Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ditto the Shaz stuff. He may be loud and like to go, "WTF IS THIS?!" a lot but if he was a coward he'd probably run away instead of fighting. Also how he tried to comfort that little boy and then the chicken popped out is just adorable. ^_^

Oh I hope this demo comes to the US at some point. I really want to try it out for myself. In English.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
But it's so tiny and it flies. :/

Okay granted chickens don't fly either. But still. Chocobos are huge.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's been confirmed several times its a baby Chocobo. And certain breeds Chocobos do fly :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
XD You know I had that thought! I hope he potty trained it.

And how long will a chocobo stay that tiny, anyway? lol

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think you're thinking about this way too fucking much :monster:

It's a baby chocobo that lives in his hair. Apparently Chocobos in FFXIII's world are tiny and then blow up.

....And stop thinking about chocobo shit you weirdo.

With chocobos anything can happen; even incest, as proven by FFVII :monster: *disgusted*

I'm liking so far what I've seen of the demo, although I'd like to see a more complex battle going on. Just to get a feel of what awaits later on.

Last edited:

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
I played the demo a while ago. Nice Game Over screen. :wacky:

I like the battle system so far, graphics are awesome, Lightning is extremely cool, Sahz is kind of funny, Chocobaby is full of win, Vanille is Liquid Ocelot in disguise, Snow is sexeh, don't really care about the rest. That is all! :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Also, I'm sorry to report, Sazh is every bit the goofy stereotype. Cowardly and complaining too.

LOL I KNEW IT.

THANK YOU FORCESTEALER.

and chocobos are basically the master chicken race :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
He's goofy but from what I saw in the vids of the demo I wouldn't call him a coward. He's just loud and very willing to express his inner feelings. I'm sure Lighting was probably thinking, "Oh shit this isn't good!" as well but she just didn't express it. :)

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
To be honest, Sazh just isn't a hardass like Lightning, which hardly makes him a coward. Not everyone can be as stoic and badass as her. Perspective people :monster:

And from what I've seen, he's not really stupid. That is, until he touched Lightning like that. But apparently he's not the only one she does that to :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I'll take the word of someone who's actually played it over you any day kid.

Hawkeye.

Hero of the Ages says Shabz.
final-fantasy-xiii-20090304110031003_640w.jpg

I find myself reminded of Xena: Warrior Princess. It's gonna be Xena & Gabriel all over again.:monster:

However, how would people react if Final Fantasy XIII dared to go there? How would it affect the series future?

I'm afraid it would hurt the narrative. How do you make such a thing more than just fanservice for the boys? I don't think you can. Final Fantasy should keep a low profile with all kinds of love relationships, like they've done so far. Love is, usually, not the main drive of any Final Fantasy story.

That said, I still hope they show the soft side of Lightning in contrast to her overpowered military self.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
XIII's crowd would be divided into two groups.. horny lesbians and guys.. and feminist girl gamers. =/

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Final Fantasy should keep a low profile with all kinds of love relationships, like they've done so far. Love is, usually, not the main drive of any Final Fantasy story.

VIII, IX, and X all spring to mind suddenly...

That said, I still hope they show the soft side of Lightning in contrast to her overpowered military self.

Ditto that. I hope they don't make her too hard core. I mean, if she's supposed to be the female version of Cloud then they should. I mean, Cloud has a soft side and all. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
final-fantasy-xiii-20090304110031003_640w.jpg

I find myself reminded of Xena: Warrior Princess. It's gonna be Xena & Gabriel all over again.:monster:

However, how would people react if Final Fantasy XIII dared to go there? How would it affect the series future?

If that were to happen, I totally called it :wacky:

and hopefully Sahz doesn't remain in the stereotype comic-relief role through the whole game. IMO that'd be pretty stupid on SE's part. I mean, Barret in FFVII was sort of a stereotype on the surface, but his backstory, and his relationship with Marlene etc. totally overshadowed that. Not saying that it's still right to even give him these sort of characteristics in the first place, but I'll still reserve proper judgement until the full game comes out. :bmonster:

and if Lightning were to remain the stioc, cool military leader through the whole game... that would be incredibley boring and cliche =\

Hawkeye.

I'm afraid it would hurt the narrative. How do you make such a thing more than just fanservice for the boys?
Character development, knowing the value of subtlety, & just avoiding a make out &/or sex scene altogether. That or just avoid that scene until the very end of the game like VIII did.

Just don't do what X did. That was overkill.:wacky:

EDIT: Egads, that was a flurry of comments suddenly.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If a lesbian relationship were to be portrayed so long as it was portrayed with taste and class it could work. If we were shone an all out sex scene well then that would be for the sake of phanboi fappiness (c wut i did thar?).

Character development, knowing the value of subtlety, & just avoiding a make out &/or sex scene altogether. That or just avoid that scene until the very end of the game like VIII did.

Just don't do what X did. That was overkill.:wacky:

EDIT: Egads, that was a flurry of comments suddenly.

Saying "lesbianism" in a forum filled with deprived Final Fantasy nerds is like throwing meat to the hungry lions.
But I think this discussion should be postponed until actual confirmation of such themes in the game.

Hawkeye.

Saying "lesbianism" in a forum filled with deprived Final Fantasy nerds is like throwing meat to the hungry lions.
But I think this discussion should be postponed until actual confirmation of such themes in the game.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I doubt it'll actually be in the game. I was simply wondering about that 5% chance that S-E actually does it & how it would be handled. hypothetical fan stuff. Non-canon.

phanboi fappiness (c wut i did thar?)
Brilliant moment is brilliant.

Top Bottom