• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Spoiler Thread)

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
154 fragments here, and taking a break until monday, now. Lots of work to do.
I still have to do one paradox ending (Serah's battle against Caius; I tried it yesterday, was still too hard for me).
Then three of Serendipity's fragments, the Cie'th battle in the Steppe (I tried it as well, a while before, still a bit too hard), and the monster log. Probably I'll train a bit, then do the Cie'th battle; then get some if not all of Serendipity's fragments, then go for Caius' battle, and finally go for the monster log; which will be a tough one.
I did the same, Arianna! Feels bad, but still.
The theme song for Noel's theme there, which is great by the way, has vocals by Kokia... who sang in the last Ar Tonelico game. I told you those are good :awesome:
I was able to complete all the puzzles without help. My favourites are the crystal ones where the floors disappear. Some of the hardest, too!

By the way, I was thinking of some stuff about the Gods and whatnot... I'll just go on with my ramblings:

- Lighting is turned into crystal. She was a servant of Etro. We should remember that Etro is (was) a fal'Cie, as stated in the Fabula Nova Crystallis Myth. This means Lightning may have actually been a fal'Cie during FFXIII-2, and completed her focus... whichever it is.
- With Lindzei and Etro gone, and Muin having disappeared long before the events of the game... the Myth states that once Chaos enters the mortal world, that would be the time when Bhunivelze would wake up. I beliebve it is very likely he'll appear in FFXIII-3, if the game actually ends up existing.
- One of the gods was slain in each game so far... So I'm assuming that either Bhunivelze or Pulse, who's also a fal'Cie, will die during the events of the next part of story.

I'm honestly very interested in what's next for this game, now. I know we're still in february, but this has been the videogaming surprise of the year, for me. And I doubt it would change. I'd like to know what you all think about my suppositions.

Splintered

unsavory tart
the Cie'th battle in the Steppe (I tried it as well, a while before, still a bit too hard),
This is the battle I still have issue with, even with chaos crystal weapons-160 fragments- and fully leveled up characters and monsters. The problem is that he's the only one you can farm traps from, which isn't even guaranteed to get under a durable collector catalogue.

There's actually a "cheap" way to do it, the same way you defeat his FFXIII counterpart. throwing poison on him will kill him with enough speed and then you can hide under your SENs, just reapply it after every time he gets out of his barrier mode. But the issue with this I had problems making it stick, even with more than one SAB in my party.

So usually I just do it the old fashion way, deprotect, imperil, ravravrav, comcomcom- healing and would potions where necessary. But he can get crazy after his lower healths, and he's one of the few monsters that you'll need a SENSENSEN for.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
- With Lindzei and Etro gone, and Muin having disappeared long before the events of the game... the Myth states that once Chaos enters the mortal world, that would be the time when Bhunivelze would wake up. I beliebve it is very likely he'll appear in FFXIII-3, if the game actually ends up existing.

Wait, wait, what?! Lindzei is also dead?! Where is this? Spoil me, please.

Lex

Administrator
Didn't Lindzei abandon his creations or something? I don't think (it)'s dead, just gone.

Isn't Barthandelus's motive in XIII to destroy Cocoon to summon it's creator? (Lindzei). Interestingly, Cocoon was only properly destroyed at the end of XIII-2.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
For some reason I thought Barthendelus was Lindzei? If not, that's my bad, and then Lindzei's just around somewhere? :awesome:

I guess I made a pretty big mistake there. What a shame, my theory was great.

EDIT: Not only I didn't take a break; but I also bought the DLC, beat the sh*t out of Lightning and Amodar during a couple of hours until I got them both. I regret nothing.

They're much, MUCH, M U C H better than my old ravager (Koboldroid Yin) and commando (Yaksha). Yes, I know I'm not good at the whole monsters thing, but this allowed me to enjoy a nice difficulty curve, too. Except for those battles that I just couldn't beat, yet...! :(

Now I've got a good Ravager and Commando (which were part of my group anyway); so I just need a good Sentinel... I'm training a Silver Chocobo; heard they should be good.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I use a silver chocobo for my Sentinel. It's called Coco :P It's never died. Got me through that paradox battle with Caius (the Vanille alone one).

