Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete Digital Release Poll - 720p or 1080p

720p or 1080p Release

• 720p

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 1080p

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't release. Force people to buy it!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm not sure what my laptop will be able to handle playing. I think 1080 should be fine, though. What is the really difference between 720 and 1080 anyway? Is 720 a regular DVD and 1080 Blue-Ray?

I know my PC won't be able to handle 1080, more than likely.

Also now I must go get The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Thanks, Buster. :)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Girl who leapt through time is ultra spiffy.

This brings up a good point. Most computers are not currently set for Full HD, only having 1280 by 1024 as a usual maximum resolution (often less, such as a number of laptops), so 720p might be a better general release size.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
My laptop handles 1080p fine, and it's nothing special tbh. :/

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's also the matter of encoding and graphics cards. My computer has an 800 series Nvidia, 4gigs of ram and a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 duo, and still slows down on 1080p files.

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
If you plan on watching on your PC, if your monitor does have a resolution over 1080p, then a download of 720p or 1080p won't matter. Though if you do have a resolution equal or greater, you'll notice some difference. Another note, degrading the video down to DVD resolution won't do this movie justice.

With 1080p TV's going for so cheap these days, people should be at least upgrading to 720p TVs. Even 20" LCD PC monitors go for as cheap as $120 nowadays here in Canada. As for being able to play a 720p on old PCs, almost all PC bought within the last 5 years will be able to play 720p MKV/AVC/H264 videos just fine. CoreAVC is the decoder you want to go with. That or a good video card will do the decoding for you. And even better, if you have a PS3 you're already set.

There's also the matter of encoding and graphics cards. My computer has an 800 series Nvidia, 4gigs of ram and a 2.4 Ghz Core 2 duo, and still slows down on 1080p files.

You really shouldn't have any problems at all. My Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz plays 1080p just fine.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So does mine. Sounds like something's wrong with your shit ryu :/

Buster Sword

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure what my laptop will be able to handle playing. I think 1080 should be fine, though. What is the really difference between 720 and 1080 anyway? Is 720 a regular DVD and 1080 Blue-Ray?

I know my PC won't be able to handle 1080, more than likely.

Also now I must go get The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Thanks, Buster. :)

I dare say it's as good as/better than Spirited Away.

EDITED BY DACON FOR ONTOPICNESS:

CLOUD RULES THIS MOVIE WILL BE ASUM

Last edited by a moderator:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
If by some strange miracle it was legal to do such - whichever is best and the computer that I'm using can handle. :P lol Though, since we know it's not legal, force people to buy it; though, of course, then comes the need for a Blu-Ray player... *sigh*

He just said the host won't allow it :monster:

As for this topic, there's no rules saying you cannot discuss possible illegal stuff, even if its actual illegality hasn't been properly proven in court yet. I could say 'Oh, ACC is on TPB' and whatnot without any problems. I could probably even link to TPB - after all, TLS wouldn't be hosting it, and as such wouldn't be accountable for any piracy or whatever.

It's why I asked.

Anyways, I'm one of those people that's fine with what I get. So either rip would be fine for me, I don't need super high quality since I plan to buy it anyway.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You really shouldn't have any problems at all. My Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz plays 1080p just fine.

I'm as confused as you are, really. My specs are sufficient, my codecs are fresh, my drivers are brand spanking new, etc. Perhaps I need a new player, though Media Player Classic has no issues with anything else.

Specifically, the issue is with a visuals slowdown while the sound plays at regular speed, if any of you have experience stopping that nonsense.

Nevermind folks. Apparently it was that particular encode that was poor. I was simply confused by having similar issues with other media files before updating.

Last edited:

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
I don't know where my laptop graphical specs are. D= halp

You should be more concerned with what CPU you have. Decoding video is CPU intensive, it's only GPU intensive if and only if you have a proper video card. For laptops Nvidia 8000 mobile or 9000 series. ATi 2000, 3000, or 4000 series.

For CPU info My Computer > Right-Click > Properties

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
oic. Well my laptops in the shop atm but so I still have time to wait to download it... if we do. >_>

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hmm... I'm looking at the info for my laptop and I'm not sure if any of this is reflecting on the CPU or not. :)

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.12f5

Probably doesn't mean anything to any of you, but...

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
Hmm... I'm looking at the info for my laptop and I'm not sure if any of this is reflecting on the CPU or not. :)

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.12f5

Probably doesn't mean anything to any of you, but...

If you plan on watching on these specs, you can play the 1080p.

Ryusuke

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I vote 720p...because I'm not sure my graphics card will support 1080p in my laptop. ....then again, that DCAU movie (which was a Blu Ray disc rip) ....ran ok.....meh, I don't know :loopy:

Top Bottom