Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children Complete Digital Release Poll - 720p or 1080p

720p or 1080p Release

• 720p

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 1080p

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Don't release. Force people to buy it!

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Dacon, you just made me squee like a little school girl. I never would have expected that from you. :wacky:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That....that sounds uncomfortable.

Only for people who had to listen to me. :monster:

I'm actually really surprised there hasn't been a leak yet. I remember the original had a leak about a week before the release date.

They've learned their lesson and have better security now maybe? Wasn't the original leak of AC done by a SE staffer? Shit really hit the fan for him. He was taken to court and everything.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
1080p....:)

I hope I am not impatient..

I want to watch this baby on my friends Samsung LCD TV, not my crappy laptop :/

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Only for people who had to listen to me. :monster:

They've learned their lesson and have better security now maybe? Wasn't the original leak of AC done by a SE staffer? Shit really hit the fan for him. He was taken to court and everything.

Seriously? Where did you hear that? :O

SilentTweak

Gee Gee Gee
AKA
Chocolinx, Rumi
How big will the movie be anyway? More than 2GB? I know a normal SD film is around 700MB.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're talking about a rip or the actual ISOs.

The DVD was over 5GB. People simply rip it with a shitty codec to make it 700mb.

The BluRay ISO will be over 25GB for sure. Most people will rip it to be 5GB for 720p or 9GB for 1080p.

Reference

Likes The Bartender

Really? Didn't know it was an SE staff.

Whatever the case, staff must be real loyal this time. There was a screening and no leak. :lol:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Seriously? Where did you hear that? :O

Really? Didn't know it was an SE staff.

Whatever the case, staff must be real loyal this time. There was a screening and no leak. :lol:

Well I remember reading a news article someone linked me to a while back that talked about how the guy who leaked AC on to the internet the first time was caught and that SE was taking him to court. I could have sworn that it also said he worked for them but was a lower level unknown random staff person.

It could all be rumor, but then you have to ask yourself how the full movie got leaked before release.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Shops in Japan don't stick to release dates :monster: If it was just a couple of days, then it could just be a 'flying get (when you buy something before the official release)' from a smaller shop or something.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Posted in the mini-BBS on FF7AC reunion.

[aibo] 2009/04/14 21:07 No.1303
フラゲ来た?  ここ  これは本物かも

viploader980254.jpg

[aibo] 2009/04/14 21:07 No.1303
FURAGE come? Maybe the real

Think someone already has it by now?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
FURAGE = 'Flying Get' abbreviation.

So yeah, someone seems to have it. But it's out tomorrow, so the shops should have it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well I remember hearing about how in the past some smaller bookstores were putting out copies of the Harry Potter books a few days early. It was all over the news once. lol

So yeah this stuff happens.

Also hito, this whole flying get thing. Is it okay for the shops to do this or no? Is it a mistake? Is it a promotional thing from SE?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hollywood movies invariably get stoeled before they're released by preview screeners and whatnot. In this particular case, the leak would either be in a pre-release (i.e. a staffer of SE or a reviewer), or at the printer's, i.e. the company that duplicates the movie and chucks it into boxes and whatnot.

But 2 days before and no leak yet is pretty unique, :monster:. I dunno how the culture on this matter is in Japan though, they might be a lot more tight-arsed than we are.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
If someone has it already, there'll be rips on the net within the day.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
i'll check waffles.fm/thepiratebay/demonoid when I unlazy myself :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Waffles are pretty epic. I like to put Cool Whip and strawberries on mine. :wackymonster:

So what s this site now?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah since about a week ago :monster: that said I forgot it's moar likely that it'll be up on thepiratebay or demonoid first, since waffles mainly has music leaks. I should keep track of which thread is which; I thought this was the soundtrack thread :wackymonster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Silly V

Also I just checked Pirate Bay and no go yet. Lots of regular AC but non of us want that. XD

Top Bottom