FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Theme Song Trailer

Shaun

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I think I prefer the tone of this trailer after the shift, when the trailer focuses slightly more on Avalanche. That might be because I'm not really a huge fan of the Shinra management. I mean, I like that they're there from a story perspective because they're kind of necessary to be the bad guys (at least early on in the game), but I don't really like them as individual characters.

The Shinra people definitely have awkward dialogue. It sounds very out of place on Scarlet and Heidegger, and also Hojo to a degree (who was kind of blunt originally). Based on what we've seen so far across the trailers and demo videos, I'm wondering if it's a deliberate choice, rather than it just being that everyone sounds like that. Cloud and Tifa don't seem to have it, which sort of works because they're both somewhat isolated from other people. Aerith seems to have it in some lines but not others, which might make sense for someone who grew up in both a Shinra facility and the slums. Barret has it in a different way, which is sort of over-the-top and in-your-face, which fits in perfectly with his character. And while we've not seen very much of Red, the lines we've heard definitely have it, but again, that makes sense for him because as we saw in the original game, he's trying to project a more sophisticated personality than he really has. Or I could just be overthinking it. It's really hard to tell from trailers because we're only hearing small snippets of speech. At this point, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It's really going to depend on how much it sticks around in the game, although I suspect it won't be so bad if it really is deliberate.

I really like Cloud's new voice. I never had the massive issues with Steve Burton's portrayal that a lot of people seem to have, but I did always think he was very hit and miss at times. It's noticeable in Advent Children Complete, where the new scenes sound much better. Cody Christian's Cloud, however, has so far sounded exactly how I always heard Cloud's voice in my head when playing the original game.

I'm not sure about Aerith's and Tifa's voices yet. I kind of get what Lex is saying about Aerith being too light and fluffy, but it hasn't really bothered me yet since every portrayal of Aerith so far has been sort of like that. However, it's not how I'd imagine her sounding myself.

Wutai has been mentioned in a couple of trailers now, and with Leviathan appearing much earlier, I'm hoping that it's a sign of more world building. I mean, in the original, their war with Shinra was briefly mentioned a couple of times in backstory, but outside of that and the scenes with Yuffie (which were all optional), Wutai was pretty much off in it's own little irrelevant bubble for the majority of the game. It'd be nice to see more evidence interaction between the various towns in general.

I don't know what my opinions are on the song yet. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me with subsequent viewings. It reminds me of something but I haven't figured out what yet.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
So like, anybody want to write an elaborate fan fic about foot rest grunt and how he spent years doing intensive training, believing all the while that he was going to make something of himself and make the world a better place, only to end up serving as Scarlet's foot stool?

So like, anybody want to write an elaborate fan fic about foot rest grunt and how he spent years doing intensive training, believing all the while that he was going to make something of himself and make the world a better place, only to end up serving as Scarlet's foot stool?

I believe I am competent to take on this challenge. But I expect someone else will beat me to it.

I realise I'm probably in a minority of one here, but I really hope they don't undo all the character building they've invested in Rufus over the course of the Compilation and turn him into a two-dimensional cartoon villain. He's definitely one of those villains who sees himself as the hero of his own story. Compilation Rufus would be disgusted by Scarlet using a human being as a footstool for no other reason than that she can. That doesn't necessarily make him a good person, but it does give him some nuance. When he uses people, it's because he has some specific goal in mind.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
To be fair, even in the original game I don't think Rufus liked any of the other Shinra higher ups very much. Given that Nojima is writing the Remake, I don't think there's anything to worry about there, I doubt his personal view would change so much from Case of Shinra and The Kids are Alright.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
I guess that soldier can't help but be underfoot...

Anyway, I understand some dialogue and moments were the same as in the leaks, but I what I wonder is, were some of them changed from what the leaks showed? Not different lines and moments entirely, but the same ones changed from how the leaks presented them? I'm wondering if any leaked lines and/or scenes changed between then and the trailer, I mean. Are any like that?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
There is no difference from the leaked scripts and the corresponding scenes from the trailer.

The in-development images that were leaked also match up with the much more polished footage shown in the trailer too.

There's no discrepancy here. What the demo revealed, was a snapshot of the finalized game in development that needed more graphical polish and rendering for its scenes. The game's close to being done at this point.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Alright. Thanks for clarifying that, Mako. I wonder if we'll get one more trailer for launch in March or so? That's about all that's left that I could see them doing as far as video stuff.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I think I prefer the tone of this trailer after the shift, when the trailer focuses slightly more on Avalanche. That might be because I'm not really a huge fan of the Shinra management. I mean, I like that they're there from a story perspective because they're kind of necessary to be the bad guys (at least early on in the game), but I don't really like them as individual characters.

