FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH ANNOUNCED

Headlines promising an "explanation" for the Rebirth ending and I ain't even got the game yet. 💀
Also I should've taken PTO so I can keep up with everyone.

I was at GameStop picking up my pre order when the store opened. The person at the counter had a screen just playing trailers from the game on a playlist right next to the line, and YouTube just starts auto playing FINAL FANTASY 7 REBIRTH ENDING 4K. :wacky: The worst.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Even Porsche is hyped with FFVII Rebirth

1/10 They lost the opportunity to have Sephiroth driving a Porsche 911 through a wall of flames :monster:
They lost me at "if it remains just a fantasy, it's meaningless."

Forget the ability to afford it, it's a fantasy for me to be even remotely interested in a Porsche. I just want something that'll get me from point A to point B, runs good, and has at least 30 mpg, not something fancy.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
They lost me at "if it remains just a fantasy, it's meaningless."

Forget the ability to afford it, it's a fantasy for me to be even remotely interested in a Porsche. I just want something that'll get me from point A to point B, runs good, and has at least 30 mpg, not something fancy.
I drive a 20 year old Toyota as well as one of those little electric scooters that are all the rage with college kids to reduce the amount of miles I put on the 20 year old car. I'm happy :monster:

Also yeah that commercial is wack, no wall of fire, not even driving in Midgar, 0/10 :monster:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I inherited my grandma's 17 year old chevrolet matiz. The radio doesn't work, the interior lights don't work, it makes very odd noises at low speeds, takes about 5 mins to get to 70, and I haven't cleaned it in 3 years. But it keeps somehow passing its MOT. My mantra while driving it is "tiny car, it's fine"

So yeah, you ain't getting me interested in a porsche lol.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
I actually love Porsches, but i can't imagine myself with one, because a) I can't afford one :monster: and b) they've become too flashy for my taste and i prefer something much more subtle.

Also, Google has a little easter egg to celebrate Rebirth's launch. Type "Chocobo" in the Search Bar and, after that, a button with a chocobo will appear in the bottom. Click it a few times and an hord of chocobos will run though the screen, with Cloud mounted in one :monster:

andreoliveira96804

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
andreoliveira96
One thing is certain, in terms of the cost development, we're no longer in 1997, when we had a FF (Final Fantasy) every year. Since then, the industry's development costs for these games have skyrocketed. I find it crazy to think that we're going to wait almost a decade to conclude this story. With such expenses, is it reasonable to think that developers have complete freedom in creating a story? Knowing that this company is listed on the stock exchange and reports to shareholders? Well, they fired Sakaguchi! Even with so many hints that they wanted to do something different, Rebirth ended exactly as I expected, let me ask this, those who thought that they would follow the line of the original game had any surprises?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
My game came on Friday. I haven't started playing it but I'm already emotionally exhausted lmao. It's 12AM and I just finished Persona 3 at 80 hours with 43/48 achievements. Why did they decide to release the two greatest games of all time at the same goddamn time? 🫠

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Just finding out about the Graphics vs Performance mode debate.

30fps without motion blur in a game with in-depth action mechanics? No way. I refuse. Performance all the way. Personally, I don't think the hit to image quality is as bad as folks are making it out to be.

Last edited:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Just finding out about the Graphics vs Performance mode debate. My take:

30fps without motion blur in a game with in-depth action mechanics? No way. I refuse. Performance all the way. I don't think the image quality in Performance mode is as bad as folks are making it out to be.
Just chiming in on the subject: my personal preference was heavily impacted by the TV I had. I recently switched to a good 4K OLED, and that converted me from the 'Performance' camp into the 'Graphics' camp (having HDR support makes a big difference, too). Once detail to add though: I think the benefits of 'Graphics' is more apparent with indoor lighting (or night-time, or cave environments), the step-up is not as pronounced for daylight, outdoor scenes, which are easier to process in terms of lighting.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I got my copy of Rebirth on Saturday. One thing about having an open world in a game is that I'm driven to clear up the map and sidequests as much as possible before moving on... which means that Chapter 2 is taking a long, long time.

I'd been playing it almost the entire weekend, but finally stopped last night cos the game crashed. It was right after I'd finished a really tough battle for Chadley, too, so I was, quite understandably IMHO, rather upset.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I recently switched to a good 4K OLED, and that converted me from the 'Performance' camp into the 'Graphics' camp (having HDR support makes a big difference, too).

Might be reading your message wrong, but I believe HDR is supported in all graphic modes since it's not something that impacts performance.

I'm a 4K TV owner as well. I also sit really close to the screen because my apartment is so small. So far, FFXVI is the only game I chose fidelity over frames, but that was because of the game's excellent use of object motion blur (different from camera motion blur). Wild to me that they don't have an implementation in Rebirth.

Obviously everyone should use whatever mode they prefer, but if you're about to do some battles in the combat simulator, I highly recommend switching to Performance mode for that. The VR environment is simple and bright, so using Graphics mode doesn't add much, it just cuts your framerate in half. On the flip side, the simple environment ensures that Performance mode will maintain a rock solid 60fps. Plus, the combat simulator features some of the game's tougher challenges, so the extra frames will go a long way in improving your reaction time and reducing input delay.

Instead of sticking to one, best to leverage the advantages of both I think.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I got my copy of Rebirth on Saturday. One thing about having an open world in a game is that I'm driven to clear up the map and sidequests as much as possible before moving on... which means that Chapter 2 is taking a long, long time.

I'd been playing it almost the entire weekend, but finally stopped last night cos the game crashed. It was right after I'd finished a really tough battle for Chadley, too, so I was, quite understandably IMHO, rather upset.
I just got started on Rebirth last night, after eventually deciding to put my Remake (double) Platinum on the backburner yet again (I had just started Hard Mode Ch 15 in Remake, btw).

As for now, I'll prioritize story progression over Trophy Hunting in Rebirth. I'll get to the latter in later playthroughs.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My extended weekend with FFVII is over and I'm back at work. Got in a good 29 hours over the past 4 days. Thinking my chapter updates will slow down now. Or maybe not. My desire to play will grow even stronger as I approach the ending, I'm sure of that.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Some early sales data for the game.

UK: On retail Rebirth's opening week is down nearly 30% over the launch of the previous game. Digital data arriving later this week.

Compared to the previous HD FFs launch this is where it would rank:

1) FF13
2) FF15
3) FF7R
4) FF7R-2
5) FF16

Top Bottom