I've beat Lightning and Amodar a good few times but still haven't picked up their crystals. I just want Lightning to replace my Cloudburst.

Tonberry is my Commando, and no one shall replace him! I just love having a Tonberry on my side, it made the whole monster system awesome for me. Especially when he wins the battle and just waves his knife from side to side. Mine is called Severus hahahahaha.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Severus! Oh God, it's just too funny.

I don't recall a battle with Vanille fighting Caius, though :awesome: but I imagine the Silver Chocobo is amazing either way. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep upgrading it!

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
I finally got all the fragments in Serendipity, along with the two final weapons for Serah and Noel (Or so said the guide :/) made by my baby Hope <3.

I haven't trained my silver enough, nor have I named him yet :/. I'm just upgrading my Odin and green chocobo (Is named Kalua <3) enough. TBH I'm not that excited for Lightning or Amodar and I just rather level up, get all the chocobos and then get those two. Besides chances are I won't even use them.

I can't help but wonder if Snow will be part of the Coliseum? I've read a few fragments stating that Snow was gonna visit the Coliseum, (According to Vanille it was for "their sake") but so far IDK. Either way if they do I guess I'd be one of the few who'll get excited for it.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Man I love this game <<<<<<<<3

I got a Behemoth, Red Chocobo and two yellow ones xD

Noel is a lvl 80 com and Serah is a lvl 40 Rav.

I'm up to Academia ? 400 I think and Caius is turning the public into Cie'th. I think it's called Cie'th ? The zombie like creatures if you failed your focus.

Caius is trolling poor Noel and it's sorta clear that he's trying to make Noel mad, don't know why he doesn't see that. :/

Also the random battles have increased and there's a fight every three seconds or something ridic. It's getting so frustrating trying to find the exit out and you're getting ambushed by monster attacks every two seconds.
&#9520;&#969;&#9520;

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
For some reason I thought Barthendelus was Lindzei? If not, that's my bad, and then Lindzei's just around somewhere? :awesome:

Barthendelus is a Fal'Cie, Lindzei is something above that. Along Pulse and Etro rules all the Fal'Cie (Or something like that I read) . I saw Barthy was something like an errand boy or so. Hito was the one who talked about that stuff If I'm not mistaken :/. My memories are always fuzzy.

@Sami:
Bb is that the one you need 10,000 or so? Is weird you haven't got those if you finished the fragments. If so then yep, the Chocobo races are your best way. Just enter your most leveled Chocobo and it should be a piece of cake. I used my Gold Chocobo (Chapis <3) and it helped me a lot. Also, for those races you are reallly sure you'd win, bet on yourself 100 chips. In no time you'll get your trophy. And in those you are not sure if you'd win, then bet on the best chocobo (*,A or B). I never bet on those 100 chips, because not all the time they win. <3 I hope it helps you bb.

@Kairi
Yes, it is Cie'th. I liked that part TBH.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I still think they are, but you know what? The Ultimania Omega says no.

Soooooo...

I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that Barthandelus/Orphan share a lot of Lindzei's characteristics.

(Being parent/child doesn't count in that comment.)

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
In fact, I think I recall thinking they're the same because I read it from you. May be wrong, but I think that was the reason?

And... well, you know, you're the expert on FNC mythology! :) SO I AGREE WITH YOU THERE; SISTAH!

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Got around to fighting Lightning and Amodar for a few rounds. I have Lightning's crystal now, just need to gain Amodar's. For some reason, this DLC has given me two things. First, I have a greater respect for Lightning. I have no clue why, but I do. Second, I think the reason why NORA was allowed to 'get away' with a lot of the hunting they did (which was - I forget the official name - Lightning's group's job) was because Amodar and Snow are a lot alike. Amodar just gained wisdom and discipline with the passing of time.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think the confusion on the Barthandelus and Lindzei issue probably stems from the story section in the back of the North American special edition strategy guide for FFXIII:

Study suggests that the fell demon Lindzei may well be the same entity as Barthandelus. Lindzei is credited with creating Cocoon and weaving lies to ensnare the creatures of Gran Pulse, leading them to a "paradise".

