Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Some more stuff I've learnt from browsing the Scenario Ultimania:

- Vanille's boobs jiggle in two shots out of the 6 hours of cutscenes in the game.
- Nomura took it on himself to decide that (male?) members of Sanctum have the sides of their heads shaved. Cid just has his hair covering over it.
- Lightning's real name was going to be 'Averia', with Eclair being used during the auditions so people wouldn't find out her real name.
- In the story, Fang was originally the only one Fal'Cei Anima made into a L'Cei. Vanille steps in and tries to protect her, which Anima accepts under the condition that Vanille become a L'Cei as well.
- The Fal'Cei continuing to turn people into L'Cei contributed to humans disappearing from Pulse.
- Crystal shapes for each character:
-- Lightning: rose
-- Snow: icy heart
-- Sazh: feather
-- Vanille: an apple
-- Hope: takes after a 'ray of hope'
-- Fang: a butterfly, or flower

Vendel

Banned
Some more stuff I've learnt from browsing the Scenario Ultimania:

- Vanille's boobs jiggle in two shots out of the 6 hours of cutscenes in the game.

Wait...what? They put that in a book?

- In the story, Fang was originally the only one Fal'Cei Anima made into a L'Cei. Vanille steps in and tries to protect her, which Anima accepts under the condition that Vanille become a L'Cei as well.

:awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It was some guy's secret about the game, it's only like 2 sentences about it in his profile. But he worked all night to add that in :awesome:

The sky in the opening is also modelled on a photo the view of the sky from the toilet in the Square Enix building, and this song was made because some of the staff were fans of the band Perfume and asked the composer to make a song in that style:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
...my thoughts exactly.
hito said:
The sky in the opening is also modelled on a photo the view of the sky from the toilet in the Square Enix building
...wat

- Crystal shapes for each character:
-- Lightning: rose
-- Snow: icy heart
-- Sazh: feather
-- Vanille: an apple
-- Hope: takes after a 'ray of hope'
-- Fang: a butterfly, or flower
What does this mean? Like... the shapes that they take when they are crystals or...? I do not recall Vanille looking very apple-like. MAYBE I AM JUST DUMB?

Also, is there any traditional art in the book? :awesome: Thanks for all of this information, hito! I am so geeky over stuff like this. ;o;

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I demand a game-wide search for those two shots GOGOGO.

What does this mean? Like... the shapes that they take when they are crystals or...? I do not recall Vanille looking very apple-like. MAYBE I AM JUST DUMB?
Their summon/Crystalism crystals. I can't seem to find a good picture of them online. And by online, I mean on FFWiki since I cba search further than that.

Also, is there any traditional art in the book? :awesome: Thanks for all of this information, hito! I am so geeky over stuff like this. ;o;
- Dahj Katzroy
- Nora Estheim
- Bartholomew Estheim
- Gadot
- Lebreau
- Maqui
- Yuj
- Yaag Rosch
- Jihl Nabaat
- Rygdea
- Amodar
- Nomura's sketch of Galenth

- Cocoon
- Gran Pulse
- L'Cei mark (Cocoon and Pulse) progression
- Hanged Edge
- Pulse Vestige
- Bodhum
- Lake Bilge
- Vile Peaks
- The Gapra Whitewood
- The Sunleth Waterscape
- Euride Gorge
- Palumpolum
- Nautilus
- Fifth Ark
- Eden
- Vallis Media
- Padora
- The Mah'habara Subterra
- Sulyya Springs
- Taejin's Tower
- Oerba
- Eden (image art) [the actual picture is about 1 metre wide and took a month to complete]
- Pulse Vestige/Fal'Cei statue (image art)

- Maqui design sheet
- Palumpolum shop girl design sheet

Most of the character art is Nao Ikeda's stuff. There's only one Nomura sketch in here this time. But Ikeda's stuff is awesome and makes me jealous.

I am contemplating destroying the book to scan it in, but it would take a lot of courage and another copy to make me hurt a book :awesome: But it would be easier to work with.

Also I don't remember how you do it. I think it's something about using a microwave to melt the glue.

Edit; actually, I think I've sealed this books fate and will hopefully have nice scans while I wait for snow to disappear :awesome:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If by 'remember', you mean donate a bit of money to the site for pay for it/a replacement :awesome:

Then everyone can find out about Vanille's boobs all the interesting story-related details and I still have a book to go on my shelf and not a pile of pages.

Vendel

Banned
If by 'remember', you mean donate a bit of money to the site for pay for it/a replacement :awesome:

Then everyone can find out about Vanille's boobs all the interesting story-related details and I still have a book to go on my shelf and not a pile of pages.

