Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Cid was brought back by Galenth to take his place, and start a war in Cocoon. At that point, he was basically just Galenth's puppet. I can't remember exactly what it said about him, but it didn't seem to imply there was much free will left in him (except to ask to be shot :monster: ).

Did he asked to be shot for real? Because that was the impression I had when I first watched the scene.

I have a doubt: Why Galenth wanted to start a war?

And then Rygdea disappears into nowhere. I kept expecting him to pop up somewhere and then the game ended.

At least I'd like to know if he survived or not. Damn plotholes.

It's exactly the same name, and (in FFXIII) is piloted by Rosch :monster:

So it's the exact name! It was a good thing that Yaag didn't end up like Scarlet and Heidegger, but in a more honorable way (wich sucked anyway, I wanted him to live :( )

Last edited:

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

13952_335275665093_506360093_972450.jpg

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Took too long, fucker. :monster:
D:

It's growing on me.
Now tell me you at least liked the Galenth battle music. That's epic.

It better be epic, because you'll be hearing it three times :awesome:

So it was destroyed? I couldn't really tell if that was the impression we were supposed to take or not. Kind of underwhelming how that played out, if so.
IIRC, that's what it says in the Auto Clip summary. I'll have to check it again to be sure, though.

But it turned your whole non-lesbian team members (and possibly them too, a couple of hundred years ago) into l'Cei and the entire area it was in into crystal. What more did you want? :monster:

That shit pissed me off. Wonder if the international releases will give him at least another scene. Maybe work him into the final FMV when you see the transport ships landing?
I meant to look out for him in the final FMV, but I was flipping out about what was happening with Fang and Vanille instead :awesome: He runs off looking all determined, and then apparently some rocks fall and he dies or something.

Too much shit going on in there, for sure, but the area itself wasn't that big or inspiring. Compare to the Northern Crater, Lunar Subterrane, Ultimecia's Castle, etc. The physical location itself isn't all that big.
It doesn't need to be big, the platforms just keep shuffling around to make new areas out of the old ones :monster:

I believe you're right.

By the way, what did you think of the presentation of the obvious pairing there? :awesome:
I didn't see it, actually :awesome:

Did he asked to be shot for real? Because that was the impression I had when I first watched the scene.

I have a doubt: Why Galenth wanted to start a war?
So everyone would die :monster: Either from Cid's old unit destroying Orphan and Cocoon or the people starting to kill each other because they think they're being invaded by Pulse. The Fal'cei themselves can't destroy Cocoon because they can't defy their Focus, so they try to make humans do it. It was a bit like Seymour's plan in FFX (everyone dies and is freed from pain), except it was 'everyone dies and God comes back'. That's why Galenth created Cocoon in the first place, to breed humans to sacrifice.

So it's the exact name! It was a good thing that Yaag didn't end up like Scarlet and Heidegger, but in a more honorable way (wich sucked anyway, I wanted him to live :( )
From the looks of it, if you want to live you shouldn't be piloting a robot called 'Proud Clad' :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

You know I luffz ya.

hito said:
Now tell me you at least liked the Galenth battle music. That's epic.

It better be epic, because you'll be hearing it three times :awesome:

XD Yeah, I did like Galenth's music a lot.

Actually, the boss music in general is alright, though that in the final battle was a tad underwhelming.

Speaking of Galenth, is he or is he not the lamest primary villain in ... well, in a while?

hito said:
IIRC, that's what it says in the Auto Clip summary. I'll have to check it again to be sure, though.

Alright.

hito said:
But it turned your whole non-lesbian team members (and possibly them too, a couple of hundred years ago) into l'Cei and the entire area it was in into crystal. What more did you want? :monster:

A more cool-looking battle to destroy such a plot-relevant enemy. But, oh well, at least we know it's dead. :monster:

hito said:
I meant to look out for him in the final FMV, but I was flipping out about what was happening with Fang and Vanille instead :awesome:

XD It tugs at the heart strings, don't it?

hito said:
He runs off looking all determined, and then apparently some rocks fall and he dies or something.