XIII's Ultimania Omega makes it clear that this was never the intention, though:

(thanks again to hito for this translation way back when)
Nakano: I was told by the planning side that I was free to do what I wanted except for two points, "since it is an 'orphan' make it appear as a child" and "the child form comes after it transforms, and before it becomes a child make it extravagant". For the 1st form I used an orphan's parents as the motif, and the reason the 2nd form appears after defeating the 1st was to give it the meaning of 'being born from the loss of its parents'-- so 'being born as an orphan'. Initially I heard that Dysley would transforms into Orphan, so on the right side of the 1st form I included a face that looked like Barthandelus. The mother on the left side is god Lindzei (the god that had the fal'Cie create Cocoon/ >P.198) as Dysley envisioned it, but it differs from its actual appearance and more sinister.

If Bart only has an idea what Lindzei would look like, then it's probably safe to say they aren't the same person.

By the way, if anybody's interested, at the end of this post, I'll post all of the "Analysis & Speculation" data that was in that guide.

Splintered said:
El Diablo Gato said:
Add the awkward naming of the new Cocoon to the list of WTF.
Final Fantasy and their weird ass names. Also he names it Bhunivelze, which is the name of the original god. Which confused me when I saw the ending in the Japanese version because I thought Bhunivelze woke up and thought, oh shit he's going to do some stuff now- but turns out they just named the planet after it. Which strikes me as odd because no one in Academia is particularly religious. The only ones that seemed to care about the mythology at all is Noel and his tribe's religious affiliation with Etros. And Noel is hinted to be from parts of the Gran Pulse's Paddra tribe hidden away and not descendant from Cocoon.

That's what's confusing about it to me. Why would Hope name the new Cocoon after one of the gods at all, but particularly a dickwad like Bhunivelze?

Does the Ultimania Omega go into why Lindzei created humanity?

That part in 200 AF really depressed me. I believe all lives have souls. Every single little life form, or big life form. I've been around so many nicer animals than humans in my life. I'm tired of humanity thinking it's special, but then using those thoughts to kill and maim all other lives.

Major agreement right here.

I really don't like how so much science fiction treats humans -- or Earth, as is often the case as well -- as inherently more special. That's one of the things I really liked about James Cameron's "Avatar."

I really like it when stories either treat Earth and its denizens as equal to other races, or -- if it must be given some special quality -- it's completely incidental rather than divinely ordained.

Definitely 9 out of 10 for gameplay, my view.
Celesta said:
Barthandelous wanted to facilitate mass murder to gain access to the lost deities. I think by opening the door to the unseen world the consequence of the world being consumed by chaos would occur by default. But this was not the central goal. Bart was interesting but in my opinion a very much a predictable, one dimensional villain.

Whereas I fully empathized with and almost wanted to root for Caius.

Personally I think he's a great villain because he stirs this conflict in me.
Caius is motivated to kill Etro, therby unleash to power of chaos, for the sake of someone he loves and cares for; he wants to release both himself and Yuel from the viscious cycle of premature death and rebirth. He became Yuel's eternal guardian because he made the decision to sacrifice his life to save her some hundreds of years before the events of the game. Etro rewards him by sentencing him to a life of eternal servitude to Yuel. In a sense it's both a blessing and a curse; he could remain with Yuel forever but unfortunately this means he also has to witness her die over and over again. Yes he's something of a monster but essentially just a very sad, tired man.
I accept your view, though I disagree.

