Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I really hope this series of minigames go well. If it does, Square can justifiably port these mobile games into a future remake. I see many people online react with anger against this new mobile title but I honestly think that these are awesome, justified testing grounds. Maybe Cyber Connect 2 could become a great partner for more outsourcing in the future.

Didn't notice that article before and just had a read.

I was thinking this before, but now that has really swayed my thoughts on the matter. I definitely think that this game has a lot more riding on it than people might perceive at first glance. Gone is the mini-strategy element of protecting the others, but they've added in a more action orientated feel, with limit breaks, magic and materia. This could potentially be a subtle feel to see how people would react to the possibility of FFVII being redone as an action RPG.

If it does well, I wouldn't be surprised if Chocobo Racing is next, and once all the feedback is in from G-Bike, we're getting the Battle Arena done in a similar action RPG style. Now that will be the real true testing for how a remake could be done by SE.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Good God the battle arena would be amazing.

Remember that just because we didn't see the truck in the trailer, doesn't mean that it isn't there at all. That might just be one of the modes that doesn't have it. The truck was like the whole point of the minigame, so it would be weird without it :P

They really should remake this for the game icon/artwork:
Cloud_motorcycle.jpg

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
-Remade Snow boarding

-Virtual boxing, with all the fighters replaced with characters from Ehrgeiz

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Would not be surprised if we saw this in there somewhere:

I thought there was something familiar in the trailer, it recreates half of that fight :p

leftcoastkid

Wanna Be Jedi - 1st Class
While I'm excited I can't help but think, is that all? My old roommate is a video game programmer and I know that just doing the G-Bike mini game would only take 1 programmer a few weeks to make happen, and Square has a few more resources than that. I would be much more excited if they just made an iOS game out of the Gold Saucer as a whole (minus the battle square I guess) and that seems just as doable and much more fun...... just saying.....

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well yeah, but mobile games often aren't the pinnacle of technical feats; I think that with some effort, anyone can cook up a mobile game using Unity or whatever, no programming skill required. A lot of mobile games - also those from Square I'm sure - have relatively small teams. I think the biggest ones build games like Infinity Blade that have about 15 people working on them. Flappy Bird and its clones just one dude.

Actually I should get into that trade, maybe I should pull some favors at work :monster:

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
This looks like fun, wonder if they're going to do the snowboard mini game ? Spent hours on that one in the Gold Saucer.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
In the FFVII world, they've been hearing rumors of a G-bike remake from the software division of Shinra Inc for about 10 years now, but all they get is Mog House spin offs :monster:

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
This kind of shit doesn't appeal to me and I'm surprised you guys are buying it. To me this tells everything needed about the sorry state FF -franchise is in. Even if they will be able to make a somehow decent gaming experience, where the player doesn't need to have three pairs of nostalgia glasses on just to be able to suffer through it, it's just gonna be All the bravest all over again. I'm interested about how many microtransactions they'll be able to fit in this time. And what are they gonna do next? The 3D-battler? Super Dunk? My beloved snowboarding? fuck it!

Fuck. This. Shit.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If it's just on Smartphone, I'm not expecting much in terms of content.

Yeah sure, we could get the Hardedge on the Hardy Daytona or whatever, but to be honest this game is too "big" in terms of publicity/hype to just leave it on a Phone/Tablet.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I really don't know what to expect. When the whole of FFTactics: War of the Lions can be put on a phone or tablet, the sky's the limit with mobile games.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
FFTactics (or even Disgaea) are (despite what gamers' imaginations think) actually quite small when it comes to resources.

The graphics from this remind me of Dissidia, which although quite pretty, didn't have much resources graphically.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

EDIT: Also the game now has an official website. Japanese release date is sometime in 2014 but the English release date is still not announced. Switch to English website to see the English data.

Last edited:
What will this mean for the LTD?! :awesome:
:cloudstairs:

......I now dream of an alternate world where Cloud can ride an engine-powered wheelchair in the G-Bike minigame. That will never happen of course because of fear that the handicapped (or their friends) will be offended.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
That gif of Cloud never fails to make me laugh!

On topic, this looks so much fun, I'm genuinely gonna get it when it comes out!

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It looks s lot more HD than it did before. AND Tifa can be used as an assist?? I hope the rest of the cast are available to do that.

Interesting how Tifa's model is straight from Dissidia, but with a modeled mouth...

Splintered

unsavory tart
It looks s lot more HD than it did before. AND Tifa can be used as an assist?? I hope the rest of the cast are available to do that.

Interesting how Tifa's model is straight from Dissidia, but with a modeled mouth...
That's what I was thinking. Tifa looks like a slightly higher definition version of her Dissidia model. Down to her really ugly Premium Hearts.

If she's in we will probably see the others, but I wonder if they are just going to add others, and if it's going to be just Barret, Aerith, and Red like in the story, or everyone. Aerith will be easy because she already has a Dissidia model, but I would love to have Barret out of pixel form. pls and thnxs. Catastrophe and Great Gospel would look awesome.

Top Bottom