• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I couldn't watch the trailer until now and I'm freaking outtt! No Elena or Rufus tho. :(

Yeah, why is Rude so thin looking? I remember him looking thinner in Before Crisis art, but I guess the slim cut suit shows his real figure. The blond guy is from SOLDIER? Was he wearing the SOLDIER uniform or something? Everything was moving so fast it was hard to tell.

Aerith... her face is bothering me. She is the only character so far that is giving me serious uncanny valley vibes. The red dress she was wearing was pretty.

Please excuse any grammatical mistakes. I'm typing really fast right now.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Too much Reno chest for my liking but otherwise a very enjoyable reveal :P

There's no such thing as too much Reno chest.

6JNNOVgl.jpg

Also... Reno is a badass and always will be.

z9Kjl29l.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but I’ve only just been able to logon. Who’s the guy flipping around on the bike? New SOLDIER character?

Yeah, he's a new SOLDIER enemy. I'm expecting the game to REALLY lean in to the fact that the SOLDIER program was engineering superhumans, rather than just having all of them as generic random battles, but REALLY show off the sort of individual that you'd expect Shinra to have in 1st Class. Shinra has an army of SERIOUSLY dangerous people, and I think that playing up how dangerous the idea of going up against them is, is a REALLY good idea.

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 9.41.14 AM.png

Especially with non-SOLDIER like Reno & Rude, you have to really dig in to the portrayal of those kinds of enemies to both sell how dangerous Sephiroth is well beyond even our team of badasses even as they progress and come up against the rest of the best that Shinra has to offer. You should feel absolutely ECLIPSED by Sephiroth's abilities at the end of this part of the game.

(Speaking of which, Sephiroth's look at Cloud, and Cloud hitting the Buster Sword in the door frame while being unnerved was AMAZING.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's not time magic, Mako. He actually is that fast; at least, he's supposed to be.

Only 2 characters in FFVII move that fast without aid of materia.

Sephiroth.

And Loz. Who's a baby form Sephiroth. :monster:

No one's flash-steppin' in FFVII without materia. Unless Reno did some level grindin' on Floor 67 and did a SOLDIER regiment, I don't know how he'd be moving so quickly without aid of "Haste."

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, he's a new SOLDIER enemy. I'm expecting the game to REALLY lean in to the fact that the SOLDIER program was engineering superhumans, rather than just having all of them as generic random battles, but REALLY show off the sort of individual that you'd expect Shinra to have in 1st Class. Shinra has an army of SERIOUSLY dangerous people, and I think that playing up how dangerous the idea of going up against them is, is a REALLY good idea.

View attachment 4012

Especially with non-SOLDIER like Reno & Rude, you have to really dig in to the portrayal of those kinds of enemies to both sell how dangerous Sephiroth is well beyond even our team of badasses even as they progress and come up against the rest of the best that Shinra has to offer. You should feel absolutely ECLIPSED by Sephiroth's abilities at the end of this part of the game.

(Speaking of which, Sephiroth's look at Cloud, and Cloud hitting the Buster Sword in the door frame while being unnerved was AMAZING.

X:neo:
Sounds about right. Hope they tie that into the story somehow that they don’t recognise Cloud and cast doubt on his past even more so than in the early stages of the OG. Have to get the balance right though.

On another note, seems we can play as other characters on the field at times? Tifa swinging and Barret shooting through the wall?

Top Bottom