Taking a life is taking a life. Love or not as the reason, it doesn't matter. Caius, I'm sure, would know that if the goddess died, everything would follow suit. She is the balance of the cosmos, given her focus via Muin (though they don't call it that) who was before her, but was dying and unable to continue in such a role. When the one who represents and indeed holds together the delicate balance of the cosmos is gone, that balance dies with her. And sadly, Etro's balance was fair at best, most likely due to the fact that Muin couldn't explain everything.

Honestly, if we're going to go the route of who committed a worse sin, I would say it was Caius.

Both Caius and Barthandelus were sad, tired men. The only thing that separates them in that regard is that Barthandelus is fal'Cie - a sentient, intelligent being removed from true human understanding. The best way that humans could view fal'Cie are as living machines. And, if I'm correct, I believe their true selves were the spirits of the crystal that was encased within the robotic body (I always think of the Transformers when it comes to the fal'Cie and the Eidolins.)

Yes, I am pro-fal'Cie! I think they are an interesting life form and I have no problem with them.

Caius wished to stop the cycle of death and rebirth for Yuel, but felt the only way that could be done is via the death of Etro. He could be seen as equally a mass murderer.

Barthandelus/Orphan wanted to - when all was said and done - complete the mission that Bhuniberzei (Bhunivelze) himself ordered of Lindzei. Protect, yet kill. Protect the world, protect what was Bhuniberzei, but destroy any that would seek to harm Bhuniberzei. I would see man as both a part of and yet enemy of Bhuniberzei; via his divine will, humanity were also descendants of the god, yet by their nature, they could be seen as enemies to be destroyed. This is what Barthandelus/Menrva/Orphan mix spoke about when rising. At the same time, I think he/they were suicidal, tired of the same ric-a-ma-roll that seemed to govern life.

Anyhow... My essay for the day. :P

I like you more with every post you post. :monster:

Even when I don't agree completely (though I don't disagree with anything you said here), I feel like I've learned something.

Second, I think the reason why NORA was allowed to 'get away' with a lot of the hunting they did (which was - I forget the official name - Lightning's group's job) was because Amodar and Snow are a lot alike. Amodar just gained wisdom and discipline with the passing of time.

You thinking of the Guardian Corps?

I have the collector's edition guide, which sheds some light on this (it has an exclusive interview with Toriyama who explains a few things). Well, it's actually quite vague, but what it says is:

Q: Is there a meaning to the throne of Etro that is seen at various moments in the void beyond?

A: The throne of Etro is empty for most of the game. This symbolises the ever diminishing power of Etro. However, in the ending Lightning sits atop the throne. This symbolises the world's existence relies on her to embody the divine will. As Lightning wants to maintain hope, she enters crystal stasis in order to protect the will of her sacrified sister, Serah. We are planning a DLC release to reveal the background to this.

BTW, I'm assuming someone's already done this, but since the interview is only in the limited edition version I'd be happy to put up scans or type up a transcript if anyone cares enough to want to read it. Tomorrow, right now my body just wants to collapse onto my comfortable bed and forget that ending.

I don't think I've seen the rest of that interview. I'd love to know more, though I wouldn't think to ask you to type up all of what is, undoubtedly, a lot of shit.

I'd be grateful for even just some highlights.

Here's that information from the first XIII's strategy guide I promised. I can't vouch for the accuracy of all of it, but this is what was in the book, word for word:

-------------------
ANALYSIS & SPECULATION
This section is intended to fill in gaps and provide explanations of key plot points, joining up events and backstory for players who missed any details along the way. It should be evident that this section contains major spoilers. If you have yet to complete the main storyline, we suggest -- nay, insist -- that you turn away from these pages now.

What are fal'Cie, l'Cie and Cie'th?
The fal'Cie are sentient beings created by the Maker to perform a host of tasks and duties. Fal'Cie are described as a race of superior beings but their forms are varied and mechanistic. The Datalog reveals that there may be as many as eight million fal'Cie on Cocoon, all playing their part in the daily functions of the society and Sanctum operation -- even down to tasks as trivial as controlling a sliding door.

