Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Look at the picture! Because now I don't have to bother messing around uploading my crappy phone camera picture :monster:

It's way better than I imagined!

(god, I can't make a worthwhile post tonight for shit.)

Don't worry, it happens to me all the time :awesome:

Back on topic, I was thinking about opening a separate thread with the similarities between VII and XIII (with a warning about spoilers on the title, of course), so each time someone finds out/thinks about a new one can go directly to said thread, instead of diggin into this one to find the entire list. What do you think?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Back on topic, I was thinking about opening a separate thread with the similarities between VII and XIII (with a warning about spoilers on the title, of course), so each time someone finds out/thinks about a new one can go directly to said thread, instead of diggin into this one to find the entire list. What do you think?

Please do.

I've thought about it a couple times but was like, "Nah, we got 'em all." :awesome: Then you found more. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's exactly what happened in the prequel light novel... which makes sense, since the prequel light novel is supposed to be canon.

Thought so. So I guess they might have originally been thinking about including that scene in the game itself but then relegated it to the novel?

shenron118

Lurk mode: ON
To my knowledge, it takes place right before the game like the other characters' chapters, but it also talks about what happened 500 years ago.

shenron118

Lurk mode: ON
Really? I've always heard 500.

Then again, Scenario Ultimania's probably a better source than something translated from Japanese to Chinese then to English. :monster:

Demi-Fiend

Rookie Adventurer
The light novel states that the events of the War of Revelations, AKA: Fang and Vanille's past, took place approximately 600 years in the past.

Speaking of the light novel, Lissar is finally beginning translation of the Fang and Vanille chapters. Straight, word-by-word, quote:

“You’re the one who said we’d always be together, forever!” Fang cupped Vanille’s face in her hands.
“We’ll always be together...”
“Yes.”
“And we will go home together...”
"That’s what we promised, remember?”
Vanille placed her hands against Fang’s, and nodded.
“No, you’re right... I...”
They had promised so long ago. They would be alright as long as they were together. They would never be parted. It was a promise she never wished to break.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
“You’re the one who said we’d always be together, forever!” Fang cupped Vanille’s face in her hands.
“We’ll always be together...”
“Yes.”
“And we will go home together...”
"That’s what we promised, remember?”
Vanille placed her hands against Fang’s, and nodded.
“No, you’re right... I...”
They had promised so long ago. They would be alright as long as they were together. They would never be parted. It was a promise she never wished to break.
Sure is gay in here.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I just ordered the novel and am about to start destroying this Ultimania book, if I can find something to drink to make me feel better about it :awesome:

I'll be playing this song the whole time because it fits my mood:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I wish for you to find comfort in this trying time. :( I did that one time and never could again.
There might have been a tear in my eye as I said to myself, "it's still warm."

But it has been sitting in the microwave for 3 minutes on full :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It sat too long in the microwave and now the middle some of the pages are burnt :awesome:

Only that's not awesome and the glue smells horrible. I should have stopped earlier.

Maybe it wasn't the glue but the burning paper that smelt :awesome:

Damage report:
- Most of the character pages are basically fine, except minor burning on the sub character and some of the later, main party members (sorry, Fang).
- The world section is mostly fine, but the burn marks are getting more noticable.
- Most of the worst burning happened in the strategy guide section, but took with it some short stories for each characters which are now missing parts of the text.
- The back of the book seems to have gotten the same level of damage as the sub character and world section.
- I haven't checked thoroughly but the interviews seem fine from quick glances.
- The sheet music for Kimi ga Iru Kara is intact [/personal interest].

In conclusion: not a total failure, but fail levels are still high :monster:

Edit; fail levels reaching 9000: my scanner no longer seems to scan anything but a white page.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Holy shit, hito. XDDD

Okay, no more microwaving Ultimanias for you. From now on, do it my way: pull out box cutter, score the page close to the spine.

Takes longer? Yes. Fries the pages? :awesome: It does not.

Good attempt anyway, sir. :(

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
It sat too long in the microwave and now the middle some of the pages are burnt :awesome:

Only that's not awesome and the glue smells horrible. I should have stopped earlier.

Maybe it wasn't the glue but the burning paper that smelt :awesome:

Damage report:
- Most of the character pages are basically fine, except minor burning on the sub character and some of the later, main party members (sorry, Fang).
- The world section is mostly fine, but the burn marks are getting more noticable.
- Most of the worst burning happened in the strategy guide section, but took with it some short stories for each characters which are now missing parts of the text.
- The back of the book seems to have gotten the same level of damage as the sub character and world section.
- I haven't checked thoroughly but the interviews seem fine from quick glances.
- The sheet music for Kimi ga Iru Kara is intact [/personal interest].

In conclusion: not a total failure, but fail levels are still high :monster:

Edit; fail levels reaching 9000: my scanner no longer seems to scan anything but a white page.
Holy shit hito, I'm sorry. D:

THE GODS APPARENTLY DEMANDED A SACRIFICE

fffff man I feel so sad for you bro

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I take it as a sign from above that you shouldn't be doing such things to books.

Some pages aren't as bad as I originally thought, though. And then some have actually turned to ashes in the middle.

Also I'm decorating at the moment and have had to unplugged scanner so unless I go and plug it back in for a bit (which I might if I can be arsed), there won't be any scans for a week or two. Or anything from me by next week because I'll have had to unplug the rest of the computer and won't have internet access beyond maybe a PS3 :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
You know, one thing I realized I'm disappointed with is a real Missed Moment of Awesome - enemy l'Cie. Like Cid but more of them, I thought there would be times when we face down other l'Cie with their own Focuses to complete and their own Eidolons and their own conflicts. I know there's Cid, but are there any others?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
They literally took the e from the front and put it on the end.

What a pointless change.

Top Bottom