Final Fantasy XIII-2

Ghost X

They're going all resident evil with the button combination attacks, I see (ie: lost the plot). I think I'd be more interested in a novel version of this game, one that I can read and not play or see.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
NoelKreiss.png

Does FFXIII/XIII-2 have the worst art-direction in the series?

I'd say so.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Does FFXIII/XIII-2 have the worst art-direction in the series?

I'd say so.

Well when you have one person designing the head and other people designing the rest of him, what do you expect? :awesome:

I actually liked/didn't mind a lot of the designs in XIII, but the odd thing here or there made me wince.

Noel's sword is easily the worst, though.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Tactically speaking this sword of Noel's doesn't seem to be quite effective against gigantic beasts and other monstrosities. So my main question is, will he be able to put up against the strongest motherfuckers out there in fantasy land or am I to switch him with someone better? Because that sword ... REALLY doesn't look like its gonna kick that much ass :B

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Interesting in that not only did Cocoon fal'cie control the weather, but that humans could tell it what kind of weather they wanted or needed.

What happened to the Cocoon fal'cie at the end anyway? Were they wiped out? Obviously Barthandelus and Orphan are dead, but they said there were an estimated 8,000,000 fal'cie operating Cocoon, iirc.

Also thanks for the article. Interesting indeed. If this game turned out to be good, I don't think Mako will know what to do with himself.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'm extremely pleased with everything that article says - and I definitely agree that I hope the 'cinematic action' won't be overused in boss fights. XIIIs combat was often nice and challenging, and too many QTEs would subtract from that.

What happened to the Cocoon fal'cie at the end anyway? Were they wiped out? Obviously Barthandelus and Orphan are dead, but they said there were an estimated 8,000,000 fal'cie operating Cocoon, iirc.

IIRC all the fal'Cie have been wiped out.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Multiple endings, huh?

I wonder if it's going to be true multiple endings as opposed to X-2 which basically just added a post-credits scene or two or changed one scene during the ending.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
multiple endings confirmed

I don't know how this makes me feel.

Kitase went on to say that he was disappointed in the approach and lack of DLC for XIII and stated that there will be much more content coming to XIII-2.

Pleased. Of course if it's stupid crap that costs a lot of money, then it doesn't really mean much.

Speaking about XIII Versus, XIII-2 hasn't halted development on it at all and it’s still very much in development at the studio.

Shut up. I don't even want to hear "Versus" unless the words "is complete" come after it. Seriously.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
New Game+ is a feature that needs to never die.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So they rebuilt Bodhum on Pulse I see? Guess there's some justice in that, considering Sanctum wanted to exile the entire city to Pulse.

they did say depending on how well you do during the live scenes and stuff, it changes things later in the story. so you could do multiple playthroughs

...that sounds like they might finally be taking a page out of the books of some of their western contemporaries... Perhaps? :D

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
We can only hope

hopestare-1.png

I'm both excited about this multiple ending business and slightly leery that they're going to somehow make it retarded.

Also, I can't believe I somehow missed this before - Lightning fighting Bahamut is DEFINITE FANG EVIDENCE FUCK YES.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
5 Years? I'm impressed. So is THAT enough time for people to accept that maybe Serah's learned a bit about swordsmanship living on Pulse for 5 years?

That also makes Lightning, what, 26? That's damn old for an FF protaganist, I likey. :monster:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
That also makes Lightning, what, 26? That's damn old for an FF protaganist, I likey. :monster:

Actually, I've been vaguely wondering if perhaps she won't have aged at all during her time spent in this Invisible World, a la crystal stasis style.

I mean she sure looks exactly the same, not counting the wardrobe change, but then again so does everyone else...

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well, someone not looking all that different from 21 to 26 is a little reasonable. Serah looking the same from 18 to 23 is bit more surprising, I think.

But, yes, it's entirely possible that could say Lightning hasn't aged, they love that plot point after all. Though it would mean that Serah's now older than Lightning...:huh:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
5 Years? I'm impressed. So is THAT enough time for people to accept that maybe Serah's learned a bit about swordsmanship living on Pulse for 5 years?

Whether it is possible wasn't really my problem with, but let's not start again.

And Cloud is gonna be that old in the last FFVII compilation game isn't he?

Well, someone not looking all that different from 21 to 26 is a little reasonable. Serah looking the same from 18 to 23 is bit more surprising, I think.

But, yes, it's entirely possible that could say Lightning hasn't aged, they love that plot point after all. Though it would mean that Serah's now older than Lightning...:huh:

Well both of them have only gotten bigger in butt and boob size so, doesn't really matter.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Which is good, because as much as I love Lightning I did kind of want to feed her a burger. :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And Cloud is gonna be that old in the last FFVII compilation game isn't he?

I dunno. What was he in Dirge? 24? So if they do the standard 2 year thing, yeah. Though if Genesis is gonna do something after unsealing himself, I don't think it would take him 2 years to do so.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I dunno. What was he in Dirge? 24? So if they do the standard 2 year thing, yeah. Though if Genesis is gonna do something after unsealing himself, I don't think it would take him 2 years to do so.

Well it's gotta be sometime after Denzel's meeting with Reeve which was sometime after Dirge. I'm sure SE will round that up to two years.

Top Bottom