FFXIII Ultimania Omega info

Splintered

unsavory tart
What isn't explained is what happens to a L'Cie once their 'crystal stasis' period is completed or if they ever stop being a L'Cie and revert to being human again.... we've seen L'Cie brands go dormant (faded out)... but it appears only Etro and Bhunivelze were able to remove L'Cie brands completely.
I think it was before. From my understanding crystal stasis isn't a set period, you've got to be pulled out from it. But once you are, you continue being a l'cie. It's essentially a system where they can call you back whenever they want you to do something. There's a graph floating somewhere that depicts it, it's a never ending cycle.

There's a side mission in XIII where this actually happens, a man is pulled out of crystal stasis to complete another focus but (obviously) fails, and gets ciethed.

That is also why the reverse was possible through SHEER WILL.
That's the impression that I got. At the end of XIII, I always believed they changed their focus through willpower, it was a huge theme of the entire game. If the sheer force of people's will can change their focus, can change the time it takes to change into a cieth, it probably has the power to revert.

Even if it doesn't, Lightning is technically a goddess in training, she's got to have something special that was like Etros.

I was having this debate awhile ago, back when there was only the original game and Etros was just a plot device rather than a core mythology point, about Ragnarok and how this one guy that it was a plot hole that it could save the world rather than destroy it because that's what the game said.

But while there are a number of holes in this game, Ragnarok is definitely not. The entire game has the l'cie brand, ciething, and focuses directly tied to people's mental state. Ragnarok is just an extension of l'cie power, which in all actuality is just an extension of people's power. It was completely logical in mechanics and thematics that people could use that power for good if they were strong enough.

The problem is that people never tried. When given a focus, some people did nothing and gave up, some people went crazy, some people completed the focus, the underlying current of these processes is that they all accepted the focus as an unchangeable fact of their lives, when the power to defeat it lied in the fact that they had to challenge the idea that it was unchangeable.

or something

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The question of "what Cie'th are" is just as unknown as what Fal'Cie are made of... since they were created by a "Creator" (that we never actually see, whom was Bhunivelze' creator).

The fal'Cie were created by Pulse and Lindzei. The fal'Cie gods (Pulse, Lindzei and Etro) were created by Bhunivelze, who was in turn created by Mwynn (whom he destroyed).

As to what a fal'Cie is made of, what we do know is their crystals are their true forms. All the mechanical shit is just a shell.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
By that above statement you could argue that anyone "Chosen by the Crystals" in any previous Final Fantasy was considered a L'Cie.

If the Crystals are gods... then what does that make humans who can over-power the Crystals' will? Even more... what does that make humans who can "rekindle the Light" of a Crystal (i.e. the Warriors of Light)?

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I had a thought sometime ago

As a l'Cie you become a crystal even if you fail your mission.

As Cie Corpse, you're basically a walking zombie crystal(since their bodies are made of crystal materials.)

Top Bottom