Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Spoiler Thread)

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Wait a second; you mean people didn't know that the clock would move as many spaces as the number says? I mean, I found out in 10 seconds flat. And I don't consider myself the smartest guy in town.

Well I didn't realize it until I got the guide. Either way once I realized it... I didn't care. I don't have that much of a patience. I rather do it the crazy choosing way.

And about Serah I don't get what is wrong with people. What? Because on the first game she was a damsel in distress? Well FORGIVE HER for not being able to walk around while being a crystal. Damn she doesn't even talk that much for people to make a whole analysis on who she is. Its stupid... Honestly.

And on the second game? I'm pretty sure they just hate her out of Habit . Too much pride to swallow imo

Last edited:

Shakarian

dem titans
AKA
Palumpolum, Jack the Ripper, Colonel AI, laurash65, Re-L Mayer
I hated the clock puzzles at first, but you eventually figure it out; it's really just guesswork imo.

I'm fighting Chaos Bahamut and Caius atm, but I'm not getting anywhere.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
So.

Has anyone here beat Attila yet? :monster: I couldn't do it on normal, ended up doing it on easy just to get the enemy report complete. I think I need a better defender, since I've been using the same one I've had since early on (that yellow robot) and he's reached his limit ages ago.

i haven't but on that one other really hard c'eith battle i feel like i found a decent deck setup for bosses! then again i'm an aggressive fighter i have no defenders but here goes try it out?

RAV/COM/RAV
COM/COM/SYN
MED/MED/MED
SAB/SAB/MED
RAV/MED/RAV

I also used Serah's Trollspike for the awesome chain bonus cause of her RAV/SAB roles.

Basically my tactic is to bump up the chain as much as possible -- I used to rely too much on Salvation so the chain would always go down while healing but having the SAB/MED and RAV/MED combo helped me out in tight spots and always kept my health/status tight

Then COM/COM/SYN is great for hitting like a truck when the enemy is staggered then switching back to Relentless Assault once all the buffs are in place.

Also I use that Flan Medic for fights. He's ugly as sin but he's got greater health and is a far better MED than the cait sith, even at a lower level.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Is Trollspike one of the weapons with the chain bonus boosts? (why don't i look at names) I think I should use more varied weapons, I've just stuck with that one that's stronger the more fragments you have since I got it.

I think a defender might be a given for Attila though just because when it starts summoning a ton of other Cie'th having something to distract them helps. (Also the Great Wall/3 defender one for the big attack.)

Lex

Administrator
Does anyone want to talk about the ending? Since this is the spoiler thread and all... and I've just finished it. Not entirely sure how I'm feeling about it.

So if you're not at the end, major (the largest) spoilers ahead, beware.

What the fuck. Seriously. I'm so... I don't even know. What? I'm not confused... I'm just... I can't seem to put it into words. It's like, the twist you were absolutely NEVER expecting. But somehow it didn't seem to have much impact on me, other than surprised frown-face. I feel like I should have felt far more emotional about it, but I just didn't. I feel like it should have had the same impact as Tidus's death in FFX, in some ways it was even more dramatic and it was just as unexpected. But seriously?

The whole "to be continued" thing I knew going in since I was spoiled elsewhere, but I didn't know the actual contents of the ending. I think it's safe to say that because of where it happened it maybe didn't really properly happen? I'm skirting the actual subject material here (and not at all well) because I don't really want to "say" (type) it out loud (materialise).

Well, it was certainly an epic Final Fantasy ending, but by far the strangest one yet. I'm dumbfounded. I really liked this game. Fang may only have had about 30 seconds of dialogue, but the Fang and Vanille moment was definitely the biggest fansquee moment for me. I didn't really realise how much I liked her character until they spend a shit load of effort on making you think the only bits you're going to get are text info from fragments.

Also, why so little from the rest of the XIII crew? Since they all actually appear, the shortness of their scenes doesn't make much sense to me.

And poor Snow. And Noel. Ugh, I'm so conflicted. Maybe I need to sleep on it.