Creatures of purpose, the most potent fal'Cie have the power to bind humans to a task. L'Cie is the name given to such humans, and the task given is called a Focus. Mark missions on Gran Pulse reveal some of the ordinary types of Focus that once applied when society on the surface was thriving, though the surviving thoughts of the recipients reveal that the assignation of a Focus was always a life-consuming affair, regardless of its success or failure.

L'Cie who fail irredeemably or entirely reject their Focus face a terrible fate: they become Cie'th. Vampires, Vetala, Chonchon, Raktavija -- all of these crystalline monsters were once human beings, bound to a task that they could not or did not wish to achieve, and their monstrous mutation into life-hating beasts of spite and hatred is their punishment for failure. The majority of these abominations eventually transform into Cie'th Stones, still longing to complete their goals but unable to do more than pass on the task to another. The Undying are an exception: they retain their Cie'th form by sheer force of will and unremitting rage.

Even those who fulfill their focus are not free to return to their previous lives. The so-called reward for completing a focus is not eternal life but eternal sleep, and a transformation that results in crystal stasis. It is as if the fal'Cie wish to keep their best servants for future ends, rather than let them return to the lives they once knew.

How are the two worlds connected?
For the most part, the game takes place inside the floating world of Cocoon. This futuristic realm boasts a capital, Eden, as well as many smaller towns such as Bodhum and Palumpolum, and nature reserves that are home to wild beasts. These locations are actually situated on the inner surface of a vast sphere: Cocoon is an enormous hollow shell, with its cities on the inside. Fal'Cie control the climate of the internal atmosphere and there is even an artificial sun (in the burning form of a fal'Cie, Phoenix) that floats in the center of the sphere, radiating heat and light to all inhabitants.

But it is only when Sazh steals a ship after the defeat of Cid Raines and crashes it on the surface of Gran Pulse, the huge planet below, that we see Cocoon for what it is: a satellite, an artificial moon, completely enclosed and suspended just a short distance above the vast steppes of the untamed lowerworld. The same AMP Technology that powers Lightning's anti-grav device also helps to hold Cocoon aloft and maintains its inner integrity. The green scar is the outer rim of the broken area of the Hanging Edge, where the game opens.

In the final battles, the heroes find themselves on neither Gran Pulse nor Cocoon. Orphan's Cradle sits in another dimension, a cyberspatial realm where the data that controls Cocoon's vital operating systems has been manifested as a physical space. The dimension was created as a secure housing for Cocoon's primary fal'Cie energy source, and this is why it can only be reached by warping through portals.

What is the grand scheme of Barthandelus?
Barthandelus is an architect among fal'Cie, an assigner of roles, who believes that the world has fallen into ruin since it was created. He also believes that the only way to put things right is to recall the Maker, and he intends to do this through an act of immolation; sacrifice on a grand scale.

And so begins an audacious plan. Cocoon is created; a place to nurture and support human life beyond the natural realm. In contrast to the ferocity and uncertainty of Gran Pulse, Cocoon is a paradise of needs met and desires served. With great ease, humans are drawn out of their ordinary place in the scheme of things to lead lives of pleasure and plenty on the new satellite.

Cocoon is a revealing choice of name. It is a protection, shielding its inhabitants, but also holding them tightly and maintaining them in a juvenile state of development while warding off all outside influences. The larva waits in its cocoon until its day of glory.

Barthandelus intends that rebirth to be a dramatic end to both, because the conclusion of the plan is to sacrifice all life on Cocoon. This is the terrible secret of the place that is home to so many, but the reasoning is brutally simple: with such a massive demonstration of death, the Maker must surely respond by returning to his creation.

Why did the people leave Gran Pulse for Cocoon?
The records of Gran Pulse report that there was discord and disarray on account of the actions of the lowerworld fal'Cie. Entrusted with the task of completing the Maker's wishes, the Pulsian fal'Cie had no qualms with issuing Focus after Focus and enlisting the human population as l'Cie in the pursuit of ever more obscure and unsympathetic goals.

By contrast, the population that was to grow and prosper on Cocoon saw few instances of its own fal'Cie needing to enlist humans as l'Cie.

