FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well they are also not the same picture and taken two weeks apart, forgive me if I can't line it up perfectly, I'm just a human :monster:
It still showcases how their way of improving the image just boiled down to making the image more aliased, so all the edges have that pixel stair effect now. What we see here is what we're supposed to get in the full release.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Well they are also not the same picture and taken two weeks apart, forgive me if I can't line it up perfectly, I'm just a human :monster:
It still showcases how their way of improving the image just boiled down to making the image more aliased, so all the edges have that pixel stair effect now. What we see here is what we're supposed to get in the full release.
So there isn't a day one/week one patch scheduled?

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I posted about this in the demo thread, performance mode actually looks *worse* now :closedmonster:
I may have to not update the game when I get my discs because I'd rather performance mode be blurry than blurry+pixelated :P

This is comparing performance mode before and after the patch.

Before:

1EVi3x3.jpg

After:

So6ZcJc.jpg

Zoomed in for your convenience:

Before:

qEk7l2J.jpg

After:

P3aaivN.jpg
If it's going to look pixelated, then might I suggest playing that on a 2000s-era HD CRT?

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I haven't seen anything, but spoilers are out there, even in the comment sections on Reddit. People are just straight up asking how Rebirth ends, and they're getting responses! To protect myself, I've added additional words to my spoiler firewall. Someone would have to write a really obtuse sentence to get me now.

Also thinking of writing something that removes entire paragraphs from a webpage if it contains any of my FF7 keywords, which has grown to be 162 words now. Could be helpful in the future too.

alive
dead
death
die
dies
dying
kill
killed
killing
kills
life
live
lives
living
save
saved
saves
saving

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
which is why FF reception was at its best during FFI-FFX, mostly the same directors, team, and producers were working on these titles but mainly they were also utilizing the same formula they`ve been perfecting for years.

once the franchise began to branch out too much, inconsistency also followed (creating division among the fanbase because each FF was so different from each other). FFVII Rebirth builds on FFVII Remake`s foundations, that`s why it managed to go higher. Same thing with FFXIV, A Realm Reborn got 80-ish, less than 10 years later Yoshida`s team is pumping +90 score expansions.

you dont create a masterpiece in one day, and if you dont give time to perfect your ideas because you keep reinventing the wheel said ideas will never maturate.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
It is done. I made a Chrome extension that replaces 165 FF7 keywords with "AHHHHHHH" (that's 7 H's) on any webpage that I visit. Example below. Don't worry, the post is from 2022:

1708763076570.png

My code is so bad. If a software engineer saw it they'd have me locked up. But oh well! It just needs to get me through the next few weeks. There's also a setting in Chrome that allows you to block images from certain domains, which I've set up for Reddit and Twitter.

I realize this is going really far, but FF7 is that important to me. And honestly, it's just fun at this point.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Alright, the Leaks & Spoilers thread now has twice as many replies as the general Rebirth thread. What is going on? Can someone please reply to this message without giving any spoilers. Are copies in the wild? Was the demo datamined? Did a leaker reveal something? Again, I just want the context, not the content.

View attachment 14332
I waded into that thread and got 20 pages in, and there was (no spoilers):

3 pages of newbies having an argument about Evangelion

Like a good 20 posts of newbies asking someone to DM them a video that definitely doesn't exist.

Mako telling people they're wrong about their interpretation of OG Sephiroth

I think the high post count is literally because it's where all the new members have gone to which is leading to a lot of quite spammy posts.

Cool to see the forum so active though!

(Again, guessing Cold won't see this, but in case anyone was wondering. I've come out of it again now though until I've finished part 2 of the demo)

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
(Agaib, guessing Cold won't see this, but in case anyone was wondering. I've come out of it again now though until I've finished part 2 of the demo)

With the combined power of disabling images and my text replacer, I'm thinking of returning to the fray. I even surfed Discord and could follow people's demo impressions without actually spoiling anything.

And wow have I missed some things. For example, there's a new short story within the World Preview book? Yes please!

AHHHHHHH telling people they're wrong about their interpretation of OG AHHHHHHH

Their name set off my replacer, but I know exactly who you're referring to :monster:

Lex

Administrator
It's not my usual style, but given the need for content moderation and my reaction to the ending of Remake back in 2020 I've been keeping up with all the leaks and been in discussion with someone who's played the whole thing, so I have an understanding of various things that happen.

If any of you have a burning question (maybe it's something you consider to be relatively minor - for example, one of mine was "does temple of the ancients still have nyum nyum vivis?") but want to remain largely un-spoiled, let me know and I'll get an answer for you.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Goddamn I made a lot of typos in that post, even for me. Fixed now.

Well done to Lex and the other mods for managing the massive influx though, and having to read all the stuff in the leaks channel (I didn't open any spoiler tags in there). Ty for your service :monster:

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
I waded into that thread and got 20 pages in, and there was (no spoilers):

3 pages of newbies having an argument about Evangelion

Like a good 20 posts of newbies asking someone to DM them a video that definitely doesn't exist.

Mako telling people they're wrong about their interpretation of OG Sephiroth

I think the high post count is literally because it's where all the new members have gone to which is leading to a lot of quite spammy posts.

Cool to see the forum so active though!

(Again, guessing Cold won't see this, but in case anyone was wondering. I've come out of it again now though until I've finished part 2 of the demo)
Handy context, thanks. The post count on that thread is terrifying and makes you wonder what the hell is going on, but I’m staying way away from it.

I’m not going to be able to plough through the game quickly because of new parent duties so while it’ll be hard to avoid spoilers I’ll have to do my very best.

I’ve a lot of burning questions that I cannot wait to be answered. I’ve waited this long, surely another few I can survive a few more days.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Yesterday (Sunday for me) was one of the slowest Sundays of my existence. I expect every day leading up to Thursday will be like that.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I stupidly booked to go see my other partner at the other end of the country on release weekend. No he does not have a ps5. (jk I can live without the game for 3 days. Probably.)

Mr. Dolphin

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I stupidly booked to go see my other partner at the other end of the country on release weekend. No he does not have a ps5. (jk I can live without the game for 3 days. Probably.)
I feel your pain. My girlfriend's family is in town and staying with us until Sunday so I'm going to have to wait a few days too

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
That's a lot better than Amazon of all retailers delaying shipping of a preordered game by literally 10 whole days like what happened to me with Tekken 8.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
It's the last night before Rebirth launches. I'm sitting here before bed watching the first three Rebirth trailers on repeat.

I'm very concerned about balancing the game with my normal life, as well as encountering spoilers, so for my first playthrough I'm going to stick to the main story. Minimum or no sidequests. Then I'm going to start a fresh file and do every bit of optional content as soon as it becomes available. Finally, a third playthrough on Hard difficulty.

Beyond excited to begin the journey. This game will probably kill me.

Top Bottom