I liked Sarah and Noel. I kind of liked the story. I loved the fact that it largely revolved around the events of XIII, and Fang and Vanille/ crystal pillar is a huge focus. I do not enjoy everyone somehow living 500 years in the future and then being sucked into Valhalla. I do not enjoy the emptyness I am feeling right now (because of the Serah situation, not because of the "to be continued").

Someone help?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Is Trollspike one of the weapons with the chain bonus boosts? (why don't i look at names) I think I should use more varied weapons, I've just stuck with that one that's stronger the more fragments you have since I got it.

I think a defender might be a given for Attila though just because when it starts summoning a ton of other Cie'th having something to distract them helps. (Also the Great Wall/3 defender one for the big attack.)

Trollspike has chain lvl 3 -- the strength is really high, the magic is slightly lower than the most powerful weapon I have currently but you can make up for it with Magician's Mark.

I suck at being defensive I usually just RAV-W to kill everything as fast as possible. Maybe once I fight it I will have better advice :sadpanda:

Prince Lex said:
It's like, the twist you were absolutely NEVER expecting.

What weren't you expecting, Serah's death?? idk that seemed like a pretty obvious thing that was going to happen (right after the dream sequences she and Noel talk about this). If anything I'm glad they didn't pull the punch with that -- I sorta figured from the start she or Noel would die since they were both fucking with the timeline.

However it's also implied Serah (possibly also Yeul & Caius) aren't even really dead - or won't be dead for long. If Caius' whole deal was to have the heart of chaos destroyed to free the seers from their fates and unleash a world without the rules of time and death, we for sure haven't seen the last of them.

And poor Snow

I DO NOT FEEL BAD FOR THIS LYING SACK OF CRAP

/really pissed at snow in this game

Splintered

unsavory tart
I feel like it should have had the same impact as Tidus's death in FFX, in some ways it was even more dramatic and it was just as unexpected. But seriously?
lol DAT ENDING. I was spoiled way before FFXIII-2 and got all my good rage out before I got the game. I think a lot of that ending was just executed badly, X was made bittersweet, XIII-2 was suppose to shock and confuse the audience. Oh also, most inappropriate music ever.

When I first saw the ending my guess was that they were setting up for part II of the Etros story. Since a lot of the mythology was actually about the world of the dead, and now that Serah and her mog weapon are gone, and the Valhalla gates are spewing crap into the world, the other gods would start making their appearance. I mean, didn't the original game show that at least Pulse was still somewhat active. And even if the fal'cie are dormant, they were kind of made for the purpose of finding their way to the invisible world... kinda. So... plan achieved I guess. This is what the plan was for, right? So now it's like the Fal'cie Strikes Back?

But apparently Lightning's story is coming out on dlc instead of an actual full game so that kind of negates them. Although I'm not really against it, Lightning turning into a statue is the thing I just don't understand at all.

I mean, a lot of things are pretty poorly explained, but I can at least understand most of them. Lightning on Etros throne, I don't even. And it took me awhile to struggle through some of the holes in Caius' plan (if he could kill Etros by stabbing his heart... then why didn't he stab himself in the heart? That way it couldn't flow into a new guardian. WHY DID NO ONE TELL SERAH AND NOEL DIRECTLY THAT IT WOULD DESTROY THE WORD... well Caius did sorta. If history already ended at that time what's the point of destroying time because Yuel would stop being reborn anyway. And if she was, there would be no history to see, the paradox ending shows that. Also Academia knew that the Cocoon would fall eventually, my god why would you build a city there. And you can float the godamn moon, you can't build support structures?)

Actually it's kind of interesting that something that's suppose to be shocking was laid out plain during the game. It's revealed Serah will die if she continues to screw with the timeline. Caius tells Noel that destroying his heart would kill Etros (he says again so maybe she'll pop right back up?) I don't know if you can find it before you finish the game, but in Bohdum 700, you find letters from Serah and Noel basically saying BAD SHIT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

That said, cgi ending aside, when I played, I found the Caius and Noel fight a lot more compelling. Caius raging at Noel about the death of the Yuels was surprisingly sad.