What are the Analects?
Unlocked throughout the endgame, these scraps of wisdom are the teachings that were once passed down through generations of Gran Pulsians.

Study suggests that the fell demon Lindzei may well be the same entity as Barthandelus. Lindzei is credited with creating Cocoon and weaving lies to ensnare the creatures of Gran Pulse, leading them to a "paradise".

The Anelcts also make note of Fang and Vanille, describing them as the Chosen and revealing their task to be the burden of the Beast.

Just to confuse matters, the Maker is known to the inhabitants of the lowerworld as the god Pulse, and they name their world Gran Pulse in his honor.

Why doesn't Barthandelus destroy Cocoon himself?
Powerful as he may seem, Barthandelus is as limited in scope as any other fal'Cie. He must rely on l'Cie to discover the true extent of human potential. As the Analects put it, fal'Cie were made with the Maker's purpose but humans were made with pieces of the divine spirit. The power of a fal'Cie is fixed but humans may attain a much greater power if they pursue it.

Furthermore, Barthandelus simply does not have the power or the strength to achieve his plans directly. That is why he needs to trick others into doing his bidding, and why his plans are founded on lies and deceit. Another translation of the name Barthandelus is "Baldanders", a reference to a mythical creature of many shapes and guises, as would befit the fal'Cie who masquerades as Sanctum hierarch Galenth Dysley. He is a master of illusion, as he demonstrates to the party by imitating Serah and, in the final scenes, by trying to trick Fang into believing that her friends have already turned into Cie'th. It is said that he possesses a rukh familiar called Menrva (referencing the goddess Minerva, or Athena, whose symbol was an owl), but it is possible that this is his true form.

The player may even notice that boss battles with Barthandelus are not rewarded with CP, and that he seems to survive each defeat unscathed, indicating that the party has been fighting a phantom or illusory form each time rather than the real fal'Cie. The secret of Barthandelus is that he possesses no real power of his own, but relies on his ability to manipulate the minds of others. Among the people, he spreads fear and mistrust. His design for the heroes is to inspire despair and hatred, knowing that he can then provoke them into attacking what they hold dearest.

How did Fang and Vanille get from Gran Pulse to Cocoon?
500 years before the events of Final Fantasy XIII, a first attempt to wipe out the inhabitants of Cocoon had already been made. The agents involved were Fang and Vanille, residents of Oerba who had been conscripted as l'Cie. And though they did not succeed entirely, the damage they caused at the time has never been repaired. The sabotage they wrought created the area known as the Hanging Edge, in which the game opens, and when Cocoon is viewed from Gran Pulse then the wound to its outer rim -- and the constant rain of debris from the rift -- remain visible.

Though Fang and Vanille initially failed in their task to destroy the whole of Cocoon, they were placed in crystal stasis aboard the Bodhum Vestige.

Why is there an Ark hidden within the very heart of Cocoon?
Barthandelus constructed Cocoon with an ulterior motive from the start, and the inclusion of the Ark was intended as a means of preparing the l'Cie who would become Ragnarok. The Ark may well have originated on Gran Pulse but was probably transported to Cocoon by the same means as the Bodhum Vestige. Its placement was no accident, therefore, and it is the guiding hand of Barthandelus that forces the party's ship to crash into the Ark after penetrating Eden. His intention is to place them in a training ground, honing their skills and improving their prospect of becoming Ragnarok. And when the time comes, the Ark will unleash its weaponry on Cocoon to throw the residents into panic.

What is the truth behind the War of Transgression?
The events of the past are no longer easy to verify. Remnants of Pulsian warships and automata clearly indicate a history of conflict, but were they ever used against the people of Cocoon? Or were they defending the last human residents of Gran Pulse who stubbornly held out against fal'Cie relocation? What is certain is that the War of Transgression remains a powerful piece of propaganda, reinforced through popular media with events such as the Pompa Sancta held in Nautilus Park.