Guess we wait 8 years for the film sequel (oh, if only Mako could read this sentence we'd have some lulz material on our hands) to find out he ducked under a desk somewhere at the last second.

hito said:
It doesn't need to be big, the platforms just keep shuffling around to make new areas out of the old ones :monster:

I say it needs to be big, dammit. There was nothing visually impressive about it compared to, say, the Chaos Shrine, Pandemonium, Forbidden Land Eureka and the World of Darkness, the Lunar Subterrane, the Interdimensional Rift, Kefka's Tower, the Northern Crater, Ultimecia's Castle, Memoria and Crystal World, Sin, the Pharos Lighthouse and Murond Death City.

So, yeah, basically it underwhelms compared to everything. :monster:

hito said:
I didn't see it, actually :awesome:

You did not just say that.

I see the battle lines are being drawn for the next relationship debate that will be carried on a decade after the game's release. :awesome: That's what they were really going for when they wanted FFXIII to be like FFVII.

hito said:
From the looks of it, if you want to live you shouldn't be piloting a robot called 'Proud Clad' :monster:

But if you want to remembered by the fans forever, do it. :monster:

'Cause I'm calling it: Yaag's going to be remembered as one of the coolest parts of this game.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You know I luffz ya.
I know how you got this job.

XD Yeah, I did like Galenth's music a lot.

Actually, the boss music in general is alright, though that in the final battle was a tad underwhelming.

Speaking of Galenth, is he or is he not the lamest primary villain in ... well, in a while?
Honestly, Galenth might have been a surprise if you've never played a Japanese RPG before and if they just hadn't released that screenshot and trailer scene of him calling the masses fools. I wasn't expecting him to be a Fal'cei, but after I saw the trailer (and I didn't even watch them all) it seemed obvious he would be evil.

Which kind of makes me want to continue not really watching trailers for Versus if this is what they're going to be like with PR :monster:

I might have liked the final boss music, actually :monster: I need to hear it again (probably when I go for the trophy).

I checked it, it was.

A more cool-looking battle to destroy such a plot-relevant enemy. But, oh well, at least we know it's dead. :monster:
You're getting to be the Anima-focused version of Mako :monster:

XD It tugs at the heart strings, don't it?
I just wanted everyone to be happy. And alive.

Guess we wait 8 years for the film sequel (oh, if only Mako could read this sentence we'd have some lulz material on our hands) to find out he ducked under a desk somewhere at the last second.
Desk with a button with a letter "R". For "Rufus already did it" :awesome:

If I had to guess, he might have turned into a Cie'th (? シ骸). It mentioned that their unit (Cavalry? 騎兵隊) turned into them in the Auto Clip summary, so maybe the ones you see in Fal'cei Eden are the group who went to destroy Orphan (though Galenth had no intention of actually having them destroy Orphan). Which is even worse than Jihl's death if true, because you don't even get to see him change. But there's nothing to suggest one of them is him, and his profile doesn't say anything.

I want to black-track in the Eden city, just to see if I can find him there or something, but Eden is really long and there might not be another portal at the other end and I don't want to go all the way back through all that just to see nothing :monster:

I say it needs to be big, dammit. There was nothing visually impressive about it compared to, say, the Chaos Shrine, Pandemonium, Forbidden Land Eureka and the World of Darkness, the Lunar Subterrane, the Interdimensional Rift, Kefka's Tower, the Northern Crater, Ultimecia's Castle, Memoria and Crystal World, Sin, the Pharos Lighthouse and Murond Death City.

So, yeah, basically it underwhelms compared to everything. :monster:
If you're going to include Pharos/Memoria/Eureka, would you include Eden (the city, not the Fal'cei) for FFXIII?

I thought Fal'cei Eden felt like a final dungeon. When the walls went trippy and there's materialised data flying around while I'm inside some super-being, I thought "yeah, this is the last dungeon" :awesome:

You did not just say that.

I see the battle lines are being drawn for the next relationship debate that will be carried on a decade after the game's release. :awesome: That's what they were really going for when they wanted FFXIII to be like FFVII.
I went there :awesome:

Even though they did seem to touch a lot, I guess I didn't see the physical contact from Vanille to be as big a deal, because she's the same with Hope. Except Hope doesn't really touch back as much as Fang does.

