FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Nobody's sticking to anything, Zack is there.
Zack is where? Zack is when? Zack is how? Zack is what?
WHAT THE ZACK WAS THAT ? :shrug:
Will soon find out something about it, when RETURN is released.

Cid chews gum, the whispers smack it out of his mouth and insert a lit cigarette, etc.
sephiroth-icegif.gif

It wasn't me! I didn't burn that town! It was Cid's doing!

It's not a big surprise anymore goddamnit!
Well, those who expect her to survive would be surprised as well as others would be if the opposite happens.

Mako is wrong, imo.
That's harsh. Mako has done so much good for world progress.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I don't understand why you would want them to build on something you (rightly, imo) regard as bullshit nonsense? Leaving aside the fact that they absolutely are going to build on it, even if you somehow think the fact that it remains a remake undoes that, even if they did completely abandon that...why would that be bad? Why would we want more of the worst part that's destined (heh) to be more bad writing, than sticking to the story that's actually good?
I just want it to be coherent. If they just carried on like nothing happened, all I'd be wondering is why they did it at all. And, I mean, you still have Zack in his little offshoot world, and whatever that entails, so it's not like they swept it under the rug. It's gotta go SOMEWHERE, right? Otherwise it's just bad writing like I said lol.

Granted, after hearing some things, I'm starting to think there was a bit of double speak going on in what Kitase said, but I dunno.

Frankly I just wish they would stop talking.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Double speak in Kitase saying, "The overall storyline, the developments, will not go wildly out in a way that will not add up to Advent Children in the end. I don't think anyone wanted that, and that's not what we're looking to create here?"

LOL what ambiguity is there in that?

SbevesGreatUncle

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Sbeves
Double speak in Kitase saying, "The overall storyline, the developments, will not go wildly out in a way that will not add up to Advent Children in the end. I don't think anyone wanted that, and that's not what we're looking to create here?"

LOL what ambiguity is there in that?
AC could still happen even if someone else lives or dies.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I just want it to be coherent. If they just carried on like nothing happened, all I'd be wondering is why they did it at all.
I'll be wondering that even if it did go completely off the rails :monster: Yeah, it *is* going somewhere, they're not just abandoning it. I'm saying if they did it would only be for the better :monster: Like a bad episode of a TV show, is that a good reason to torpedo the rest of the show? :P

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Ignoring Mako for my mental health

I'll be wondering that even if it did go completely off the rails :monster: Yeah, it *is* going somewhere, they're not just abandoning it. I'm saying if they did it would only be for the better :monster: Like a bad episode of a TV show, is that a good reason to torpedo the rest of the show? :P
I get how you feel lol. I guess for me it's just like, if you're gonna be so bold as to break it all to begin with, you better commit lol.

I don't really mind if it goes back on it. I'm sure Rebirth will be great. It's just... I dunno.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
[Angry fans after the ending of P1.]

The remake is a disaster, a disgrace, a con!

History is repeating itself but this time from a different angle...

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I think what Kitase means is that FF7R will lead into AC because Roth is basically ACRoth, so by the end of Remake it will become clear how he travelled back in time from AC.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Literally not what he's talking about. You added a whole new subject and predicate to his sentence lol

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
People getting real salty and unhinged over hearing explicit confirmation of the same, consistent message the writers have been saying for 3 years about the Remake.

Right? This forum has tons of interviews reiterating this. Not even just from the past 3 years. The past 8. Never once have they not referred to this project as a remake/retelling/reimagining

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

None of that changes what Kitase said.

That's Hamaguchi's opinion and approach on directing FFVII-Rebirth and yes. Adding new mysteries to the story to keep things fresh. That doesn't refute or negate a single thing Kitase has said about the ultimate conclusion or intention of what the project is.

And Kitase is the Executive Producer of the whole project.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Hamaguchi will be elevated in power after the success of Rebirth, and he will begin shaping a new destiny for P3...

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
AC leads into FF7 Remake which leads back into AC which leads back into the next FF7 Remake...
That way they can keep doing new FF7 Remake's until the end of time!

outkast-forever-ever.gif
This is exactly what I'm expecting lol.

Sephiroth is just really stupid huh.

Top Bottom