FINAL FANTASY 14

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'd rather have a subsection here. Making a new site seems unnecessary. There's no reason we can't have more than one focus, especially considering the compilation is dead for now, but whatever.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, if there is a new site, they'd have to be very well integrated (same logins, easy links back and forth, etc.) for me to like it

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
We seriously don't need to make a new site just for this. Just cover it here like we do with everything else.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Well, I'm kinda torn on that issue. If/when we have an FF14 gaming guild, it might make more sense to have all the issues that actually pertain to playing that game (rather than discussions of a game, which are found here) on a separate website.

On the other hand, when a guild has a website, other players in other guilds (or who are unguilded and interested in joining the guild) often visit the guild's website to learn more about the guild. And that could net TLS some more traffic if some random person playing FF14 is like "Oh hay, these people are neat/awesome/fuckwads, I think I'll visit their guild's website and find out wtf they are," then they find everything they ever wanted to know about FF7. Then they're all like, "Oh hay, this is neat. *bookmark*"

And then we gain minions. MINIONS. :reptar:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I see whut yu did thar Tets :awesome:

We need to keep the people coming to our main site and not divide ourselves up. It hell most of the guild stuff will be hosted on the forums anyways, and its not like they'll have a hard time finding all the other FFVII stuff we have hosted on the site anyways.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
My stance has changed in the past 14 minutes, lulz. I am no longer divided. I am now supporting Kuraudo's suggestion of "ffxiv.thelifestream.net."

Tets said:
Aka flunkies.
God yes. Why can't I thank a post more than once? WHY?

Last edited:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Tbh i think we should secure a FFXIV related domain name , make a front page for it/the guild. Then have the forum bit link straight to the guilds application section visible on the main index :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
How much do domain names cost?
I may be willing to buy one tomorrow morning (thats when some money i deposited becomes available for use, i really dont want to be overdrafted right now lol) if its not a whole lot to get one.

That said if were up for it i say we get it now before FFXIV fan sites start popping up , if they havent already.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
How much do domain names cost?

It really depends. It could be a few dollars to a few hundred dollars - depending on length of contract, etc. And, it can be taken out monthly or all at once for a year or two. Blue Host, which I think this site is on, is one of the better, cheaper ones I've heard about.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
After i pay off my schooling tomorrow morning and depending on the cost (plus the ok from the tls guild members and staff here) i may get it.

Or buy FF7 for my ps3 lol

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
It really depends. It could be a few dollars to a few hundred dollars - depending on length of contract, etc. And, it can be taken out monthly or all at once for a year or two. Blue Host, which I think this site is on, is one of the better, cheaper ones I've heard about.

Well depends to on the type of server you get,

shared hosting, names cost like 20-30$ a year XD

I used to use hostrocket.com

They were nice :) simple to use. Nice customer service. Plus it's based on operating systems too.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Since the site wouldnt be made for ages i'd just be interested in grabbing a decent name before someone else does, is it possible to just buy the name then add on the neccessities later?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It should be, yeah. Dunno which parties sell domain names without the hosting though.

Also, I checked, and most of the ffxiv and finalfantasyxiv domain names were already taken, :monster:. If you're smart, you start looking for finalfantasyxv domain names already ;p.

The Doctor

The Definitive Article
i was utterly surprised by this at e3. not a PS3 exclusive apparently.

now i'm not at all hyped for FF13, too many beany hats and trains not enough fantasy imo, but FF14 looks mindblowing. i've waited a long time for a PS3 FF....add to that it's an MMORPG and i'm loving the prospect of 2010 on PS3.

Akemmi

Cetra
AKA
xAkemmix
I don't really know anyone who's hyped about FFXIII anymore, I'm far more interested in Versus and I want more info on it already!

FXIV looks kick ass, btw has anyone made a thread deciding on a name for the TLS guild yet? Munatik was going to but I think she's kinda buy atm. :(

xxx

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't think non-government organisations can register .gov domain names :(

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
i was utterly surprised by this at e3. not a PS3 exclusive apparently.

now i'm not at all hyped for FF13, too many beany hats and trains not enough fantasy imo, but FF14 looks mindblowing. i've waited a long time for a PS3 FF....add to that it's an MMORPG and i'm loving the prospect of 2010 on PS3.

On the contrary, I think that one of the more beautiful things about anime as a genre is its ability to combine elements of fantasy and sceince-fiction in a way that is incredibly appealing and artistic.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
FFXIV is an MMOG?
I'd better look forward to FFXV now.

MMOG is just a waste of money, time and energy as for my experience.

Cloud.

Lv. 1 Adventurer
E3 was fun to watch this year. This one was not expected. FF14, sequel to 11 (sorta). I'm interested to see how it turns out. I hope it's substantially better than 11 was though. Great game for it's time, but given the recent MMOs that have come out and are coming out, it's go to make a lot of adjustments.

Top Bottom