Scouring the lowerworld for answers, the heroes find that only beasts and Cie'th have survived on Gran Pulse. Back on Cocoon, however, the pretense that a Pulsian invasion remains a threat feeds the insecurity of the populous and enables the Sanctum to exert ever greater powers of control. This, too, is part of the fal'Cie's grand design: Barthandelus wishes to turn the people against the l'Cie and make terrorists of them. Rejected and despised, the l'Cie are more likely to embrace Ragnarok and lash out against the society they once wished to preserve.

If the heroes don't wish to destroy Cocoon, why attack Orphan?
The opening of the Ark and the ensuing rampage of Pulsian beasts continues the part of the plan that began with the Purge. The people will be led to believe that the war has broken out. Cocoon has been created as a gigantic sacrificial altar, in which all of the Sanctum fal'Cie have played their part, so the heroes face a dilemma. If they destroy Orphan, they will be playing into the hands of Barthandelus. But if they do nothing, people will still die and the fal'Cie will simply continue to pursue their deranged machinations. While Orphan continues to exist, humanity will never be free.

How do Fang and Vanille save Cocoon at the end?
Having undergone all of the tests and trials that Barthandelus placed in their path, the party is strong enough to carry out the final stage of his plan. If just one of them loses hope and becomes Ragnarok, they will have both the power and the furious desire to tear whole worlds apart. And this is exactly what Barthandelus intends.

But with the strength they find in each other, Fang and Vanille make their own choice. Deliberately, they take on the power to become the destroyer of worlds, but use that power in deciding their own fate.

With Orphan defeated and the whole of Cocoon now heading for destruction without its power source, Fang and Vanille assume the form of Ragnarok to dig roots deep into the rock of Gran Pulse. They may be completing the Focus they were set 500 years ago, but they are now wise to the manipulation of their masters. Creating a massive bridge of matter between the two worlds, they embrace their fate and turn to crystal -- and so save the people of Cocoon, supporting the imperiled globe on the crystalline pillar created by their eternal sleep.

What does the future hold?
As prophesied, a sacrifice has been made, but not the one that the fal'Cie intended. Instead of recalling the Maker from his distant retreat, this sacrifice ushers in a new age of free will for humanity. The residents of Cocoon are seen evacuating to the surface of Gran Pulse, disembarking from their craft to find a world without fal'Cie to pamper them and tend to their every need. It may be a tougher life ahead for the survivors, but it will be their own. Neither gods nor fal'Cie will determine their fate from this point.

With their Focus completed by their friends, and a destiny willingly borne, the other heroes are released from their own crystal sleep to find their brands have disappeared.

The power of the fal'Cie has also faded with the destruction of Cocoon's energy source. Other humans can no longer be held in crystal stasis by conditions which have ceased to apply, and so they too lose their brands. Dajh and Serah are just two of the l'Cie freed by Fang and Vanille's sacrifice. The game ends with the worlds once again rejoined by a physical and emotional bond of friendship.

And, if you hadn't noticed, the final scenes reveal the true meaning of Yoshitaka Amano's FINAL FANTASY XIII logo: an image that has been staring at you from the game's title screen in every playing session. It is the world of Cocoon, safely clasped in the coils of the crystal beast that sprung from the will of Fang and Vanille.
-------------------

Last edited:

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
I'm now up to Augusta Tower... ughhh that place is dreadful...

All you do is just move around house like rooms in hopes to solve a puzzle, to fix the broken lift.

/ shoots whoever thought this part up with a gun

-`Д´-

Still no interesting monsters around to collect eithers. Le sigh. ┰ω┰

Lex

Administrator
I don't think I've seen the rest of that interview. I'd love to know more, though I wouldn't think to ask you to type up all of what is, undoubtedly, a lot of shit.

I'd be grateful for even just some highlights.

Scanning them now. Will post here when they are done. ^_^.

EDIT: Instead of double posting, I'll just post them all in this post. I don't think anyone's had time to click "new posts" and read this anyway, I'm not sure if editing a post updates the thread at all.

