FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I'm definitely holding out for the collectors edition
I'm trying to remember the full perks we got for the Remake collector's edition. If I remember correctly, it was a steelbook, a CD, a book, and what else? A Shinra ID card? And a chance to win some Sony TV?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I'm trying to remember the full perks we got for the Remake collector's edition. If I remember correctly, it was a steelbook, a CD, a book, and what else? A Shinra ID card? And a chance to win some Sony TV?
It also came with the Cloud/Hardy Daytona figure

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE

They added in a lanyard with character renders printed on it for all SE Store orders in late 2019, I think you may be conflating the Shinra ID card with that.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
The premium Remake editions that were available. I remember cancelling my 1st-Class Edition because the Cloud model wasn't the second version (with slightly different hair and Buster Sword dimensions). Just irked me.

final-fantasy-7-remake_notizia-3-2.jpg

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
The premium Remake editions that were available. I remember cancelling my 1st-Class Edition because the Cloud model wasn't the second version (with slightly different hair and Buster Sword dimensions). Just irked me.

View attachment 13766
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Cactuar and Chicobo summons. I preordered mine at GameStop. I remember my copy being delivered a day early, too.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I keep forgetting I have that CD now because of the 1st Class Edition. But hey, I also got Carbuncle!

Reactions: LNK

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
So we see up to nibelheim and Vincent.

The materia boss shown with sephirtoth fighting next to cloud. Which means it is moved to the flashback to replace the dragon?

No sights of Cid or anything beyond nibelheim?

The scenes with the doctor, clones, and cloud make me think about mideel. Though it seems maybe they reworked I so we start to see the clones prior too. Could be a doctor in nibelheim, or maybe even earlier like Costa del sol, or corel?

There was no showing of Barrett or Corel but yet we saw the cable way to the gold saucer. Seems SE is definitely keeping vets on their toes and also keeping newcomers guessing wtf is going on.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Speaking of the cable car going to Gold Saucer, I find it odd that Yuffie is on board that thing  without being on the verge of puking like she normally is while on a moving vehicle.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
And is it just me, or did FF7 just reference wrestling AGAIN?! Last time, it was Aerith's choice of weapon against Corneo's thugs. This time, it's out of Rufus's mouth.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I was too busy losing my mind trying to get my CE pre-order to go through on the SE site and losing it over discord to post my initial thoughts here, but I just want to say that the feelings I experienced back in June of 2019 when we saw the first big reveal trailer for Part 1?

I never thought that high could be replicated.

But I was wrong. The amount of goosebumps, excitement and emotion I felt seeing everything was.... Surprising. They nailed it out the park with this trailer. I will admit I was a little disappointed upon hearing where it will end, but that only makes Part 3 even more exciting, and I can still enjoy this for what it is. The amount of content in this will still keep me occupied and satisfied, and I can really see where this story is going.

I'm just so excited. They really are trying to include all that they can in this remake and I'm gobsmacked.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I was too busy losing my mind trying to get my CE pre-order to go through on the SE site and losing it over discord to post my initial thoughts here, but I just want to say that the feelings I experienced back in June of 2019 when we saw the first big reveal trailer for Part 1?

I never thought that high could be replicated.

But I was wrong. The amount of goosebumps, excitement and emotion I felt seeing everything was.... Surprising. They nailed it out the park with this trailer. I will admit I was a little disappointed upon hearing where it will end, but that only makes Part 3 even more exciting, and I can still enjoy this for what it is. The amount of content in this will still keep me occupied and satisfied, and I can really see where this story is going.

I'm just so excited. They really are trying to include all that they can in this remake and I'm gobsmacked.
Damn, I just tried ordering. Are they sold out already? 😞

And where is Rebirth gonna end?

Side note, I got very excited seeing the ff7 ps1 graphics for the gold saucer games. I've been saying since the beginning, that would be a really neat touch if they did it.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And where is Rebirth gonna end?
Per Nomura, the Forgotten City.

Final Fantasy VII Remake showed the story up until the escape from Midgar, but what point does Final Fantasy VII Rebirth take us up to?

Nomura:
We have mentioned this a few times before, but the order in which you can explore the locations is not the same as the original Final Fantasy VII, and there are some shifts in the order. For example, Wutai, one of the major locations, is not part of the route in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and will be visited in the next one. Although there are some changes in the order of the locations, the locations depicted in this title extend up to “The Forgotten Capital,” where the greatest fate of Final Fantasy VII awaits you.

roku

Pro Adventurer
Huh looks like Barrett was recast in the Japanese version.

In remake he was voiced by Masahiro Kobayashi but, in Rebirth he is voiced by Mahito Funaki. Looking at JP twitter they are saying Kobayashi was suspended. I don’t know what that means.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.png
    IMG_0044.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom