Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete Digital Release Poll - 720p or 1080p

720p or 1080p Release

• 720p

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 1080p

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't release. Force people to buy it!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So if this is done, how is it going to be done? Are they gonna do it with the english dub, or the Jap voice with subs?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
SilentTweak already said it could have dual audio.

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Or maybe more than one release with one or the other. :whistle: Hypothetically speaking, it's pretty much guaranteed thast there's more one person capable of delivering...

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
One file with dual audio is preferable to me.

Cloudtail4ever

The shy n' quiet one :P
This is slightly off topic, but how do you rip a Blu Ray? Aren't they copyright protected? It'd be great if it's possible to rip - I'd like to use ACC for videos.

On topic: I think people should buy it for all the work SE did. But, I'd have to say 1080 if you're gonna rip it either way.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Just to make it clear, we won't allow download links to be posted here. If you do it, you will be banned. Such posts are prohibited by Bluehost. So, if you're that desperate, take it to instant messaging or email.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
This is slightly off topic, but how do you rip a Blu Ray? Aren't they copyright protected? It'd be great if it's possible to rip - I'd like to use ACC for videos.

Why not? DVDs are copyright / left-protected too (read: have copy protection), but it's been ripped over nine thousaaand years ago, :monster:. iirc, so was the Blu-ray protection.

In fact, the only thing I can think of that hasn't been haxord / cracked yet is the PS3.

As for this topic, there's no rules saying you cannot discuss possible illegal stuff, even if its actual illegality hasn't been properly proven in court yet. I could say 'Oh, ACC is on TPB' and whatnot without any problems. I could probably even link to TPB - after all, TLS wouldn't be hosting it, and as such wouldn't be accountable for any piracy or whatever.

@topic, I can probably only play HD on my PC, and even that I'm not sure about in terms of speed etc, :/. In fact, I'm probably not going to buy ACC anytime soon, or at least not until I have a BR-player and a HD tv.

Speaking of, that should probably be one of the first investments I'll do once I've graduated, found a job and an apartment (if required). The TV, that is, BR player can wait - I'd be more in favor of a media center PC with massive storage.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Here is some basic info/reqs. for BD Rip or HDTV Rips:

CPU for 720p: Pentium 2.4Ghz or Core 2 Duo 1.6Ghz or Athlon 1.8Ghz
CPU for 1080p: Pentium 3.6Ghz or Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz or Athlon 2.2Ghz
*These are the bare requirements when using CoreAVC as the H264 decoder.
Ram: 1GB

Other Hardware That Could Play 720p or 1080p without the CPU requirements:
PS3, ATi HD2000 to HD4000 Series, Nvidia 9000 and 200 series.

Size of Video:
720p would fit a DVD
1080p would fit a Dual Layer DVD

ACC could include 2 sets of audio, also could have 2 sets of subtitles (one for English voices and a proper one for Japanese). As it stands it seems like there's a lot of copies that would be made - 4. One for 1080 mkv (softsubs) 1080 for PS3 (hardsub) and 2 for 720 of the same sort. Or we could drop it to 2 one for 1080 PS3 only and 720p in MKV (softsub). Or if people like 1080 enough there'll should probably be 2 copies of 1080 soft and hard.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Can I just say no mkv? That file's pissed me off more times than Aaron. :monster: Or is that the only format in which you can rip it? Also, I vote for a 720p cause after looking at those specs I don't think my computer could handle 1080. =/

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Gay. Mkv is the best format you can have.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Can I just say no mkv? That file's pissed me off more times than Aaron. :monster: Or is that the only format in which you can rip it? Also, I vote for a 720p cause after looking at those specs I don't think my computer could handle 1080. =/

Having MKV allows for softsub. Basically means, subtitles can be turned off. Aside from being turned off also means the subs can be altered to your liking if you know how.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
But none of my burning programs allow for mkv to be burned off. I won't be able to watch it half shittily on TV. D=

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Unless it's a DVD player compliant format in the first place, Channy, you won't watch it on your TV at all.

And let's keep discussions of what we'd do with your theoretical files to a minimum, folks. No sense tempting fate any further.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It probably has to do with your burner, Channy. Maybe look around for something that can burn it?

Or can a program be downloaded to allow a standard burner to burn other things?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That's what I've been assuming. Wait for it to come out in Canada or import the Japanese version if you really need it to be on your TV. :)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You gotta make some concession. If watching it on the computer is a sacrifice you have to make to see it a month earlier, then that's cool with me.

Also, I can hook my laptop up to my HDTV, so bwahahahahhahahaha.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
D= Dacon you bastard.

I just got thrown off is all when the poster mentioned which version would fit on what size DVD. So I assumed it meant we could. D=

Buster Sword

Pro Adventurer
Oh I've heard about that movie. It sounds really great. :)

But yeah I'm very much into supporting things that I find to be highly awesome. Such as ACC. :)

It was worth the 15 quid I payed for it, the girl that leapt through time that is.

1080p. :)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I can burn every regular format onto DVD using ConvertXtoDVD, even MKV and whatnot.

Also, justice @ ST's previous post. This means that my PC should (barely) be able to play 1024P, :monster:.

Top Bottom