The scans are large so that the text can be read. Click to expand below.

NOTE: They're all on the left pages because the right pages have artwork on them (no text). I don't have time to scan all 18 pages at the mo, so I've just done the interview ones. If anyone wants to see the artwork scans let me know and I'll scan and upload them later.

These pages are exclusive to the Collector's Edition guide.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
[
8.jpg

There you go folks, that's the full interview for those that don't have the collector's guide ^_^.

EDIT 2: Since photobucket is totally shit and those are barely legible, here is a link to the original files I scanned in, much better quality and easy to read when you zoom in. I don't know why they decided to reduce the quality when I uploaded. I've compressed the 8 files in a WinRAR archive so just unRAR and peruse.

Interview.rar

Last edited:

Lumina

a pokémon.
AKA
Bayleef, Jessica
Finished all the Cryptics fragments and Quizzes on Academia. Now I'm trying to get Amodar's Crystal (Or Light's, whichever comes first.)

I must say, from the fragments I gathered in Academia I thought it was really cute when they mentioned Elida. She was really cute on the novels.

Lex

Administrator
ffxiii2_Serah_beachwear.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Downloadable outfit coming soon.

Also, Sazh DLC.

Source.

EDIT: Why are SQEX obsessed with the super high visible thong thing? Looks like Rikku's costume from X-2. Cameltoe must be ouch sistaz.

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
I killed Caius. :3 Now I can actually get to completing the game. Granted, I did horribly. Not even one star for the 3 Bahamut fight. BUT I FUCKING SURVIVED THAT MASSACRE WITH A SEMI WEAK PARTY SO SHUTUP.

I only have about 77 fragments right now. But that shall change. >D

wtf was that? wtf? That has got to be the worst FF ending ever. YOU CAN'T END SHIT LIKE THIS. I feel like the whole game was for nothing! You don't save Fang and Vanille, you don't save Lightning, Serah is dead, Caius is dead, Yuel is dead, the goddess is dead and the new cocoon is destroyed so I'm assuming everyone on it is also dead.

WTF. EVERYTHING I DID WAS FOR NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. I feel so...trolled. The only thing is Hope, Noel and Sazh are still breathing. Or at least, you don't see them die.

It said to be continued though so...I expect that shit won't go down like that. I don't care if it's a sequel or a DLC or whatever the fuck it will be. Just give me something to show that the ending was a total lie! WAI SE? WAI?

:sigh:

Still, I like the game. It's fun. And there's a bunch of extra crap I need to do. And I still wanna max out Noel and Serah and kick Caius' ass to get my perfect five stars. :3 I just...really don't want to wait for the continuation because knowing SE, they'll take centuries with it. AND I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW. >.<

Lex

Administrator
To be fair, you did save Fang and Vanille. From being crushed by the pillar. Although I agree with your words.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Caius isn't dead. He was still perfectly fine in the secret ending, and he implied that Yuel was as well. Besides, Valhalla by its very nature is without either life or death. The normal rules don't apply, so its a reasonal bet that when he next entry comes around the people you think are dead, won't be.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
About the ending, even though I haven't completed the game yet, I looked it up on youtube and have been confused/ lost since.
It says To be continued, and not The End, so there's still hope that all the plot holes are going to be fixed.

Yeah, as Caius Ballad said Caius is still alive. As found out in the secret ending.

I think the true ending is going to be "everybody smiling " like the future Yeul saw at the top of the Augusta Tower, before she died.

So guessing that is the ending that SE promised us. about Lightning smiling is their true planned ending. Either done by DLC or XIII-3. Just a theory though, Yeul could of just happened to see a happy future that Noel and Serah either destory's by twisting the timelines, or timeline just happened to changed via fate.

Though, it shouldn't be the end to FF XIII, not yet. Hopefully there will be a new game with Hope and Noel as the leads, that would be awesome. c:

As long as SE doesn't start milking the cow and give us a FF XIII- 4, 5, and 6 everything should be fine. * hopefully * xD

Top Bottom