Also, Final Fantasy XIII main characters have a bad habit of accidentally breaking the world. They should try and stop doing that.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
When I first saw the ending my guess was that they were setting up for part II of the Etros story. Since a lot of the mythology was actually about the world of the dead, and now that Serah and her mog weapon are gone, and the Valhalla gates are spewing crap into the world, the other gods would start making their appearance. I mean, didn't the original game show that at least Pulse was still somewhat active. And even if the fal'cie are dormant, they were kind of made for the purpose of finding their way to the invisible world... kinda. So... plan achieved I guess. This is what the plan was for, right? So now it's like the Fal'cie Strikes Back?

Been so busy raging over all the stupid, I forgot about that bit of the mythology. If the Unseen World has now rolled itself out onto the regular world, then for sure Pulse and Lindzei should be making an appearance.

Splintered said:
I mean, a lot of things are pretty poorly explained, but I can at least understand most of them. Lightning on Etros throne, I don't even. And it took me awhile to struggle through some of the holes in Caius' plan (if he could kill Etros by stabbing his heart... then why didn't he stab himself in the heart? That way it couldn't flow into a new guardian. WHY DID NO ONE TELL SERAH AND NOEL DIRECTLY THAT IT WOULD DESTROY THE WORD... well Caius did sorta. If history already ended at that time what's the point of destroying time because Yuel would stop being reborn anyway. And if she was, there would be no history to see, the paradox ending shows that. Also Academia knew that the Cocoon would fall eventually, my god why would you build a city there. And you can float the godamn moon, you can't build support structures?)

:monster:

Add the awkward naming of the new Cocoon to the list of WTF as well.

Splintered said:
Caius tells Noel that destroying his heart would kill Etros (he says again so maybe she'll pop right back up?)

It will be interesting to see exactly what's supposed to qualify for "dead" now that Valhalla has been imposed on the rest of reality.

Lex

Administrator
So much to quote and respond to!

Also wanted to add that a few things I liked that I've seen people bitching about: -

1. The Historia Crux theme (not the crazy chanting part, but the first couple of minutes I really enjoy!)

2. The Rambunctious Chocobo theme: Fits really well with those chocobos. I'm not into that style of music anymore but every time I hop onto one of those Gysahl junkie birds it gives me chuckles.

3. The story. Is it just me, or is every reviewer totally blowing it out of proportion? I know in places it's contrived, but ffs, has there ever been a FF that doesn't have a completely contrived plot? I met a friend for coffee today and when she asked about XIII-2's story, I attempted to explain it and we ended up laughing for about 20 minutes. Of course it's contrived, its FUCKING FINAL FANTASY. I still thought it was great (plot holes notwithstanding).

@ Aradia - No, I wasn't expecting Serah's death. At all. I suppose it wasn't really a twist so much as following the plot the game set up (for once, cheap dig haha), but that in itself was a huge twist, you know?

What was I expecting? How about seeing SERAH AND LIGHTNING REUNITED FOREVER!? Serah's entire motive is to get to Lightning, and it just isn't fulfilled. Slight rage at that. I mean, I know they have a conversation but meh.

Splintered said:
I don't know if you can find it before you finish the game, but in Bohdum 700, you find letters from Serah and Noel basically saying BAD SHIT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

You need the paradox scope to pick those up, and you can only get that by completing the game. I think Serah's message in that example is an acceptance of death, yes, but more likely I don't actually think she's dead.

What I can't work out is whether the timing makes a difference. If she died in Valhalla (when the world became valhalla) then she's not really dead. But she died before that happened, so she might ACTUALLY be dead. Oddness.

And I agree about the crazy building a new cocoon thing... why the hell didn't they just float the old one instead?

Also, WHY WAS THERE NO CONFRONTATION OF ALYSSA AND HER EVIL ASSNESS. I was all geared up for some betrayal melodrama when I first went to Academia 500AF and there was just no payoff. But she faded into nothingness because originally she never survived the original purge... or something. Contrived plot, moving on.

splintered said:
Also, Final Fantasy XIII main characters have a bad habit of accidentally breaking the world. They should try and stop doing that.

I had to quote this, because it's awesome and made me laugh even though I'm really really tired.

Splintered said:
But apparently Lightning's story is coming out on dlc instead of an actual full game so that kind of negates them. Although I'm not really against it, Lightning turning into a statue is the thing I just don't understand at all.

