• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
Nomura:
>Names part 3 "Reunion" anyways.
But that would've worked better for part 2 if it is indeed reaching the NC (which I hope it does, but still seems kinda impressively difficult).

- Return (to the planet)
- Reufus ('s miraculous survival)
- Fort Condor ('s defenders)

They will finally call it Final Crisis. The Rs are a red herring.
But that's coming after Regenesis. :monster:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I still think Resynthesys would fit like a glove:

Meaning: "combining old ideas with new ones and reorganizing feelings in order to renew one's identity."

That's Cloud's arc right there, but also describes the whole project's intent.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
You've gotta remember, a couple months go by between Zack's attack and Cloud reaching the Sector 7 slums. Plenty of time to fix up some scuffed clothes.

Yeah. I mean, all time travel, is he dead or alive or in the lifestream, and two Clouds and buster swords aside, I'd imagine he'd first find a safe place for Cloud and then get cleaned up so he doesn't show up on Aerith's doorstep all bloodied, dirty and scruffy. At least that's what I'd make him do but... *shrugs*

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
Reform

would be an interesting naming I think.
It would have the potential to build on the semantics of the previous two titles.
Or perhaps Restart or Reset
Or else Renew, Release, Re-enact...

Last edited:

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
1656604194792.png
1656604369037.png
unknown.png

1656604484744.png
The ends of Sephiroth's hair are not the same as they were in Remake. Looks like they changed his design a bit at least for the flashback lol.

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
unknown.png

unknown.png

This might have been brought up already, but Cloud has his one bolted pauldron this time around instead of the two he had in the Claudia flashback.
unknown.png

Might be important to note that the file for Cloud's outfit in that scene is labeled, "ZackCostume."

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
This might have been brought up already, but Cloud has his one bolted pauldron this time around instead of the two he had in the Claudia flashback.
Well, in the OG, when Cloud is sharing the story in Kalm, gameplay-wise he looks exactly the same. It's just the self-insert, which I personally don't have a problem with. The reason he has two pauldrons in the dream is... uh... because it's just a dream??

And yeah, the person who made the "Zack Costume" available for Remake on Nexus, has deleted their profile since then, so there's no way to ask them to fix the bugs with the second pauldron :C

jeangl123

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Jean
I would expect the pauldron thing to simply be a placeholder as it was an early teaser. But these are also the people who don't know which Sector is which, so we might just be lucky his hair's on the right way round
Screen_Shot_2022-06-28_at_4.21.07_PM.png

Cloud also had the merc outfit in his memory for this scene. You can tell by the bangle on the glove, so we could chalk it up to his inconsistent memory whether it's an error or not lol.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the outfit was simply meant to be a visual clue that Cloud's memories were false and made up using Zack as a basis. Even the way he laid on the bed, laid back and with his hands behind his head so cooly is reminiscent of Zack. Who did the same thing.

Sorta like the fake memory of Tifa in Mako Reactor 1. These are visual hints that Cloud's memory is frankly, unreliable. Meanwhile the memory of Cloud being injured in the flames after his mother's death is referencing his current actual appearance... Indicating a closer proximity to his true self.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Glad someone sees it :monster:

100% think that's intentional, and indicative of Cloud's mental delusion here.

The writers decided to deadass make Cloud think he's Zack, while "Cloud" is the "Zack" in his story. Gonna be crazy as fuck, since this goes beyond Cloud incorporating some of Zack's memories and mannerisms. It's heavier than that now.

Top Bottom