• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy IX

Lex

Administrator
I forgot about this moment but I love it:

SzNdLPu.gif

Something about the way the old guy just turns around and goes "suicide eh?" is darkly hilarious.

Vivi_Carol

Pro Adventurer
Uhhhh best of luck to them.

Did you think that was an offical Square announcement?

No, the project is just impossibly ambitious.

no, that's just poor motivation and lack of drive.
Anything is possible if you got the skill, motivation and drive. More importantly the assets, source code and a good team.
just because it's by fan(s) doesn't automatically mean/make it impossible.
Have faith.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Some new screens. Progress is slow, but certainly on the move.

lindblumhideout-render02.jpg

If someone's actually remaking all of this, why not just make the game in 3D? The pre-rendered backgrounds were just because of the hardware limits of the time. You could easily have the same scenes and same camera angles with proper 3D scenes.

Unfortunately, from what people are saying, the Switch version seems to still have bugs that were in previous ports (PC/PS4 and mobile) - music starts from the beginning after battles, rather than picking up where it left off, and there's a lack of true analog control (ie, you can use the analog stick, but you only move in eight directions). I was really looking forward to picking this up, but those issues are giving me pause. For the time being I think I may hold off on this one, especially since I still have my PS1 discs; hopefully it'll be fixed, though since S-E has let the bugs stand for a while now, I'm not particularly optimistic about them releasing a patch.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Just saw this, it was posted a year ago:

That's awesome. I think he has said FF9 is his favourite before. So that wasn't just a routine, that was his actual opinion.

It makes sense. FF9 is the most advanced reimagining of what he originally wanted the series to be.

Top Bottom