I have the collector's edition guide, which sheds some light on this (it has an exclusive interview with Toriyama who explains a few things). Well, it's actually quite vague, but what it says is:

Q: Is there a meaning to the throne of Etro that is seen at various moments in the void beyond?

A: The throne of Etro is empty for most of the game. This symbolises the ever diminishing power of Etro. However, in the ending Lightning sits atop the throne. This symbolises the world's existence relies on her to embody the divine will. As Lightning wants to maintain hope, she enters crystal stasis in order to protect the will of her sacrified sister, Serah. We are planning a DLC release to reveal the background to this.

BTW, I'm assuming someone's already done this, but since the interview is only in the limited edition version I'd be happy to put up scans or type up a transcript if anyone cares enough to want to read it. Tomorrow, right now my body just wants to collapse onto my comfortable bed and forget that ending.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
am i the only one who liked the crazy chanting in the historia crux song

i know she's going TIME AND SPACE TIME AND SPACE TIME AND SPACE

but i just like it

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
^ I absolutely love the Historia Crux song too. Sometimes I just stay there just to hear it XD

I finished the game three days ago and I still can't get over the ending. Everything is so MESSED UP. It's not even funny.
I mean, seriously? Serah dies, Lightning is crystalized, Chaos eats the world. Just, what the hell.

I absolutely love the game, but I want a solid ending for this story already :/ especially because I just can't and refuse to deal with Serah dying. Just no.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Another thing (of all the stuff below) that I don't understand: If Caius wished to kill Etro, why is his theme song basically a love-song-commitment to her (without revealing her name of course)?

Also, is it only me that questions when 'the goddess' is mentioned, do they really mean Etro or could they mean Muin (or both)?

am i the only one who liked the crazy chanting in the historia crux song

i know she's going TIME AND SPACE TIME AND SPACE TIME AND SPACE

but i just like it

^ I absolutely love the Historia Crux song too. Sometimes I just stay there just to hear it XD

Same. I love the song too. Bad thing is, it's was stuck in my head for days. :P It's not good when one is in class and suddenly 'Time and space, time and space, time and space!" comes lowly rolling through one's thoughts.

I finished the game three days ago and I still can't get over the ending. Everything is so MESSED UP. It's not even funny. I mean, seriously? Serah dies, Lightning is crystalized, Chaos eats the world. Just, what the hell.

I absolutely love the game, but I want a solid ending for this story already :/ especially because I just can't and refuse to deal with Serah dying. Just no.

I can live with a bad ending, it's just this bad ending leaves so many questions unanswered. A few things: I would like to have explained more about Etro and the heart of the guardian. Was Etro or a piece of her that could still exist in the physical realm actually living inside the guardian? Was this 'heart of Etro' passed down from Etro from Muin before she died? Was Etro's powers indeed descended from Muin when Muin charged Etro with keeping the balance of the cosmos?

Now, please don't hate me, but I can live with Serah dying, I can live with Lightning having to remain in Valhalla, I can live with Snow being off and may never return... It would be hard, it would be sad - but I can live with this (maybe because I guess none of the characters really evoked any sort of connection with me, nothing pulled at my heart strings so much and nothing really struck me as important). What I find hard to live with is that the whole world is destroyed. I find it hard to believe that - after everything, which personally I think was part of the problem to begin with (everyone who was messing with the timeline by even trans-versing the timeline!), basically the same thing happens, but at a faster rate and more devastating degree.

Would I be wrong if I admitted my thoughts that I would like to see and learn more about Buniberzei and Pulse and Lindzei, as well as Muin and Etro, and their respective sides? I can't help but the Arbiter of Time in the Coliseum was basically alluding to Buniberzei's plans to destroy the spirit of his mother. I would also like to learn more about why he hates his mother so much, and would like to learn her side of things too. This part of the storyline makes me think of -not sure about the country(ies?) of origin- Sumerian (?) mythology of Tiamat (female dragon mother of the gods) who was defeated by her son... I forget his name (Mar(ma?)duk). (Can you tell I like mythology/legends?)

