Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster [PS3/PS4/Vita]

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
FFX has never had more attention than VI, given that roughly 40% of the FF fandom loudly declares it to be the best of the bunch (the other 60% says VII or any of the others).

You also seem to forget that the PS3 is newer than the PS2...

Also, I'd say PSOne, GBA, Wii, and PSN isn't exactly OVERLOOKING anything.

PS1, Wii and PSN don't count, they're just the same basic game, no one cares because you've already played it. And while FFX has less attention from the fans, it has more attention from SE. It's had a sequel, it and the sequel both had a "Final Mix" type re-release, and now it's getting a PS3 remake.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
If no one cares, why do people keep buying it? Five bucks says everyone who wants a "remake" has bought at least one of them (or pirated it).

Belle: It was released on the Wii for the virtual console thing. This year, in fact.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Weren't we talking about FFX here? I see too much VI.

Yes I would also like VI, but it's not happening. At least not yet.

So going back to FFX HD, I have to say it's good news, but I already have the game so I'll wait to see if it's REALLY worth it. If it's just a graphic improvement... I may not get it. My pocket's not so healthy to spend 60-odd € on a game I already have only because it has less pixelation... Don't misunderstand me, though, I'm extremely happy about the prospect of FFX being HD.

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
Omg yes <3 I am happy that I have a ps3 now, I cant wait to tell my brother, ff10 is his favorite final fantasy too bad he does not have a PS3 or a Vita:awesome:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
omg

tumblr_lrhvz2Qb871qip4ff.gif

omgomgomgomgomg

tumblr_lrhv3jxZYu1qlsb09.gif

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

tumblr_lrhxm1CaBY1qbdmjeo1_400.gif

MY DAY IS MADE!! YOU...Me...My Room playig. YES YES YES

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I've never actually played X due to a distinct lack of PS2 in my life so I am very excite to finally have a chance to play it.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
No they don't. It's the exact same game in gameplay and graphics, just on a different system, that doesn't count. I'm talking an actual remake with better graphics and new gameplay features.

And he was talking re-*releases* and not re*makes* so yes, they do count. :P

and now it's getting a PS3 remake.

Remaster. It's just a port, not a remake.
It's the exact same game that's just uprezzed and has trophies.

Btw, I really hate how even "professional" news sites call those things "HD remakes". It's just inaccurate and makes people expect more than they will actually get.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Baby steps, Drake.

Would I rather see a full on remake of FFVI? Fuck yeah! Is it more realistic to expect Square to rerelease a newer Final Fantasy because there is less to transition with? Of course. Square is testing the waters with this because it's very experimental. This isn't like rereleasing FFIII or FFIV on a handheld.

This is a highly publicized updating of a major Final Fantasy on a next gen console. Do you REALLY think they're going to put one of their oldest, most acclaimed Final Fantasies (VI) on the chopping block for such an experimental concept before they do a newer one like X, that's easier to try with? Fuck no. Do they literally have the rest of eternity to give the treatment with the other FF's if FFX goes well? Yes!

So calm the fuck down, dawg.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
As much as I love FFX, I don't think I'll be getting this. Spent too much time on FFX and I don't feel like doing all of that again. :P
Also, FFX has issues that would need to be fixed imo, like the voice acting and the horrible lip syncing but since HD remasters usually go the route of minimal effort, that is incredibly unlikely.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Iiiiiiiiiiiiii like these news

but they shoulda learned from FFXIII that multiplatforming is the way to go

And PS3/Vita does not count as multiplatforming :awesomonster: (indeed if the marketing is anything to go by, the Vita should be a tiny pocket PS3 lol)

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Eh. I expect one helluva lot of upscale with some touches in the scenes and minigames.

Uninteresting news to me. /leaves thread

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I muchly desire this for 360 so that I don't have to buy a new console if it's got Internationl content >:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Well I don't really care if its HD or whatever. I just want to replay this game without the mess of switching between PS's (Also I lent my PS2) so just the mere chance of playing this, that to me is the best i've played, is enough reason to get it. This is the only game I suffer not playing after getting rid of my pS2.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm curious as to what trophies or achievements are made available to me once I get the game. Gonna be sweet seeing it all in HD, I'm sort of glad I didn't finish my PS2 version now. :D

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is this the international version..? Or is that just speculation?

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
NOOOOOO A LIGHTNING MINIGAME TROPHY NOOOOOO

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh shit

I'll probably never get that. D:

So going back to FFX HD, I have to say it's good news, but I already have the game so I'll wait to see if it's REALLY worth it. If it's just a graphic improvement... I may not get it. My pocket's not so healthy to spend 60-odd &#8364; on a game I already have only because it has less pixelation... Don't misunderstand me, though, I'm extremely happy about the prospect of FFX being HD.

I have a hard time believing it would be that expensive. :P

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
I was assuming it'd cost like any other normal new game. It's true it could be cheaper. (Bear in mind that I've seen things like: PS3 on the USA: 300$; PS3 on Europe: 300&#8364;, which is MUCH MORE than 300$).

Top Bottom