The Shinra people definitely have awkward dialogue. It sounds very out of place on Scarlet and Heidegger, and also Hojo to a degree (who was kind of blunt originally). Based on what we've seen so far across the trailers and demo videos, I'm wondering if it's a deliberate choice, rather than it just being that everyone sounds like that. Cloud and Tifa don't seem to have it, which sort of works because they're both somewhat isolated from other people. Aerith seems to have it in some lines but not others, which might make sense for someone who grew up in both a Shinra facility and the slums. Barret has it in a different way, which is sort of over-the-top and in-your-face, which fits in perfectly with his character. And while we've not seen very much of Red, the lines we've heard definitely have it, but again, that makes sense for him because as we saw in the original game, he's trying to project a more sophisticated personality than he really has. Or I could just be overthinking it. It's really hard to tell from trailers because we're only hearing small snippets of speech. At this point, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It's really going to depend on how much it sticks around in the game, although I suspect it won't be so bad if it really is deliberate.

I really like Cloud's new voice. I never had the massive issues with Steve Burton's portrayal that a lot of people seem to have, but I did always think he was very hit and miss at times. It's noticeable in Advent Children Complete, where the new scenes sound much better. Cody Christian's Cloud, however, has so far sounded exactly how I always heard Cloud's voice in my head when playing the original game.

I'm not sure about Aerith's and Tifa's voices yet. I kind of get what Lex is saying about Aerith being too light and fluffy, but it hasn't really bothered me yet since every portrayal of Aerith so far has been sort of like that. However, it's not how I'd imagine her sounding myself.

Wutai has been mentioned in a couple of trailers now, and with Leviathan appearing much earlier, I'm hoping that it's a sign of more world building. I mean, in the original, their war with Shinra was briefly mentioned a couple of times in backstory, but outside of that and the scenes with Yuffie (which were all optional), Wutai was pretty much off in it's own little irrelevant bubble for the majority of the game. It'd be nice to see more evidence interaction between the various towns in general.

I don't know what my opinions are on the song yet. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me with subsequent viewings. It reminds me of something but I haven't figured out what yet.
I like what you said about Wutai. If Yuffie and Vincent aren't going to be optional, I think it's important to build their characters up early on. Even if it's just a very brief mention of them. With talking about Wutai early on, they could do that. We could also get mention of Zack, Angeal and Genesis.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I am glad that the remake is keeping the funny side of the series alive, because the Compilation tended to emphasize the drama without some of the camp that was originally embedded in there. Also the blatant cartoon villianry with the Executives is definitely going to be kept.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Also when I saw stuff from the leaks I thought it seemed like Aerith was being snarky af with Cloud at times- her saying "but your sooo pretty!" seemed snarky af to me too and I love it ?

PS RED DRESS RED DRESS RED DRESS RED- RED DRESS is back bby - aaww yisss Square Enix said red dress rights thank you I am blessed ??????????????

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Also when I saw stuff from the leaks I thought it seemed like Aerith was being snarky af with Cloud at times- her saying "but your sooo pretty!" seemed snarky af to me too and I love it ?

PS RED DRESS RED DRESS RED DRESS RED- RED DRESS is back bby - aaww yisss Square Enix said red dress rights thank you I am blessed ??????????????
Red and purple are my two favorite colors. So having Aerith and Tifa wear those colors makes it even better

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion

She really has that sass back. Seriously, the Compilation made her into a blander inguene, when in the original she was more than just a mystical waif but also someone who grew up in the slums and didn't take no shit.

I think what he means is that the spoiler tag contents weren't specified as being from the leaks. While one could deduce it was likely that the info was from the leak, I honestly wasn't sure if the info was from the leaks or if it was something that had recently been added to the official sites. Sometimes people also use spoiler tags to make their posts take up less space by hiding certain paragraphs. Ergo the uncertainty as to the "level" of the spoiler content.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well they said I didn't use a spoiler tag, which... I very clearly did. So that's not even accurate assessment.

And I mean, if it's a tagged explanation, labeled "spoiler," answering a question about the game that's not even out... It's probably spoiler-tastic given the context. And readily available info from the official site or something isn't really a spoiler. That's just info officially released.

Someone did beat me to it, and it's one of my favourite writers: purglepurglepurgle
https://archiveofourown.org/works/22510945

Top Bottom