FINAL FANTASY 14

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
FFXIV is an MMOG?
I'd better look forward to FFXV now.

MMOG is just a waste of money, time and energy as for my experience.

Same could be said of recent games. Most new games you can beat in a day or two. (ie Kingdom Hearts) >.<

MMO's are just nice to get away from things, always something new added, etc.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Lolz, I'm actually getting really excited for this game. I might try out this MMORPG after all. D=

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Same could be said of recent games. Most new games you can beat in a day or two. (ie Kingdom Hearts) >.<

MMO's are just nice to get away from things, always something new added, etc.

Agreed though depending on the developer content releasing could take awhile theres always that assurance that you still havent done everything , and by the time you do actually do everything more shit gets thrown on your desk :reptar:

Personally though i play mmorpgs for the community , DOFUS is a turn based mmorpg (weird?iknowrightlul) so theres alot of time to chat and what not between turns and it really fleshes out the friend aspect. Not to mention group play is critical beating nearly everything in the game so your always gonna have a bud around , which is nice sometimes :lol:

KuraudoStrife

Site Staff
AKA
Kuraudo
Well for people who thinks FF XI is a catastrophe, that is just leveling and no story. Give it a chance, you may get surprised knowing that it's the bigger FF in terms of story, and it's really amazing. I may suggest some sites that can tell you about the story...

Take a look:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/History_of_Vana'diel (some compilation of infos, and links to in depth stuff)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Vana'diel http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/The_Distant_Continents_of_Vana'diel (about the world)

http://www.jpbutton.com/?cat=14 (another interesting stuff)

I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV, all my hype is on this title, and, believe me, judging by the team ... we may have another masterpiece.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
If anything, I think it really says something that Uematsu came back to work on the game's scoring.

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
Final Fantasy XIV revolves around character growth. There will be no experience points or leveling system this time around, and a new system will come in to play. Square Enix wants to deliver an experience where new players have the freedom to try out any quest and many different things, growing naturally from their experiences. They want players to enjoy the process of character growth.

The main idea for Final Fantasy XIV is to provide freedom of growth through the variety of quests offered. However, players can meet up with friends and set off on adventure or they can play solo. Players won't be left with nothing to do, bored.
Square Enix is considering large scale battles, however, regular battles will be against single enemies. During quests you can gather parties and fight against multiple foes.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Did you just copy and paste the same shit we posted on the front page?

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
...Did you just copy and paste the same shit we posted on the front page?
No I got this information from another forum. I didn't know that this information was already posted on the front page. Sorry about that Mako Eyes.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well they must've got it from the site we linked to, or from us. Make sure to check the front page before you try to post news and stuff, since usually we update on it :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And speaking of updates, you should look at the front page again, since there's some good news on FFXIV right now. :monster:

Sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Diamond Weapon
I just read the information about Final Fantasy XIV. It has some valuable information about the races and the jobs. Also it has a few scans in it aswell.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Not Sure - guess the movie.
Final Fantasy XIV looks like its going to better than XI, or at least to me it does.
I like the races and the jobs, simple and clean. Something I expected from Phantasy Star or something :desu:

If I get a PS3, I will certainly get this lol

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So yeah it's been confirmed there'll be a monthly subscription model.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, the fact that MMO's that start out as monthly paid often end up as free to play and/or with microtransactions and finally die makes it obvious enough that the monthly pay is the only real profitable method of running a mumorpeger.

Top Bottom