Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
...is this what debating with Cleriths is like? I feel like I'm in a time paradox.

Get out of my life, Cloti.

Their families were killed by Cocoon's l'Cies and fal'Cies. After that they lived in the Oerba orphanage-like place and thought of each other as a family.​
So I'm thinking no lesbians.
They aren't blood related, yet they share the same last name and think of each other as family.

...Most of us just call that gay marriage.

Demi-Fiend

Rookie Adventurer
You can't really use the light-novel to defend the posture of Vanille and Fang not being lesbians. The review explicitly states that they're even more lovey-dovey couple-like in it.

ファングとヴァニラがっうあはぁはぁはぁ(*´д`) ハァハァ

ネットに掲載されてた分はライトニングサイド以外読んでないんですがそのうち
にもう一度読んでおくか。男性陣サイドの話に興味がわかないのもいつものこと
なんで放置ってことで。

これはいい百合b

ファングがヴァニラべたぼれでかわいすぎる。犯罪だわ、これは。ヴァニラも
ヴァニラでファングにべったりだしもーぅ何この相思相愛カップルwwwうら
やまけしからんwww

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
You can't really use the light-novel to defend the posture of Vanille and Fang not being lesbians. The review explicitly states that they're even more lovey-dovey couple-like in it.

But does anyone know what the actual novel itself states? I believe the review, haha, but I really want to read the novel. Any chance it will get translated, does anyone know?

The others did, and I REALLY enjoyed them.

Also, feelings on Leona Lewis' My Hands being used in the English version? I really wasn't too hot on the Jpop song that was used to begin with (although it is growing on me) so I really don't care.

It's actually kind of pretty, I think, given that it's not my genre of music at all.

Here's a link.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I don't mind the Leona Lewis song, she has a nice voice and it's a pretty song.

Also, I want moar info on Lebaru. I was so interested in her character for a while but I haven't heard a whole lot of new stuff. Or maybe I just missed it, being all distracted. :c

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
Get out of my life, Cloti.

They aren't blood related, yet they share the same last name and think of each other as family.

...Most of us just call that gay marriage.

Okay, I'm going to say one last thing in regards to this. First, I read somewhere that Oerba is not a last name, but simply something that all the people living in their village were referred as. Seeing as the village was like, called the Oerba village or something.
Secondly, Fang and Vanille were in a orphanage. The way I interpret that, they were young. Young-ish. We know at least Vanille is something like 17. Are we honestly going to say that Fang and Vanille decided to get "married" in an orphanage and think of each other as a gay, married family when they were young enough to be in an orphanage?

If so, this is turning into some crazy CLAMP-esque manga-style story with some rather sketchy relationships. Yes, more so than pedo-Snow. Because Serah was at least 18.

But the same person who said they were lovey-dovey also said they thought of each other as family? And of course with regards to specifically what kind of family is kind of the argument but that's what I replied to up there.

Just putting that out there. Again, we'll see when the Ultimania comes out in a few weeks.

Demi-Fiend

Rookie Adventurer
But does anyone know what the actual novel itself states? I believe the review, haha, but I really want to read the novel. Any chance it will get translated, does anyone know?

Also, feelings on Leona Lewis' My Hands being used in the English version? I really wasn't too hot on the Jpop song that was used to begin with (although it is growing on me) so I really don't care.

It's actually kind of pretty, I think, given that it's not my genre of music at all.

Here's a link.

Lissar is going to translate it once she is done with the game.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

That it does. Thanks for that!

Like Vines said:

I expect it will get translated. I'd really like to see it for myself as well.

By the way, do you have a link to those other translations? I had one, but lost it.

[EDIT: Thanks, Demi-Fiend!]

Like Vines said:

Zee said:
I don't mind the Leona Lewis song, she has a nice voice and it's a pretty song.

I like it. The song it's replacing was alright too, but I think "My Hands" is better, actually.

Zee said:
Also, I want moar info on Lebaru. I was so interested in her character for a while but I haven't heard a whole lot of new stuff. Or maybe I just missed it, being all distracted. :c

There's really not a lot to say about her, honestly. She's a friend of Snow, has spunk, is a member of Team Nora, and is pretty fucking hot. That's about it, really.

