Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

Telcontar

Donator
Latest Famitsu leaks to pop up on the internet mentioned that Square Enix is planning to release 'Final Fantasy VII G Bike' for the iOS/Android Smartphone devices in 2014. It plays similarly to the G Bike minigame in FF7 but with added Sliding and jumping. You can choose between several different bikes and customize them with Materia. App is being developed by Square Enix and CyberConnect2.

Sources:

http://gamestalk.net/ff7-gbike/

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7720233.html

There's also mention that further FF7 Gold Saucer mini-games are to also appear on Smartphones in the future. (snowboarding anyone?)

Video of the G Bike minigame for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=looYNiI9Gck

Copypasta'd from this thread by Flying Wonkey on NeoGAF

Lex

Administrator
newspost newspost newspost

I'm leaving for an appeal meeting right now but I'll do it when I get home if someone hasn't tackled it by then.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
This.......might actually be good. :O

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've long wished they'd move the snowboarding to newer phones. I have booted up FF7 for the express purpose of playing the snowboarding minigame.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So... 5 minute game followed by three billion in in-app purchases to unlock actual gameplay? :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Holy crap, I just watched the trailer...it looks freaking awesome.

(Also Cloud sheathes the Buster Sword the right way)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I hope they do an awesome rendition of the original music - and no I don't mean some awful Nu-Metal wank.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
That looks so awesome! Can't wait. But I hope they record Cloud's lines in English though. If this goes well they could do others from some of the other games.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Gold Saucer ground-testing for the remake confirmed

Also Cloud what did that Behemoth do to you to hate it so? :awesome:

hleV

Pro Adventurer
Finally a well-modelled Cloud with the modified, CC-updated, 1st class SOLDIER uniform (now that's a long description!).

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
*watches trailer*

I can't remember the last time I had these type of FFVII feels. ;___: So beautiful.

Square wouldn't get feels like this if they had announced a fucking remake. :awesome:

'Course this is probably their consolation prize to fans for not ever doing that. :monster:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Having extracted the models a while back, I have to say this strongly looks like they used Crisis Core models (higher quality/poly for the closeup on Cloud's face).... All the elements in that trailer are present within CC...and easy enough to create anything not in the game.

That said, I might purchase it. Still wish they'd remake CC on the PS3/4, ala KH:BBS.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I heard it's going to be free to play/download (but you have to pay for in app stuffs.) so I am totally getting this.

But the more important thing is...

I heard Cloud grunting several times in the trailer.

DOES THIS MEAN WHAT I THINK IT MEANS

VOICE ACTING

DOES THIS MEAN THAT WE'RE GONNA HAVE AN UPDATED MOTORCYCLE CHASE CUTSCENE WITH NEW GRAPHICS AND VOICE ACTING

PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE YES PLEASE.

Last edited:
From the looks of it this version will be much more action-oriented. No truck with party members that need protecting.

If it were me, I would have a Brawler/Action mode and a Protector mode for G-Bike. The former would be like what we saw in the trailer while the latter would include the truck and have gameplay tweaks accordingly.

Just imagine how the gameplay could be expanded upon with the truck included. At moments one might have to avoid getting in the line of fire when Barret is shooting. Other times one will have to disable a chasing enemy who is about to unleash a powerful attack etc.

...What does the G stand for anyway? =/

Great Bike? Giant Bike? Gravity Bike?

Guardian Bike! That must be it. Makes sense in the context of the original minigame's purpose.

I really hope this series of minigames go well. If it does, Square can justifiably port these mobile games into a future remake. I see many people online react with anger against this new mobile title but I honestly think that these are awesome, justified testing grounds. Maybe Cyber Connect 2 could become a great partner for more outsourcing in the future.

Gräfenberg Bike?
*looks up Gräfenberg*

...Well done sir.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Fired up the 'ol model viewer and screencaped the assets (or close enough to them) seen in this trailer from CC:

Example of Midgar/highway/construction:
3SUngXs.jpg

High-Poly Cloud:
vE95qNP.png

Hardy Daytona:
qTMiVmT.png

Buster Sword:
yWM00YA.png

Behemoth:
HaxsjEw.png

Blood Taste:
g01b81B.png