Last edited:

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
I can live with a bad ending, it's just this bad ending leaves so many questions unanswered. A few things: I would like to have explained more about Etro and the heart of the guardian. Was Etro or a piece of her that could still exist in the physical realm actually living inside the guardian? Was this 'heart of Etro' passed down from Etro from Muin before she died? Was Etro's powers indeed descended from Muin when Muin charged Etro with keeping the balance of the cosmos?

Now, please don't hate me, but I can live with Serah dying, I can live with Lightning having to remain in Valhalla, I can live with Snow being off and may never return... It would be hard, it would be sad - but I can live with this (maybe because I guess none of the characters really evoked any sort of connection with me, nothing pulled at my heart strings so much and nothing really struck me as important). What I find hard to live with is that the whole world is destroyed. I find it hard to believe that - after everything, which personally I think was part of the problem to begin with (everyone who was messing with the timeline by even trans-versing the timeline!), basically the same thing happens, but at a faster rate and more devastating degree.

Would I be wrong if I admitted my thoughts that I would like to see and learn more about Buniberzei and Pulse and Lindzei, as well as Muin and Etro, and their respective sides? I can't help but the Arbiter of Time in the Coliseum was basically alluding to Buniberzei's plans to destroy the spirit of his mother. I would also like to learn more about why he hates his mother so much, and would like to learn her side of things too. This part of the storyline makes me think of -not sure about the country(ies?) of origin- Sumerian (?) mythology of Tiamat (female dragon mother of the gods) who was defeated by her son... I forget his name (Mar(ma?)duk). (Can you tell I like mythology/legends?)

See, that's the thing. It's not just the fact that it's a sad/bad ending, it's because it left a lot of stuff just floating in the air, without a clear answer. I still don't understand why a lot of stuff happened and it feels incomplete. So basically, while I hate what they did to both Serah and Light, the fact that it feels so incomplete is what bothers me the most. Also, what about Noel? His mere existence is pretty much a paradox, why didn't anything happen to him? (Not that I'd like to, I love him, but you get what I mean XD)

Don't worry, I understand :3 even though I don't agree since I personally have connected a lot to the characters in this game. Serah and Noel especially, and I can't believe that, after everything they went through, after Serah even sacrificed herself, the world ended up being destroyed. Just... Ugh.

I'd love to see more of it too! XIII has one of the richest mythologies in the series. There are LOTS of possibilities.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Been so busy raging over all the stupid, I forgot about that bit of the mythology. If the Unseen World has now rolled itself out onto the regular world, then for sure Pulse and Lindzei should be making an appearance.
Right. But I'm still confused on what Valhalla is kind of. It's the unseen realm but I'm trying to figure out if it's the land between reality and the land of the dead or it's suppose to be the realm of the dead in general. And if it's not the realm of the dead, if Etros can actually go to the realm of the dead considering she may have died before and has met Muin.

Add the awkward naming of the new Cocoon to the list of WTF as well.
Final Fantasy and their weird ass names. Also he names it Bhunivelze, which is the name of the original god. Which confused me when I saw the ending in the Japanese version because I thought Bhunivelze woke up and thought, oh shit he's going to do some stuff now- but turns out they just named the planet after it. Which strikes me as odd because no one in Academia is particularly religious. The only ones that seemed to care about the mythology at all is Noel and his tribe's religious affiliation with Etros. And Noel is hinted to be from parts of the Gran Pulse's Paddra tribe hidden away and not descendant from Cocoon.

1. The Historia Crux theme (not the crazy chanting part, but the first couple of minutes I really enjoy!)
I like the music in XIII but I'm not a fan of it. Even when the song opens all I can think is SPACEANDTIME and it repeats in my head forever oh god why

2. The Rambunctious Chocobo theme: Fits really well with those chocobos. I'm not into that style of music anymore but every time I hop onto one of those Gysahl junkie birds it gives me chuckles.
After seeing it in game, the song actually makes me laugh, but I hate those chocobos. Especially since they never stand still after you get off, one time I chased one of those bastards so I could quickly go somewhere only to realize I ran after them all the way to my destination anyway.

