Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It's probably more straight-forward this time. Like the game's maps. :monster:
There probably won't be any maps in an Omega :awesome:

[/geek]

Barring any kind of 'gameplay challenge' being included then there'll be none of that stuff in there, since it would have all been taken care of by the Scenario and Battle books.

Still, while not the shortest Ultimania ever, it does seem to be the shortest Omega released so far.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
FUCKING BENNY. WHY THE HELL IS HE EVEN WRITING THIS STORY?

IT'S NOT EVEN GONNA BE FUCKING CANON. AND DON'T YOU ASSHOLES FORGET IT.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I thought you said if Benny wrote something and nothing released later contradicted his writing, it was fine to count it? Which of your statements, Mako dear, is canon? :awesome:

And, yeah, this is totally the shortest Ultimania Omega yet. Not really that surprising, though, is it?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
will lightenings heart be breaking like an egg?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I thought you said if Benny wrote something and nothing released later contradicted his writing, it was fine to count it? Which of your statements, Mako dear, is canon? :awesome:

And, yeah, this is totally the shortest Ultimania Omega yet. Not really that surprising, though, is it?

Clearly the most recent words from the creator is canon, and since I'm the creator of my own words, the last thing I say is canon. :wackymonster:

BENNY ISN'T CANON. Anything he writes is WRONG. The story will probably be filled with wrong information like how Serah met Snow at 12 and she first fell in love with his smile while he was a SOLDIER.

@Phoenix Wright

Probably!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
To be fair, Benny wasn't "wrong" with Maiden until the Compilation came along. :monster:

And even then, it's arguable that he isn't now. :awesome: Can we do that debate again, please? :awesome:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Hurrah! I finally took out all the Cie'th missions! That last one's a bitch :P I tried numerous times of a more legitimate way but ending up poisoning him and tanking. (Which still seems less cheap when you do that same thing in Gestalt mode so you can't even be attacked back)

Now I just gotta take on a Long Gui and I'll be done :monster:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I'm still playing!
Got 33/35 achievements, still trying to get 5 stars on all missions and the treasure hunter achievement.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Another story? *sigh* This means I'll have to wait yet again for some kind soul to translate it -_____-

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I'm still playing!
Got 33/35 achievements, still trying to get 5 stars on all missions and the treasure hunter achievement.

Same here, damn treasure hunter. This game makes getting gil such a pain in the ass.

And I am usually not anything resembling a completionist, and almost never give a crap about trophies or whatever. But I like the battle system dammit. I like the higher level strategery. What surprises myself is that I never even did this with VII, I never bothered to beat Ruby...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I want some kind of bonus for Versus at least, then :sadpanda:

To add something useful, Japan's getting the XBox version now, as "FFXIII Ultimate Hits International" on 16th December (same release date as the original PS3 one?). Ultimate Hits means it won't be full price again (which they should do with all these rereleases, really). English voices and Japanese subtitles, and the only addition to the game seems to be that they added an easy mode to it.

But as a limited edition bonus it comes with a booklet called "FINAL FANTASY XIII -dorrider-". It includeds unreleased scenes that were cut from the game, and a short story set after the game.

So someone better scan that fucking book :sadpanda:

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Ugh, console shit.

There's stuff that Wada deserves death threats for, this isn't it. Besides, the 360 port's garbage, why should fanboys care?

Now, of course he doesn't deserve death threats at all :monster:. But the fact they he gets crap for this and not...you know, every other decision he's ever made is stupid. Maybe there will be a silver lining though, maybe the death threats will make him resign.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Considering the X-Box 360 version will be cheaper, have added content, and a super special edition book and story, yeah. They do have reason to be pissed. Especially when they fucking said point blank, that PS3 fans wouldn't have to worry about this shit ever happening, and it'd be safe for them to pay a over 80 dollars for a fucking PS3 game.

Yes. The rage is VERY well deserved. S-E just punked their PS3 fans. ROFL.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Apologies, I didn't read it well enough to know it had extra stuff. I just thought it was cheaper. I agree then.

Interesting that Square has "screwed" the PS3 fans twice at this point. Obviously the first thing was due to money from Microsoft? Was this? Or was it just something fleece the flock some more?

Anyway, fire Wada. I felt that way long before this.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Whilst such threats can be dismissed as the standard ravings of Square Enix’s increasingly desperate fanbase

sad but true

Especially when they fucking said point blank, that PS3 fans wouldn't have to worry about this shit ever happening, and it'd be safe for them to pay a over 80 dollars for a fucking PS3 game.

While the 360 version getting extra shit that the PS3 version didn't get is certainly infuriating, I never understood this console loyalty business. What difference does it make to a person who gets what on what console?

Top Bottom