Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
My assumption is that Nomura hates this game too. It only occurred to me yesterday that Nomura's strange comment about virtual reality time travel (assuming that's even remotely what he meant) might be his passive-aggressive way of saying "I don't agree with the existence of this title but the higher-ups want their mobile gaming money so at most I can low-key express my disdain by showing my utter disregard for good lore in The First SOLDIER".

That's my headcanon, at least.
Nah it was more like "finally I will slowly turn FF into KH to revenge Versus".

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My assumption is that Nomura hates this game too. It only occurred to me yesterday that Nomura's strange comment about virtual reality time travel (assuming that's even remotely what he meant) might be his passive-aggressive way of saying "I don't agree with the existence of this title but the higher-ups want their mobile gaming money so at most I can low-key express my disdain by showing my utter disregard for good lore in The First SOLDIER".

That's my headcanon, at least.

That's a tad too cynical for me. I genuinely think Nomura puts a lot of effort into each project he's involved in. I know interviews are just another form of advertising, but Nomura has stated that he didn't want to put up a "lukewarm" title with First Soldier, that the team is giving it their all, and that he shared feedback and concerns with this title's producer. He's definitely not distancing himself from the project.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm sure the team is giving their all.

But Nomura's just the character designer. He did the designs and now he's done. I don't think he's giving it much thought since he has more important future projects to do. He's not like a creative director for this title. He did his job, very well, and now he's done :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Oh I'm definitely sure it was SQs idea to attract the Fortnite crowd or something, I'm just saying more in terms of what kind of content ends up included and how it's implemented.
If square wants a battle royal in iconic ff7 locations despite being a prequel where that doesn't make sense, I can't blame Nomura too much for the hand wave excuse we got to justify it.

Like I've said, it's a phone game.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I heard the Remake Chapter 2 music underscoring the first gunfight, but the volume was turned wayyy down low. The menu music during the last minute of the vid is great. Is that an original piece from this game?

Those eyebrows at the end lmao

tenor.gif

This game looks fine. If it were a fan-made game, I'd be pretty impressed. A rote Fortnite ripoff with an FF7 skin? Coolio.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I think I did pretty good for my first game against other people (#9 out of 75).... I'm not sure what I'm allowed to show, so I decided against uploading a post game screenshot.

The game is pretty entertaining, if you ask me. I'm not a big mobile gamer, so I probably wouldn't play it much regardless. But it's really easy to pick up, and it throws a lot of unique elements into the otherwise played-out battle royale genre.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Been playing a bit more (only at work, of course. I'm an adult, after all), and it's growing on me. I didn't even realize at first but there are a number of vehicles dotted throughout the map (although driving controls kinda suck, tbh), and you can even summon a chocobo to ride if you find a sign. Chocobos are awesome! They even have their own HP pool, and you can have the chocobo kick opponents.

Plus they have an in-game hoodie that I NEED IRL.

waw

Pro Adventurer
I haven't seen any new characters for the game, but I did presume we'd see a couple. It's just all create a characters and a single younger Pres. Shinra, isn't it?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
As far as I saw, it was only a basic male/female option. There were a few skins, but it was only mechanic, turk, and that chocobo hoodie. Plus some other addons (I had a turk suit and moogle wings, for example). Bear in mind this will probably be expanded upon later.

- TFS now has an official facebook page

- Survey responses from the beta are out.

E5rROhMVIAcYESD

E5rGxn8VEAEfTJ1

I'm proud of the official website for including this player feedback below even though things like a console version is unlikely to happen.
Examples of Feedback said:
  • - Allow for use of controllers
  • - Make the game available on PC or consoles
  • - Improve the controls
  • - Add a single-player or training mode
  • - Make the controls easier to understand

EDIT: And yes, those exact same comments are included in the Japanese version of the report.

• コントローラー対応して欲しい
  • PC/コンシューマーでプレイしたい
  • 操作が煩雑
  • 一人プレイ/トレーニングモードが欲しい
  • 操作の仕方がわかりにくい

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
They've got an official Twitter, Discord, and now Facebook. Can't say they aren't trying.

We value all feedback and have read and continue to read all of them--yes, ALL of them--and will also be working on areas of the game not addressed above.

We want this battle royale game to be one that players can enjoy for many years, so we will make the game the best it can be.

Surprisingly genuine.

Top Bottom