FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
AC could still happen even if someone else lives or dies.

How would it make sense though? People are either dead or alive in AC. If you change that around during what comes prior to AC, AC won't make sense

It's a loop Mako, that is why FF7R leads directly into AC, we're going back to the future.

But then it's not a remake in the sense it was advertised

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I get how you feel lol. I guess for me it's just like, if you're gonna be so bold as to break it all to begin with, you better commit lol.

But who's to say they did break it all to begin with? Based on what we saw in Remake, I don't think we could really say that. The vast majority of the game was on par to be the kind of remake probably everyone expected. At least after learning the Whsipers were a thing.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
This is exactly what I'm expecting lol.

Sephiroth is just really stupid huh.

I could actually see the Remake project ending in a way that implies (if not explicitly depict) that Sephiroth's ultimate fate will be trapping himself into a time-loop inadvertently without him even realizing it, in a way that ensures the events of the Remake and AC (and Compilation in general) will always come to pass.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I could actually see the Remake project ending in a way that implies (if not explicitly depict) that Sephiroth's ultimate fate will be trapping himself into a time-loop inadvertently without him even realizing it, in a way that ensures the events of the Remake and AC (and Compilation in general) will always come to pass.

Exactly! Me, you and a few others have been saying for a long time now, that the Remake project is doing what ff7 couldn't do. That's tie together the whole franchise to it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm coming around on timeloop theory lol.

Though I think Zack's world exists as a world outside fate, and Seph wants to use that to escape the constraints he's under. There's a chance this future-roth gets killed there while the regular one in the main world, severed from his connection to his future self, goes on to do AC none the wiser.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
A few weeks ago, in response to an unhinged fan (if you know you know), Nojima said the following:

Screenshot_20231117-110306.png

It's something that I've kept in my mind as I process Kitase's recent words. Listen folks, it's foolish to believe that Remake's new story elements are straight forward. It's equally foolish to believe at this point that the project will go off the rails. It's foolish to make generalizations about people who wanted that. And it's foolish of theorists to get bent out of shape over things they can't control. No one here will be 100% right. The best way forward is probably to approach Rebirth with an open mind, regardless of which camp you're in. And know that no creative decision was taken lightly.

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Personally, I feel reassured that the remake is in fact, a remake and not a stealth What If...? episode of FFVII because that was not the promise that had been made :monster:
I mean you've still got "What if Zack lived" happening. They won't let you forget that that's a thing in all these interviews lol.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Personally, I feel reassured that the remake is in fact, a remake and not a stealth What If...? episode of FFVII because that was not the promise that had been made :monster:

I agree! I also like seeing other people bring up MWTtP/Lifestream White/Black in regards to what is going on with Zack.

I mean you've still got "What if Zack lived" happening.

True, but we don't know exactly what that means. We already know he died prior to the events of Remake.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
So far the theories are:

- Zack is alive in an alternate timeline.
- Zack is still dead and he is going through some kind of Sixth Sense silliness in The Lifestream-Matrix Simulated World.
- Zack is somehow both alive and dead so he is like a Tidus Ghost that will go away by the end of remake p3.
- Zack is a Jenova illusion created by Roth.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Well you see Round, he's dead, everyone and everything around him is a lifesrtream hologram and not real, and he will contribute to the plot in the most nominal and inconsequential way possible as to not have any lasting impact. That's why the marketing focuses on him more than any of the actual shit in FFVII.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
zack-fair-zack-fair-remake.gif

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
C'mon Ody, do you really believe even if he is in the Lifestream, he'll have no lasting impact? We learned through the compilation, that those who are in the Lifestream have always had a lasting impact. Especially Aerith and Zack. The Remake trilogy would simply be providing more content to reflect this

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I get that people want him in 'quarantine' in the lifestream so he can't interfere with things, but isn't he also safely separate if it's an alt timeline? I guess lifestream is more appealing ultimately because then he has no chance of crossing over to the main timeline, hm.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Well if he can influence things from the LS anyway, what difference does it make?

We'd already be inventing this concept of the LS as a parallel memory reality, which it's never been depicted as, so...

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
He can't. Not if it's gonna lead into AC

How so? MWTtP brought forward the idea that those who were in the Lifestream helped during the final battle against Sephiroth. Lifestream: White and Black did something similar. If the trilogy is going to lead into AC, do you not think it's possible they could explore that idea much sooner?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Maiden shouldn't be your basis for anything if you're discussing actual canon lol.

And in Maiden and LS W&B, only dead people show up in the afterlife. Why are Kyrie and Elmyra there? What's with this plot of a rift in the sky and Avalanche being dead? Did Zack invent all that? And none of you ever seem to give a fuck the Zack's last scene in CC is accepting his death, going with Angeal, and asking Cloud if he became a hero. Why did he get amnesia after that?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Maiden shouldn't be your basis for anything if you're discussing actual canon lol.

I'm only using the idea of those in the Lifestream having an impact on those not in it. Not actually using Maiden. This is something that is already canon. AC explored it, as did Lifestream: White and Black. Maiden just went even further. The only reason why I bring up Maiden is so people can see the potential of what the final battle could look like with them all helping from the Lifestream.

Why are Kyrie and Elmyra there?

They aren't in the lifestream. In AC, we saw Aerith and Zack amongst those in the church at the end of the movie. Was everyone else in the Lifestream with them?

What's with this plot of a rift in the sky and Avalanche being dead?

Idk about the rift in the sky. I'm sure we'll get answers soon enough. As for Biggs, Wedge and Jessie, I think all 3 are also going to show up in the Lifestream with Zack. Eventually after Aerith dies, she is going to unite them all and they will help in the final battle in the 3rd game.

And none of you ever seem to give a fuck the Zack's last scene in CC is accepting his death, going with Angeal, and asking Cloud if he became a hero. Why did he get amnesia after that?

What do you mean get amnesia? We've only seen bits and pieces of him after he supposedly survived that battle. There's still a lot of context missing

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I get that people want him in 'quarantine' in the lifestream so he can't interfere with things, but isn't he also safely separate if it's an alt timeline? I guess lifestream is more appealing ultimately because then he has no chance of crossing over to the main timeline, hm.

Him being in the Lifestream isn't quarantining him though. It's actually the opposite. It's still keeping to the lore of ff7 while using him in a way that wasn't done in ff7. If he helps in the final battle in the way I think, he'd still be "crossing over" into the main timeline. It'd be similar to how he and Aerith helped in AC.

Golden Ear

Pro Adventurer
AKA
M. Prod
They aren't in the lifestream. In AC, we saw Aerith and Zack amongst those in the church at the end of the movie. Was everyone else in the Lifestream with them?

Just curious what you're suggesting here, are you saying that maybe Zack will be talking to Kyrie or Elmyra but they won't acknowledge him or really respond directly to anything he is saying?

Top Bottom