3. The story. Is it just me, or is every reviewer totally blowing it out of proportion?
I have mixed feelings about it. I actually enjoyed the time jumping, if nothing else for the game mechanics. I actually found parts of it interesting, and imo- the best parts of it were the personal issues. Noel's need to confront Caius, Caius and his need to save Yuel, Serah wanting to save Lightning.

But I have problems with the reveals, they felt rushed or just dumb. Like, Hope popping up 300 years in the future and was like "lol, I slept in a tube and gravity slowed down time." That was so bad I groaned. I'm fine with "a wizard did it" because it's future fantasy and we can work with that. But the moments when they tried their hand at science fiction was embarrassing. There's space time overlapping in our network- what the hell does that even mean, jfc just show me the way to the monster so I can kill it.

And I agree about the crazy building a new cocoon thing... why the hell didn't they just float the old one instead?
They have some explanation for that but you've got to have the right live trigger. So you miss some explanations if you don't respond the right way and it leaves it unfinished.

From what I understand, they tried to float Cocoon again but it was built by fal'cie technology and it's done in a way where they need a fal'cie to power it. That's what the prototype Adam was, an imitation fal'cie that would be able to float Cocoon, only he went crazy and they had to pull the plug after they saw Serah and Noel battling it. So they couldn't power the old Cocoon they built their own. And the reason they needed a new floating city is that while they could mitigate the damage of Cocoon falling through their own technology, there would still be the possibility that with Cocoon being so large and falling so high, there would still be enough damage that they want people off land and into the air.

What I don't understand is that they mention the 13th Ark. Last time I checked but weren't Arks made for war against Cocoon and to train l'cie. And aren't they built and powered by fal'cie so how can you use them, why are you using them, and how did you find it anyway?

Also, WHY WAS THERE NO CONFRONTATION OF ALYSSA AND HER EVIL ASSNESS. I was all geared up for some betrayal melodrama when I first went to Academia 500AF and there was just no payoff. But she faded into nothingness because originally she never survived the original purge... or something. Contrived plot, moving on.
I wanted this so bad. You would think they would considering the melodrama when she first explains her fears of not existing. But no, you don't get to. Even in the paradox ending, she just looks generic-ly evil. But one of the only things that made her interesting was the fact that she was underhanded. And it was less evil as a way to survive her survival.

Here you've got this girl who is well liked, but a lot of the cast at least once feels like she's using them. She's ambitious but she's also genuinely smart and earned every recognition she got. And now she's confronted with the choice to live as a paradox or accept death. And what's worse, she won't even die with her accomplishments, she would died at around 14, by either being crushed to death or buried alive, before she even got a chance. I would think that this would be a fascinating confrontation like "You think you're changing the world, but I want to live too, why can't I fight for me as well." But they don't and make her back into boring.
As Lightning wants to maintain hope, she enters crystal stasis in order to protect the will of her sacrified sister, Serah. We are planning a DLC release to reveal the background to this.
I think Serah's dead and this quote makes me think she really is, but it's not without a safety net. Mythology states that there's actually important stuff in the world of the dead, namely Muin and how pretty much all the fal'cie and every god except Etros is programed to fight it. So Serah being dead actually fits nicely into her being able to solve things there. I don't know what happened to Lightning but I can bet it's going to allow her to save her sister later on.

I don't see Lightning silently allowing Serah to just die. Serah was the reason that Lightning started her journey into XIII, which opened the door for her in XIII-2 in the first place. Lightning broke her fate just to see her again. If there's anything XIII universe has, it's the lengths people will go to to save the people they love. Lightning, Snow, and Sazh basically willed themselves to break the rules of reality/fal'cie for Serah and Dajh. Fang was going to destroy the world. Caius was going to destroy existence. Serah began to mess with time with someone she barely met and she was half convinced she was crazy herself. Hell, even Dysley is like that in some way, cultivated and was going to destroy the world so he could be with his maker. I don't see Lightning sacrificing her sister without any hope.

If Caius wished to kill Etro, why is his theme song basically a love-song-commitment to her (without revealing her name of course)?
What's the lyrics to his song?