Anzu Mazaki said:
Okay, I'm going to say one last thing in regards to this. First, I read somewhere that Oerba is not a last name, but simply something that all the people living in their village were referred as. Seeing as the village was like, called the Oerba village or something.
Secondly, Fang and Vanille were in a orphanage. The way I interpret that, they were young. Young-ish. We know at least Vanille is something like 17. Are we honestly going to say that Fang and Vanille decided to get "married" in an orphanage and think of each other as a gay, married family when they were young enough to be in an orphanage?

Zee was just making a comment that was made of win. :monster: She knows about the village thing.

Vendel

Banned
Gotta love the tropes. Also if I am hearing correctly does Snow call Lightning nee-san? Having not played the game it seems like she would hate that.

Anzu Mazaki

Pro Adventurer
Gotta love the tropes. Also if I am hearing correctly does Snow call Lightning nee-san? Having not played the game it seems like she would hate that.

Yes, he calls her that and definitely YES she hates it. She pretty says, "Who's your neesan?!" to him 2 or 3 times.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Haha. Oh, you have no idea. She tells him, "Don't call me 'Nee-san'" more than once.

The Tropes entry for Vanille and Fang is total win, by the way. Thanks for posting it, Drake.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
There's really not a lot to say about her, honestly. She's a friend of Snow, has spunk, is a member of Team Nora, and is pretty fucking hot. That's about it, really.

Aw, I was kinda hoping for more. I saw the flashback clip of her passing a drink to Fang so I thought maybe she was a bit more involved with the main cast. :c

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
The new novella says Fang and Lebaru are the same age, does anyone know how old Lebaru actually is?

She looks about 21 or so, but I'm just curious because I like dumb facts like these. :desu:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Found an AMAZING vid of Fang and Vanille here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOHW0n0YH0w

They should use this song in the end for the rick rolling effect :D

Ha! Thanks for posting. That's awesome! Very well put together, and brilliant choice of song.

Like one of the commenters said, it's quite amazing the fandom this pairing has amassed so quickly in the West. It's just too darn hard not to like it, though. Partly because it's adorable, partly because it's our first official lesbian pairing in FF ...

... and partly because it's so ah, ah, obvious. :awesome:

Obvious in what way? Like are we talking canon couple here, or pairing with a lot of potential? I'm just wondering because people keep saying that they are a couple, and also that it's easy to see it more like a close/deep friendship.

Obviously I'd love for it to be an actual couple thing, might even make me finally have interest in this game, but so far I get no direct answers.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
wait wait canon lesbians? In my FF?

Please don't let this be a lie.

Demi-Fiend

Rookie Adventurer
Well, as someone who has played the game, I can just say that S-E certainly wants us to consider them lesbians. I mean, I dare you to look at this and tell me it doesn't look romantic:

2r4r2xi.jpg

Consider that unlike FFV's Bait-And-Switch-Lesbians Faris and Lenna, Fang and Vanille are not sisters. :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

oh goddamnit why can you do this to me Squeenix and make me want to buy this stupid game. YOU SUCK.

Ghost X

I dislike the look of Fang. Her mullet alone disturbs me. Its like they grabbed all the cuttings on the design floor and threw it on the table and said, "Hey, there is a character!" and another one said "Hey, let's make her female!" The fact that she was originally going to be a male suggests that her relationship with Vanille was supposed to be more than just good friends. That is unless they were supposed to be related, with the same last name and all. That'd have been an FF first too, no? Incest :monster:.

Demi-Fiend

Rookie Adventurer
I dislike the look of Fang. Her mullet alone disturbs me. Its like they grabbed all the cuttings on the design floor and threw it on the table and said, "Hey, there is a character!" and another one said "Hey, let's make her female!" The fact that she was originally going to be a male suggests that her relationship with Vanille was supposed to be more than just good friends. That is unless they were supposed to be related, with the same last name and all. That'd have been an FF first too, no? Incest :monster:.

They're not sisters. Everyone in their village shares the same last name.

Top Bottom