Final Fantasy XIII Non-Spoiler Thread

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Wow.

I wonder how many characters we'll be able to play as. I know I've seen screenshots of play as Lightning and Snow.

Last edited:

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Just to inform, the latest PSN magazine (bright bubble-gum pink cover) has a sort-of extensive article on Final Fantasy XIII. :)

... Not regarding Versus though.

Posted in case no one knew, and I didn't see such news in the past few posts.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm not saying five XII's battle system to XIII, mind you, just that it would be fun to switch party leaders in battle on the fly like in XII. :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
GRRRRR I meant give, not five, GIVE!!!! I didn't mean that they should GIVE XII's battle system to XIII, just that we should be able to switch party leaders in battle on the fly like in XII!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
GRRRRR I meant give, not five, GIVE!!!! I didn't mean that they should GIVE XII's battle system to XIII, just that we should be able to switch party leaders in battle on the fly like in XII!

I don't think we'll be able to do this. I think you should five up hope. :wacky:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
See why multiplatforming is fail for PS3 games? I fucking hate you S-E. You dumb bastard. Why the hell did you do this?

Although its also Sony's fault for being a stupid tit and not dropping the price of their damn PS3 as well. Fucking developers don't feel safe making PS3 exclusives anymore.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
See why multiplatforming is fail for PS3 games? I fucking hate you S-E. You dumb bastard. Why the hell did you do this?

Although its also Sony's fault for being a stupid tit and not dropping the price of their damn PS3 as well. Fucking developers don't feel safe making PS3 exclusives anymore.

No, no one feels comfortable making exclusives period. Most exclusives these days are moneyhatted.

That said there's still quite a few exclusives on the Ps3 that are quality titles that have sold tremendously well, and many more coming. Don't blame Sony for SE's business practices.

The drop in quality might have something to do with the PS3's shit memory capabilities too.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, no one feels comfortable making exclusives period. Most exclusives these days are moneyhatted.

True, but you don't see this shit with developers for the Wii cause they know the Wii's cheap, not hard to develop for, and easy to make a return on.

But with X-Box 360, developers keep using that as a "back up" in case the PS3 somehow doesn't return the profits they want, and developers have been whining about the price and how they don't like developing for it and yada yada yada. Clearly Sony's PS3 price is biting them in the ass.

That said there's still quite a few exclusives on the Ps3 that are quality titles that have sold tremendously well, and many more coming. Don't blame Sony for SE's business practices.

That's true, but a disturbing trend has shown up with more and more developers losing faith in PS3 exclusivity. At least with Arkham Asylum, they gave the PS3 owners something special to give buyers an incentive to go for the PS3 version. But yeah, what if this shit continues?

The drop in quality might have something to do with the PS3's shit memory capabilities too.

Didn't know about that at all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
True, but you don't see this shit with developers for the Wii cause they know the Wii's cheap, not hard to develop for, and easy to make a return on.

Well duh, but a lot of developers are neglecting the WII because of it's limits.

But with X-Box 360, developers keep using that as a "back up" in case the PS3 somehow doesn't return the profits they want, and developers have been whining about the price and how they don't like developing for it and yada yada yada. Clearly Sony's PS3 price is biting them in the ass.

Um....That's wrong. They're not using it as a "back up" developing for the 360 is easy and cheaper than on the PS3, due to the console's architecture being much like that of a PC, as opposed to the Cell. Not to mention the console was out for more than a year before the PS3, which gave them a leg up on learning how to optimize it, not to mention a bigger install base. No, the 360 is simply the more profitable of the two at the time, but with the PS3 selling more and more, and developers sharing knowledge of the the structure of the console and it's inner workings, it's become much, much more profitable to develop for both.

It's common sense. You reach more consumers by developing for both platforms, and you recoup much more than the loss garnered by developing a next gen game. Sony's price may have something to do with it, but if you think that's all it is, then you're fooling yourself. EA themselves have stated that it's just more profitable to work on both platforms than just one. They've had that policy from the start, and they've done well for it.

SE just wants to get in on that action, and they will by reaching a much large audience with FF13. That's all it is. I doubt they think "OH SONY YOUR PRICE IS SO HIGH GET YOUR SHIT AND GTFO". They just want more money.

That's true, but a disturbing trend has shown up with more and more developers losing faith in PS3 exclusivity. At least with Arkham Asylum, they gave the PS3 owners something special to give buyers an incentive to go for the PS3 version. But yeah, what if this shit continues?
No.....it's got nothing to do with losing faith in PS3 exclusivity. It's very, very expensive to develop for games this generation. Developing games for multiple consoles is the safe way to go. It's not PS3 exclusivity, it's exclusivity in general. Many Xbox 360 "exclusives" wound up being ported to the PS3 so developers could make more money, and even more are being considered.

It's not just Sony's price(which I add hasn't stopped millions from adopting the console, buying a shitload of games, and new people buying them every month) that's holding developers back. Shit's just too expensive.

Didn't know about that at all.
Yeah, the PS3 doesn't have as much memory as the 360, which makes things a bit difficult for a lot of developers. But a lot of folks are learning how to optimize the CELL for texture streaming in conjunction with the HDD. SE is probably a bit behind the curve when it comes to PS3 development, given what some of the western developers have come up with.

And no, the 360 isn't holding anything back, the console has put out games that are just as technically impressive(some upcoming that are even moreso), and a lot that run better on it than PS3. Many developers have expressed that they think both consoles are equal in power and capability.

The only thing holding back the visuals are the limits of the talents of the developers.

Top Bottom