunno, I thought it was poignant.

Random Nobody

local roach
What's up with all the people disliking the voice acting? Are they all the "subs glow, dubs blow" people?
i don't have strong feelings beyond thinking the turks sound strange (besides rude, i suppose), it's just that it's more obvious than isual that the lines were recorded in isolation and then layered over each other where appropriate. it's kind of jarring.

but also barret's voice direction called me the n word.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I'm sure there are people who dislike dubs just because they are dubs, but I'm someone who prefers the Compilation VAs. With that being said, I don't think the new people sound awful or anything (well... I'm still iffy about Sephiroth's new voice). They're actually fairly good.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha

I've seldom seen 100% of people happy with a voice acting cast. Some I really like (Reno, Aerith, and Tifa), some I don't (Barret), some I'm on the fence about (Tseng's english voice seems too deep to me but I think it could grow on me if I heard more from him... the Japanese VA is damn near perfect, though).

- Parachuting into Midgar after the Diamond Weapon scenario is going to feel ever so slightly different since now we'll have the memory of parachuting down to the Midgar slums together with Biggs, Jessie and Wedge.

- Now that we already have a fireworks scene with Aerith in this early segment, I wonder if the Gold Saucer date with Aerith will repeat that imagery.

- Wondering if they're setting up another contrast by having Cloud, Tifa and Barret look over the fallen plate at dawn. It reminds me of the escape from Midgar and the dawning horizon at that moment.

roadend.png

Will the remake have the scenes be visually similar but with slightly different emotional nuances as an intentional contrast?

- Cloud reaching out to Tifa, who is about to fall, feels like a reverse of the OG ending FMV where Tifa reaches out to Cloud (nvm that in said FMV their roles get reversed and Cloud ends up saving Tifa). I'm probably reading too much into it, but any new imagery that is even remotely familiar can easily make you wonder "was this an intentional reference?".

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Interesting thing I picked up on: the sewer fight clip has Cloud, Barret, and Tifa... In the original, Barret was off doing AVALANCHE stuff while the Don Corneo thing was going on. I'm curious what difference in the story leads to Barret being in the sewers with the others.
In the E3 trailer sewer segments the Max HP stats are: Cloud 2457; Tifa 2010.
Conversely, in the TGS trailer sewer segments their Max HP stats are: Cloud 2681; Tifa 2413.

So it's possibly this is C, T and B traversing back through the sewers at a later point (higher levels), either after platefall to get back to Sector 6 or whatever (it's difficult to tell specifically given the substantial changes). Who knows though, by the same token?

Top Bottom