• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well it does now because people already bought the game, told something like this wouldn't happen. They're not gonna buy it again, so they miss out on extra content.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah I get that, but it seems less that they're mad at that, and more mad that it isn't an exclusive in general and that it's coming out on the 360.

Also I don't quite understand the statement from the guy who said 'he's canceling all of his preorders'

I hope he didn't mean FF13.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Honestly, it actually makes me feel a little better that the Japanese are every bit the pricks on the internet that the rest of us are. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
To be honest, the only exciting thing about FFXIII INT is the bonus book. It's nice for Japanese fans who only have an XBox and all. But if you don't care about having English voices (which you can't even change to the Japanese voices), all you have is an easier mode for the game. There's no new enemies, no new story, no new dungeons, no new gameplay systems. Unless you're dying to find out what Lightning would sound like as an American, then the bonus booklet only available with the initial batch of the game is the most interesting thing for people who've already played it and would want more.

And they're releasing another Ultimania soon. Why not just put this shit in there, so people who don't have an XBox or don't want to get the same game only easier and English can see this stuff? That way everyone gets to see it, and for a quarter of the price of buying the game.

Death threats are always stupid, though.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wonder why people always feel the need to make death threats.

I'd threaten Wada to piss into his shoes when he isn't looking but death is a bit harsh imo. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I don't understand it. They almost never (fortunately) intend upon acting on the threat, so why make it?

But as I said, if they cause Wada to step down, it will have been worth it :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 5-starred all the missions! lol

That last one is hard enough to win much less get 5 stars, but man is that battle intense once you start doing well. He falls below 30% health and his speed skyrockets, its crazy.

I know none of you care, but I'm still on the adrenaline rush :ultros:

Splintered

unsavory tart
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 5-starred all the missions! lol

That last one is hard enough to win much less get 5 stars, but man is that battle intense once you start doing well. He falls below 30% health and his speed skyrockets, its crazy.

I know none of you care, but I'm still on the adrenaline rush :ultros:
Is it the guy who heals himself every few minutes? That was an awesome battle, but I cheesed my way through it by poisoning him. That said I still died a few times because he goes supersaiyan or something later on.

I love the battlesystem when you're fighting the harder battles. I need to go back and five star all the missions though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah that guy. And I cheesed my way through it the first time to win the battle. But to 5-star it you have to fight it for real and it is intense.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I was trying to get 5 stars while levelling up (since it gets boring just killing the same things over and over), but it wasn't going too well :monster: Those double headed dragon things kept screwing me over, though. I wish there weren't like, 3-4 missions involving killing the same bloody monster.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That Zirnitra guy? Yeah he's an asshole. That was one (well two) of the missions I had to 5-star yesterday.

5-starring does get easier once you beat the last mission because you get the Gold Watch, which doubles the target-time needed for 5 stars.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Yeah, that's the guy. Though I didn't know about that accessory, so I think I'll try to get that first. I'm fine fighting it, it's just it takes a while to kill it off so I could do with the double time thing.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I actually can beat Shaolong gui's easier than the big guys, as long as I keep up the tempo. Actually, I don't think I've actually defeated the big guys yet, I stopped playing before I could figure out what to do.

But Bay pissed me off so much I refused to farm those assholes. I raged everytime they did it. Super Ribbon is such a waste of time, it barely does shit because he does it so often, just like every other enemy.

However, imo Zirnitra's are the hands down, worst guys to fight, not necessarily the hardest but they're no fucking fun. Compared to something, like, Mission 62,which was a huge pain in the ass, but it was a fun pain in the ass. After I got over my initial, dying in two seconds phase and realized I had to pour all my upgrades into magic defense, it became my favorite fight.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Huzzah! Finally Platinum'd it! That Treasure Hunter is a pain in the ass. Its funny how easy getting 5-stars on the final battle is when you're maxed out. It takes like 40 seconds.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Huzzah! Finally Platinum'd it! That Treasure Hunter is a pain in the ass. Its funny how easy getting 5-stars on the final battle is when you're maxed out. It takes like 40 seconds.

