• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
SE's been really quiet lately for the most part. I'd have thought they'd have done something today at least to mark the original FFVII's anniversary, but I guess not. Hopefully we'll get some new stuff soon - *coughthedemocoughcough* - so we'll just have to wait and see.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
SE's been really quiet lately for the most part. I'd have thought they'd have done something today at least to mark the original FFVII's anniversary, but I guess not. Hopefully we'll get some new stuff soon - *coughthedemocoughcough* - so we'll just have to wait and see.
Probably wanting to get over the leaked demo hump and into a new month. Probably ramping up for some reveals in Feb/March since the release is now only 10 weeks away. That's not that long in comparison to how far other games were pushed back. We'll definitely see some new stuff here in the next few weeks.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I think it's funny how fickle personal reactions to marketing can be. The silence from the Game Awards until now has really deflated a lot of my excitement for FFVIIR, when previous breaks between trailers (E3 to TGS for example) just made me anticipate it more. I don't envy people who have to co-ordinate these PR campaigns because I don't know how you decide what a good marketing schedule is.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't know if the leaks sort of scrambled the marketing team, but between that and delay, it appears Square's sorta flat-footed in trying to figure out the best way of keeping the marketing paced and effective in lead up to release.

They're doing it poorly now, between the large gaps of radio silence, no demo or some comparable sort of lead up to release, or just something that keeps it relevant and exciting. Delays suck and hurt, but to counter the negative judgment behind the decision, marketing has to tack harder to keep the interest up and excitement high til its new release.

It's like there was a one-two punch with the leaks and delay that has left them sorta paralyzed with how to proceed now. It's a shame.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
No doubt the delay pushed the marketing plan back as well. They can't proceed as they would have otherwise and just add an additional five weeks of pre-release marketing (costs) into the mix.

Most likely we'll begin seeing the intense marketing campaign roll out the first week of March when it would have been the first week of February.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
Starting to think there won't be a demo, to be honest. Not after the leak. Maybe once the game releases, they release it to give a taste to people on the fence, but there is only two months or so left.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Why would the leak have anything to do with the demo release? They don't have to worry about datamining anymore, it's all out. And, like I've said before, because we're in the weeds, it's easy to overrate the actual effect the leaks. 80% (at the least) of the people who will buy this game know nothing about them. And presumably a demo's main target isn't the diehard fans anyway but other people, who definitely don't know about the leaks.

Jairus

Well, according to MakoEyes and Lex, there's still a lot that wasn't in the leaks, so maybe they're worried about that, I don't know. Leaking even more than already has been, in other words.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Personally I don't even want a demo at this point, the leak spoiled any excitement that would have brought. Just give me the game, I can wait.

Reactions: LNK

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Neither did I, it's just that it won't be a big community event here anymore since half the people here have already seen it. My favorite thing pre-leak was reading people's speculation and such, but that can't really happen anymore.

Jairus

Maybe it wouldn't be quite the same demo or the same file, though - maybe they're afraid of different stuff getting baked in than before if they tweak it and release an updated version.

Jairus

Wasn't it taken down, though? I was just saying, if they did release a demo, they might tweak it so there's nothing baked in that could be datamined or lead to further leaks before reuploading it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm sure if they released a demo, it will be scrubbed of any excess information. The leak was a huge embarrassment for them, I doubt they'd just do nothing.

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
I still want the demo, because while I watched a couple playthroughs of it, I never saw anyone play it well. Which was pretty frustrating :monster:

Yes. And while there were people who did a fair bit of exploration, I want to be able to do all of that myself and dissect the small details.

Maybe that’s a reflection of my impatience more than anything else but I don’t consider that to be ruining the upcoming experience when the full game releases.

I just need something to stop me from googling FFVII several times on a daily basis and even checking what time it currently is in Japan to understand why they’ve not announced anything yet on the anniversary...

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
By this time in Devil May Cry 5's marketing campaign (which spread from June '18 - March '19), fans were chewing away at five ~3.5 minute trailers, two versions of a demo, and three officially released OST singles with music videos. FF7R (since June '19) has had three ~3 minute trailers, two ~1 minute "teaser" trailers, a leaked demo, and a delay. And that's not even accounting the development troubles since June '15.

Gotta say, Square Enix is still tripping over themselves where other companies have conquered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom