FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
Does having meteor in the background of this mean we will see it in rebirth?

Not sure if this is a reused from CC or even remake because I still haven't played it.......

The statements are non informative, but are the images supposed to be giving us hints?
The images are from the FF7 Rebirth teaser and the meteor within the teaser is from FF7 Remake.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This is going down tonight

happening-bunker.gif

Grandmaster Kirbs

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Kirbs
There's so much to unpack in this trailer, like, dang! I'm so excited I've already watched it at least 10 times.

Lots of questions... what's up in the beginning? Zack Timeline?

Looks like we are confirmed to make it at least to Cosmo Canyon, but they're hinting at Whirlwind Maze showing up with shots of Cloud in the black robe.

Looks like they mostly are showing us the world between Kalm and Junon.

ELENA! BUGENHAGEN!

Everything looks great, the world looks so lively and diverse, no more same green texture top down map view, looks like big wide open areas to play around in.

Synergy attacks ala Intermission with Aerith casting a dome and Tifa doing her thing in it. Yuffie and Red teaming up, Cloud and Barret teaming up.

All of the monsters except for the boss in the Mithril Mins look to be original game monsters.

Love the rendition of "The Valkyrie" that plays is really nice.

I can't. I'm too excited.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yeah, I am also guessing the opening scenes of the trailer where we see the entire Midgar parts (sans Cloud) injured and being taken into custody by Shinra will have to do with the mystery of alive!Zack (looking like it's an alternate timeline so far?).

Perhaps we'll switch to playing as Zack in an alternate timeline like how FFVIII had its Laguna segments or Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance switched between Sora and Riku?

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I am also guessing the opening scenes of the trailer where we see the entire Midgar parts (sans Cloud) injured and being taken into custody by Shinra will have to do with the mystery of alive!Zack (looking like it's an alternate timeline so far?).

Perhaps we'll switch to playing as Zack in an alternate timeline like how FFVIII had its Laguna segments or Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance switched between Sora and Riku?
I'm honestly betting that's the case. That's why Cloud isn't included on the crew's shots on the news. That timeline's Cloud is with Zack

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I’m very excited, and it really looks like they’re taking advantage of Unreal 5 in a revolutionary way. It became available at just the right time! Al of the open nature environments in the post-Midgar game benefit by this technology immensely. The dense environments look fantastic, and I have to wonder if nanite is partially to thank for that - I don’t think we’ll be seeing any more low-fidelity situations like some props in Aerith’s house or the apartment door.

Not only that, but the characters look better than ever. It may seem shallow to prioritize the graphics this much, but I’m of one mindset with that - a game remake, by definition, is something that is defined by the current technology. It’s taking an old game and putting it into the newest form of tech. Eventually, remakes will become outdated, too. Unreal 5, with Nanite, will ultimately future-proof the game a tremendous deal and add an element of timelessness, IMO.

As far as content goes, I love the interpretation of everything shown off. I wasn’t sure how the Remake would handle certain designs like Bugenhagen, but I love his new design - he looks mystical in a new way, yet accurate to his original design. As long as all of the story and locations are represented somehow, I don’t mind however they remix it at this point. So whatever Sephiroth was saying at the end about Tifa, I’ll take whatever the game throws at me, I suppose.

Mr. Dolphin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Not a whole lot to go off of but I'm really liking the Sephiroth VA in this trailer. His line delivery is more menacing in a cold and detached way, which aligns more with how I imagined when playing the OG. In Remake (and most compilation titles he appears in) his line delivery comes off as a little too smug for me, with a few exceptions

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
To me he sounds like he (the character) is trying a different angle this time. Like he's switched from tormenting Cloud to persuading him. "This monster can appear like literally anyone you know, even someone you love".

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Exciting to not only get a trailer, but a rough idea of a release date! I will sound like a broken record though, when I again question why they're still only releasing trailers in 1080p, especially when on YouTube, it looks quite bad with fast motion scenes.

Example:
8fIeohGS_o.png

Wouldn't they want it to look great and upload in 4K?

Anyway, wondering WTF is going on with that first scene and that last one....

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The last bit, I'm pretty certain, is Sephiroth's attempts to get Cloud to distrust Tifa. As far as Cloud (and Sephiroth, frankly) knew, TIfa was going to die from that injury ("I thought you were a goner"). And Cloud never learned how she recovered or got out, so it's a prime opportunity to sow mistrust. If Cloud thinks she's not who he thinks she is, and the party is doubting Cloud, especially with Tifa spoiling the Nibelheim reveal to Aerith. That's some prime intraparty conflict territory. This connects well both with Tifa's surprisingly indignant response in the first trailer, about thinking that Cloud is saying she's an imposter, and really goes with Sephiroth talking about how Jenova can take the form of someone you love in this one.

As for the first scene though, I honestly I have no idea, lol. I can totally see it being the second timeline where Zack is alive and maybe realizes Aerith is dead upon getting back to the church. But as Mako says, that might be too easy and it's more complicated than that, so I really don't know there, haha.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
As Mako says, that might be too easy and it's more complicated than that, so I really don't know there, haha.

Hmm, I actually feel it would be complicated to a casual player, we're just used to it due to years of FF7 brainrot :mon:

Also, now that open areas have been shown and we know it's not going completely off the rails, I'd like to reintroduce my chapter breakdown. The orange circles are the open areas and the blue boxes are linear chapters like Remake.

rebirth-diagram.png

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
The last bit, I'm pretty certain, is Sephiroth's attempts to get Cloud to distrust Tifa. As far as Cloud (and Sephiroth, frankly) knew, TIfa was going to die from that injury ("I thought you were a goner"). And Cloud never learned how she recovered or got out, so it's a prime opportunity to sow mistrust. If Cloud thinks she's not who he thinks she is, and the party is doubting Cloud, especially with Tifa spoiling the Nibelheim reveal to Aerith. That's some prime intraparty conflict territory. This connects well both with Tifa's surprisingly indignant response in the first trailer, about thinking that Cloud is saying she's an imposter, and really goes with Sephiroth talking about how Jenova can take the form of someone you love in this one.

That does line up. Over on reddit they're saying Sephiroth's line in Japanese is more like "I thought I killed Tifa" or "I believe I killed Tifa" vs. the English "You KNOW I killed Tifa".

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
That does line up. Over on reddit they're saying Sephiroth's line in Japanese is more like "I thought I killed Tifa" or "I believe I killed Tifa" vs. the English "You KNOW I killed Tifa".
That reminds me of the translation discrepancy with regards to Elena confronting Cloud over what happened to Tseng at the Temple of the Ancients.

Top Bottom