Final Fantasy VII G Bike Announced For Smartphones - S-E + CC2!

riccochet

Lionhearted Knight
Made a quick render with the new costume.
soon__by_datkofguy-d9inwap.png

Guys, I'm still looking for one generous soul to share their cache files with me. I'll come up with some compensation should you want.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Made a quick render with the new costume.
http://pre13.deviantart.net/db89/th/pre/i/2015/335/0/3/soon__by_datkofguy-d9inwap.png

Guys, I'm still looking for one generous soul to share their cache files with me. I'll come up with some compensation should you want.

Very nice! As for the cache, I don't have all the support characters, just Tifa and Barrett. But I can see what I can do if/when I have time to dump it to my computer. Currently packing up my apt....

As if we needed a reminder of the days left:

zXYwNsk.jpg

riccochet

Lionhearted Knight
Very nice! As for the cache, I don't have all the support characters, just Tifa and Barrett. But I can see what I can do if/when I have time to dump it to my computer. Currently packing up my apt....
That would be very much appreciated. Any files are fine. The ones I managed to get so far are the Shinra and Wutai enemies, some bikes, Dyne and some swords.

I wonder if they will be doing anything special on the last day.

I was planning to buy this game in the last minute but I now realize I won't be able to do that. Reading the instructions from this post way back I looked up how to root my Samsung Galaxy S5. However I do not have a USB cable to link my phone to my computer, so I can't root my phone.

I don't know if it's possible for me to get and install the game by receiving files from somebody or how this stuff works. =/ All this because I couldn't be arsed to do this any sooner... I deserve the fate of not owning this game. :monster:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Isn't it going down tomorrow, the 15th? They tweeted this morning that the server is going down for maintenance 13:00-16:00. With the game going down for good at 23:59.

Why plan maintenance when you're just going to pull the plug a few hours later?

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I was planning to buy this game in the last minute but I now realize I won't be able to do that. Reading the instructions from this post way back I looked up how to root my Samsung Galaxy S5. However I do not have a USB cable to link my phone to my computer, so I can't root my phone.

I don't know if it's possible for me to get and install the game by receiving files from somebody or how this stuff works. =/ All this because I couldn't be arsed to do this any sooner... I deserve the fate of not owning this game. :monster:

I think you'll be ok even if you haven't rooted your phone. As for obtaining the APK, I can send you (and anyone else who wishes to play the game for what little time remains) the v. 2.0.0 APK.

Isn't it going down tomorrow, the 15th? They tweeted this morning that the server is going down for maintenance 13:00-16:00. With the game going down for good at 23:59.

Why plan maintenance when you're just going to pull the plug a few hours later?

It is odd, and I was puzzled when I saw it this morning. However the notice mentions a 2.0.1 update, though doesn't detail what it will do (either it'll give us offline runs of the missions, or it'll prevent you from going beyond the title screen).

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
As we head into the (possible) final hours of this game's existence, Cloud_S, any final thoughts?

I spent way too much money on gems. :monster:

It was a fun game. It did get repetitive at times and missions after 7's boss didn't give you an increase in exp, like they should have (I would often just repeat 7-5 to level up materia instead of wasting more GS on mission 18-5 for example). The premium roulette was a great way to get strong bikes/weapons...if you managed to land on the maxed out slot. Otherwise it was also a great way to waste gems/money. I always wanted more music, and missions. It was such a waste that they never implemented a special AC event where you would race against KLY. Speaking of events, they really needed to give you another chance to get the support characters, if you missed them, especially once it was announced the game would be ending. If Twitter is something to go by, many wanted/expected Vincent to be the next support character.

Before the remake was announced, it was a really nice way to look at what could be, even with limited mobile-game graphics. Shiva was stunning, Yuffie was cute, Cid looked a bit younger than expected but still good, Barret had a really faithful model as well.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
So if you load up the game currently, you'll get a car maintaice notice, which directs you to....the main G-Bike page, instead of a blog entry per usual.

As of right now, the main page is replaced with this:

mwbeJXi.jpg

Here's what that's all about:

[Important] "Gem" Notice of refund (12/16)

Upon termination of service of the "FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE", based on Article 20, paragraph (1) the Act on fund settlement, we will refund to customers who have held the unused prepaid means of payment "Gem". Refund I will do at Square Enix.

Record

•Prepaid payment means the issuer of the trade name to reimburse
Square Enix

•Kind of prepaid payment means according to the refund
Gem (※)
※ limited to paid issue worth

•Period that can offer refund
December 16, 2015 March 15, 2016 from 00:00 to 23:59
If you can not let us know within the above period, it will be disqualified from this refund.

•How to offer
Please let us know by the following procedure.
1. Start up the "FINAL FANTASY VII G-BIKE".

2. On the displayed contact page, press the "Contact Us (Support Center)."

3. the displayed form,
Contact e-mail address
User ID
Inquiry number
Bank name
Branch name
Branch number
Account type
account number
The account holder (Kanji)
Account name (Kana)
After entering the transmission.

•How to refund
After a predetermined procedure end, had you specified in the customer to Japan domestic bank account, from Square Enix, will transfer the remaining point equivalent in Japanese Yen (※).
※ transfer fee will be paid by Square Enix.

•Contact URL
http://sqex.to/dBM

•December 16, 2015
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo Shinjuku 6-chome No. 27 No. 30
Square Enix

A refund huh? Shame I obviously cannot participate....

Also, I took a look at the Google Play Store, to see if they updated (and more specifically had a description on the update, which hasn't been done in a while):

JoUiBtt.jpg

We did the correspondence of service termination.

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I got a few more runs in (taking screenshots of my materia, bikes, swords, items), though noticed the banners were gone as of 12:02AM JST:

GNdoro0.jpg

...after exiting and reopening the app the "Touch Screen" was replaced:

tqtIQis.jpg

Brings up this message:

T5wGbtt.jpg

....and tapping that brings you to the refund form:

FWYP1cE.jpg

I still don't understand the logic behind ending what was a perfect app to promote the remake. I'll really miss this game.... :'(

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It's a shame because the later login bonuses were good and I was finally able to upgrade one of the roulette swords with the upgrade/limit break tickets

Quite a few of square's mobile apps are going down recently, which isn't too encouraging for the rest of them

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
It's very sad that FFVII G-Bike had to go down after just one year. But then again, I don't think Square had any good luck with developing games for any kinds of mobile at all.

Mobius Final Fantasy will be next to go. If there's one thing the Company should not do when making games, is making them for Mobiles, IOS, Andriod, ect. They're better off making them for PSP, PS Vita, and the main consoles.

If they had made BC, Agito and G-Bike for the PlayStation handled consoles, they probably would've been better off.

But then again, if we're lucky, maybe they'll install the HD mini game of this game into the Remake in better quality.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Just being optimistic here, but here's hoping G-Bike actually gets a more solid mini-game in the Remake.

Top Bottom