I was going to light a remembrance candle.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
I demand a game-wide search for those two shots GOGOGO.
I SECOND THIS and then we can make bouncy Vanille boob gifs and our lives will have been worth something
Their summon/Crystalism crystals. I can't seem to find a good picture of them online. And by online, I mean on FFWiki since I cba search further than that.
Oh, you. :monster:
hito said:
- Dahj Katzroy
- Nora Estheim
- Bartholomew Estheim
- Gadot
- Lebreau
- Maqui
- Yuj
- Yaag Rosch
- Jihl Nabaat
- Rygdea
- Amodar
- Nomura's sketch of Galenth

- Cocoon
- Gran Pulse
- L'Cei mark (Cocoon and Pulse) progression
- Hanged Edge
- Pulse Vestige
- Bodhum
- Lake Bilge
- Vile Peaks
- The Gapra Whitewood
- The Sunleth Waterscape
- Euride Gorge
- Palumpolum
- Nautilus
- Fifth Ark
- Eden
- Vallis Media
- Padora
- The Mah'habara Subterra
- Sulyya Springs
- Taejin's Tower
- Oerba
- Eden (image art) [the actual picture is about 1 metre wide and took a month to complete]
- Pulse Vestige/Fal'Cei statue (image art)

- Maqui design sheet
- Palumpolum shop girl design sheet

Most of the character art is Nao Ikeda's stuff. There's only one Nomura sketch in here this time. But Ikeda's stuff is awesome and makes me jealous.
I saw some scans of a couple of the characters, and holy shit. A+ Ikeda's art is really pretty. I really wish there had been some traditional art of the main characters, though. :sadpanda:

Edit; actually, I think I've sealed this books fate and will hopefully have nice scans while I wait for snow to disappear :awesome:
YAAAY although I am honestly very appreciative, there's a reason I haven't scanned any of my doujinshi ever. I am so anal about the condition of my book spines. SO YES THANK YOU HITO

also:
font.jpg
What is this?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I SECOND THIS and then we can make bouncy Vanille boob gifs and our lives will have been worth something
'ohdear' and 'gtfo' need company :awesome:

I saw some scans of a couple of the characters, and holy shit. A+ Ikeda's art is really pretty. I really wish there had been some traditional art of the main characters, though. :sadpanda:
I would have liked more of the main character art, but Nomura was all "CG is so good nowadays no one needs to see my pictures" before. Judging from recent FF games, there'll probably be another Ultimania which should be all story and stuff like that. So hopefully more pictures :monster: Pictures of Ashe's polygon model with "Lightning" written on it didn't make up for lack of concept art.

But Ikeda's makes up for it a bit. Although I thought the Rygdea picture was Lost fanart at first. And I thought Dajh's portrait was CG for a moment.

YAAAY although I am honestly very appreciative, there's a reason I haven't scanned any of my doujinshi ever. I am so anal about the condition of my book spines. SO YES THANK YOU HITO
At the slightest imperfection on a book, I'm already wondering if I could justify getting another copy :awesome:

also:
font.jpg
What is this?
Alphabet bit. The top one is Cocoon lettering, and the one below that is Pulse. There is another, third one for the letters used with the summons, but there's no actual chart of letters for that one. Just little pictures of Odin and Brynhildr, and the text on them (which just says their names).

Apparently putting your own name on stuff is popular with FFXIII people. Lightning's sword says 'Lightning', and Fang's 'Oerbayunfang' as well.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
'ohdear' and 'gtfo' need company :awesome:
:titbounce:
I would have liked more of the main character art, but Nomura was all "CG is so good nowadays no one needs to see my pictures" before. Judging from recent FF games, there'll probably be another Ultimania which should be all story and stuff like that. So hopefully more pictures :monster:
Did Nomura really say that? /stupid And yeah, another Ultimania (with more art and lesbian undertones) would make my life complete.

At the slightest imperfection on a book, I'm already wondering if I could justify getting another copy :awesome:
I have two copies of the Lord of the Rings series. And most of the books in the Time Quartet. And Crime and Punishment.

WE SEEM TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE (/pun lololol)

Alphabet bit. The top one is Cocoon lettering, and the one below that is Pulse. There is another, third one for the letters used with the summons, but there's no actual chart of letters for that one. Just little pictures of Odin and Brynhildr, and the text on them (which just says their names).
Oooh, I thought that's what that was! I'm a sucker for stuff like that, that's pretty neat.

Although wtf is wrong with Pulse's alphabet. They must sound pretty fucking weird when they talk, since they're missing half the alphabet. :monster:
Apparently putting your own name on stuff is popular with FFXIII people. Lightning's sword says 'Lightning', and Fang's 'Oerbayunfang' as well.
Ahaha I am going back to look at this now. I am extremely amused.

SHE HAS HER NAME ON IT SO THAT WHEN SHE WAKES UP FROM BEING IN A CRYSTAL SHE WILL KNOW IT IS DEFINITELY HERS /nerd logical reasonings

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
- Nomura took it on himself to decide that (male?) members of Sanctum have the sides of their heads shaved. Cid just has his hair covering over it.