Caius has a weird relationship with Etros. Etros should know about time, so I don't know why she gave him his heart if she knew he would want to destroy everything. And Caius should be somewhat aware that Etros actually kind of saved him. He was a l'cie after all. Also I'm confused, if part of the reason the world is so screwed up is because Etros intervened with Lightning and company, his story is so similar to them- why didn't his existence cause paradoxes? Was Etros just stronger then?

And I'm going to assume that Caius' Chaos Bahamut is the part of the ritual that melds eidolon and summoner together (it's mentioned in one of the fragments)- so are there multiple Bahamuts? And I don't buy the fact that Yuel reincarnated just for Caius considering that there were protectors before him, at least that's my impression

EDIT:
Also, what about Noel? His mere existence is pretty much a paradox, why didn't anything happen to him? (Not that I'd like to, I love him, but you get what I mean XD)
They even go so far as to mention that in-game. That he might cease to exist. And if the paradoxes never happened in the timelines, how can Serah and company live in the 500 AF future, that's a paradox. And a huge chunk of the Academia culture is built on paradoxes. In one of the quizzes, they actually mention that it's the most discussed thing in textbooks- and yeah while they are silly, it still shows that people understand and live with time distortions all the time. So... does that all change since these issues never came out Aaaaa what the fuck my brain I hate time travel stories.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
There are some fragments talking about the 13th Ark, aren't there? I can't remember if they included stuff about the "invading other worlds" part that was missing from the English version of XIII or not now. I need to read these things again :sadpanda:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
Just to be clear, is the assumption that a XIII-3 will be created to make more monies untangle all this mess?

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Yes, I love Historia Crux theme. One of the best in the game in my opinion!!

*Goes back to lurk without spoiling myself* :]

(My brother says Historia Crux reminds him of Ar Tonelico OSTs. Probably because in AT there's a lot of chanting all around, which I enjoy)

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, I just got done a few hours of game play. :P

Anyhow...

Academia 400 AF was a trial. Not because of levels but because of the repetition as well as the speed of the whole thing.

I have not beaten the storyline yet. I am trying to do everything I can before I fight Caius/Bahamut. I'm just starting Academia 4XX AF.

Serah and Noel are almost completely leveled. Both are level 99 in Commando and Ravager roles, Serah is a level 99 Saboteur and Medic while Noel is a level 99 Sentinel and Synergist.

Where is everyone?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I peeked into 500AF. I'm not really ready for it yet (and I need to save a shitton of gil for the endgame weapons I want), but DAMN, this place is fucking cool.

I'm hoping this is just a taste of the world we see in XIII-3.

Like some Majora's Mask level weird shit going on.

Splintered

unsavory tart
How is Light with levelling up?
She's an early peaker on the final level. She doesn't have as many nodes as most monsters since she peaks at level 13 but she's still kind of expensive- like a good number of them require a ridiculous number of crystals each.

The way I leveled her up, I got her to 882 strength and 1002 magic with 6471 HP (but I also have strength 16%, HP10% and magic 20% infused on her)- I focused on magic though. She also has access to a lot of the magic and strike spells, although if you are looking for the -ra and -ga spells you need to infuse her (except Thundaga). She also has fearsiphon and overwhelm.

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I certainly think so. Although Toriyama has already said that the ending was meant to:

And although there's going to be episodic DLC, they've only really said they'll be doing backstory (Sazh, Lightning etc.)

IDK, even with the Paradox's endings it is kind of weird. I mean on one Serah comes out of Nowhere and runs away with Snow and Mog. On another one Serah and Noel become Flans, and on ANOTHER one Vanille's a crystal on Oerba. How's that supposed to deal with the To Be Continued? This guy better deal with the mess he's created :/ .

And yeah, I want the DLC so I can understand at least the reason why Sazh has disappeared. I know a bit about what happened with Snow (Through fragments :awesome:) but still... :P

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
And yeah, I want the DLC so I can understand at least the reason why Sazh has disappeared. I know a bit about what happened with Snow (Through fragments :awesome:) but still... :P

I basically think people are appearing and disappearing at random (maybe not so much at random, but...) Still, what was going on when they disappeared, etc. I agree, I'd like to know.

I'd also like to know who (fal'Cie) agreed to make Snow a l'Cie.

Top Bottom