:awesome: Gratz sir.

I'm not too concerned with getting the platinum trophy, I just want to do whatever achievement it is that gets me the Fang wallpaper. Or Lightning's. Or both.

Really, the reward for the platinum should be a Napoleon wallpaper.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Better version of the Fabula Nova Crystsallis (Agito & Versus) trailers. Dunno if this is better in the Spoiler thread or not.

X :neo:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
EPIC Thread Revival. I do not have a PS3/Xbox and as such can only watch YouTubes of this game, and so I finally am.

Uh... so aside from the parallels to VII, I'm finding the in medias res thing a little overwhelming. Like I've been watching for about half an hour and aside from sussing out that girl-Cloud's ex-employer was going to 'purge' the people on the train (I assume the Nazi way) I have no idea what's happening. How does girl-Cloud know skinny-Barret? Why was there suddenly a firefight happening in the city -- were those the people inside the back car of the train? Because there was no transition between the crashing car and the firefight. Are there rebels inside the robot-city that I don't know about? Or did the passengers find guns and immediately start a battle? Now that girl-Cloud has freed the doomed, where is she going? What's the mission objective?

I heard there was supplementary reading required to fully understand the plot. That's fine with me, I like reading, but how do I get my hands on that material? Wiki would probably have spoilers galore (as I think this thread probably does too). Should I know more than I do at this point? Is the game going to eventually tell me?

Edit: Blonde-coat seems to be leading a rag-tag resistance faction that fails to charm me. They are trying to save the trainlings from being sent to Pulse (Pulse, then, is the governments euphemism for a gas chamber?). Their overarching goal is to bring down SANCTUM (Shinra) and their PSICOM forces. Girl-Cloud, I assume, is in cahoots with the resistance, but she's really after the "Pulse Fal'Cie." The city they are in is called Cocoon, and it seems isolated from the outside world (hence the train portal) but how is there a resistance faction in a city that has no buildings/alleys/cover and has lots of deathbots? Am I getting any of this right?
http://mr-ite.livejournal.com/679104.html

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
FFXIII uses a lot of back-and-forth with its narration timeline, so don't expect to get answers to a lot of your plot and character questions until farther in.

I heard there was supplementary reading required to fully understand the plot. That's fine with me, I like reading, but how do I get my hands on that material? Wiki would probably have spoilers galore (as I think this thread probably does too). Should I know more than I do at this point? Is the game going to eventually tell me?
There's the Datalog in game that fleshes out a lot of the backstory, without which you'll find yourself struggling to understand how all the different factions and lore and history ties together. The datalog only filled in as you advanced through the story, so if you go looking for at the complete version on a wiki then yeah, you'll probably get a lot of spoilers. The game will eventually tell you, but unfortunately FFXIII's biggest problem is it doesn't tell you very well, which is why that datalog is so important to really get into the story.

Edit: Blonde-coat seems to be leading a rag-tag resistance faction that fails to charm me. They are trying to save the trainlings from being sent to Pulse (Pulse, then, is the governments euphemism for a gas chamber?). Their overarching goal is to bring down SANCTUM (Shinra) and their PSICOM forces. Girl-Cloud, I assume, is in cahoots with the resistance, but she's really after the "Pulse Fal'Cie." The city they are in is called Cocoon, and it seems isolated from the outside world (hence the train portal) but how is there a resistance faction in a city that has no buildings/alleys/cover and has lots of deathbots? Am I getting any of this right?
This is all correct. Including the ridiculousness of a bunch of ragtag kids standing up to a trained military force. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How does girl-Cloud know skinny-Barret?

You may have figured this out by now, but she doesn't. They were just stuck on the purge train together.

Also, its unfortunate that this will be your only exposure to the game, given that the combat system is far and away its best quality. Just gleaning what I know about you from what you have said of other FF games, I feel like after just watching the story you'll never play the game even if you do come across a PS360.
The battle system is probably my second favorite in the series after X-2's and its mostly what kept me going. Also, as I've said before, I think the WORLD is very very cool. The actual story less so.

Top Bottom