Good thing they didn't do it...

I am contemplating destroying the book to scan it in, but it would take a lot of courage and another copy to make me hurt a book :awesome: But it would be easier to work with.

Also I don't remember how you do it. I think it's something about using a microwave to melt the glue.

The few things I've seen of Nao Ikeda's work are amazing.

Also, Hito, you are our hero.

But Ikeda's makes up for it a bit. Although I thought the Rygdea picture was Lost fanart at first. And I thought Dajh's portrait was CG for a moment.

So Rygea looks like Sawyer, uh? Good, good...

Like Vines said:

SHE HAS HER NAME ON IT SO THAT WHEN SHE WAKES UP FROM BEING IN A CRYSTAL SHE WILL KNOW IT IS DEFINITELY HERS /nerd logical reasonings

Actually, that's a very good reason, imho.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
We'll definitely remember that Ultimania's sacrifice, hito. I'll honor it by not eviscerating the U20 Scenario guide. :awesome:

But, seriously, there's really not that much of interest to scan in it, except when killing popular shipping pairings and needing the proof translating something potentially controversial and needing the proof.

I got the Scenario Ultimania today, and I think it was Nomura who mentioned that Cid was meant to be the final boss originally :monster:

Goddammit!

Remember this?

I have another one, and I can't believe I missed it this whole time:
Two_of_a_Kind_by_Glaurung_II.jpg

I know, Jihl doesn't laugh like Scarlet, and I would have welcomed a slapfest between Jihl and Lightning, but still...

XD Win.

But, yes, sadistic blonde bitch who works for the evil empire is another parallel, you're right.

Though Scarlet has a much better death.

More fuckable too. Stockings=<3

hito said:

Oorah!

hito said:

That sounds like what happened in the prequel novel, actually.

hito said:
The sky in the opening is also modelled on a photo the view of the sky from the toilet in the Square Enix building ...

After all these years, I finally know how it looks!

Averia is so much better :'( WTF.

Agreed. What the shit?

Fucking watermarks. We still need hito's scans of the pages. :(

Thanks for the link, though. Gives us an idea of what we can look forward to anyway.

Like Vines said:

Get on this, people!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Funny thing about sites that watermark shit? They don't compel me to visit their sites.

They, in fact, make me automatically blacklist them in my head. I haven't been to FFplanet.exteen.com before as far as I know, and now I never will.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Did Nomura really say that? /stupid And yeah, another Ultimania (with more art and lesbian undertones) would make my life complete.
It was from an interview with Famitsu (when he drew the cover, which had Squall, Cloud, Lightning, Noctis/Noctus/that Versus XIII guy and they all had fox ears). Although he might have been talking about promotional artwork, I have the scans somewhere and should check before opening my mouth :monster:

Speaking of Versus, Padora in Pulse was designed to be reminiscent of the city in that.

I have two copies of the Lord of the Rings series. And most of the books in the Time Quartet. And Crime and Punishment.

WE SEEM TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE (/pun lololol)
Ohohoho.

I'm reluctant to lend anyone books/anything because I just don't trust them to be as obsessive about keeping things pristine as I am :awesome:

Although wtf is wrong with Pulse's alphabet. They must sound pretty fucking weird when they talk, since they're missing half the alphabet. :monster:
I think it was probably just a 'we only made what we needed' deal with the Pulse one.

Which means they ought to go make more stuff so they can make and use the rest of the alphabet :awesome:

SOMEONE CHECK VANILLE'S NAKED CHARACTER MODEL FOR FANG'S NAME.

So Rygea looks like Sawyer, uh? Good, good...
Look at the picture! Because now I don't have to bother messing around uploading my crappy phone camera picture :monster:

We'll definitely remember that Ultimania's sacrifice, hito. I'll honor it by not eviscerating the U20 Scenario guide. :awesome:

But, seriously, there's really not that much of interest to scan in it, except when killing popular shipping pairings and needing the proof translating something potentially controversial and needing the proof.
I feel a bit disappointed that there's like 200+ pages of strategy guide stuff, which I might or might not scan, it depends how complete I feel like being. There's interviews and little short stories mixed in with them, and maybe I can use the map pages/images of Action Tunnels to anger Mako :awesome:

Also I still need to look up how to do this so I don't mess it up and set fire to the book or something.

That sounds like what happened in the prequel novel, actually.
If my bank weren't being a collective of stupid wankers I'd have that already D:

The character sections have a 'thirteen days' section but I keep having to avert my eyes because it has stuff from the novel and I want to find that out myself by actually reading the novel.

Also I want an excuse to talk about Sazh's music but I don't have one. But it's all awesome.

Top Bottom