If Fang had stayed a man, I probably would have assumed they meant for them to be a couple since it's expected. And I wasn't particular expecting for them to have lesbians :monster:

But if you want to remembered by the fans forever, do it. :monster:

'Cause I'm calling it: Yaag's going to be remembered as one of the coolest parts of this game.
The death of that one guy who disappeared for a while after dying once, and lesbians.

Great legacy, FFXIII :awesome:

Demi-Fiend

Rookie Adventurer

Even though they did seem to touch a lot, I guess I didn't see the physical contact from Vanille to be as big a deal, because she's the same with Hope. Except Hope doesn't really touch back as much as Fang does.

If Fang had stayed a man, I probably would have assumed they meant for them to be a couple since it's expected. And I wasn't particular expecting for them to have lesbians :monster:

Fang and Vanille's lesbianism is less about physical contact and more about how much they care about each other, the kind of dialogue and interaction they give them, the light novel and THAT ENDING.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I know how you got this job.

Shh!

:awesome:

hito said:
Honestly, Galenth might have been a surprise if you've never played a Japanese RPG before and if they just hadn't released that screenshot and trailer scene of him calling the masses fools. I wasn't expecting him to be a Fal'cei, but after I saw the trailer (and I didn't even watch them all) it seemed obvious he would be evil.

No doubt.

Hell, just appearing to look like a religious figure while being a character in a JRPG already pegs you as evil.

hito said:
Which kind of makes me want to continue not really watching trailers for Versus if this is what they're going to be like with PR :monster:

They kind of did include many of the bigger scenes in the trailers, didn't they? When I finally saw Cid's death scene and realized we'd already see all of it in a trailer except for the shot being fired, I was like, "Are you shitting me? You're showing us the very end of Rygdea and Cid's interaction in a trailer?"

hito said:
I might have liked the final boss music, actually :monster: I need to hear it again (probably when I go for the trophy).

Well, it's not the first thing you've been wrong about, so no one will hold this against you either. :monster:

hito said:
I checked it, it was.

Thanks for confirming. One fal'Cie down, 9999 to go.

hito said:
You're getting to be the Anima-focused version of Mako :monster:

I'm not quite sure how to take that. :awesome: Guess I was just expecting something a little more awesome, especially given this fal'Cie's importance to setting the story in motion and given who the last Anima in FF was -- but given that the team weren't even l'Cie yet at the time, I guess we couldn't really expect it to have been a battle like the later ones anyway.

Rewatching that scene with the knowledge that Anima is supposed to have been destroyed there, it seems a lot more obvious this time around.

hito said:
I just wanted everyone to be happy. And alive.

Well, V and F aren't exactly dead -- just crystallized, perhaps for eternity. :monster:

Not sure why that sounded like a better state of being in my mind, but. XD

hito said:
Desk with a button with a letter "R". For "Rufus already did it" :awesome:

Read my mind. XD

hito said:
Which is even worse than Jihl's death if true, because you don't even get to see him change.

No kidding! I hope that's not what happened.

hito said:
But there's nothing to suggest one of them is him, and his profile doesn't say anything.

Do any of the other profiles update to that point?

hito said:
I want to black-track in the Eden city, just to see if I can find him there or something, but Eden is really long and there might not be another portal at the other end and I don't want to go all the way back through all that just to see nothing :monster:

I insist that you do it. :monster:

You're not too lazy a bastard to do something even a lazy bastard could do, are you? :awesome:

hito said:
If you're going to include Pharos/Memoria/Eureka, would you include Eden (the city, not the Fal'cei) for FFXIII?

Yeah, I guess so. Fair enough.

Taken like that, it is pretty damn big and awesome. Still think the very end with Orphan's Cradle sucks, but it actually sucks less than the World of Darkness or Crystal World when taken alone.

hito said:
I thought Fal'cei Eden felt like a final dungeon. When the walls went trippy and there's materialised data flying around while I'm inside some super-being, I thought "yeah, this is the last dungeon" :awesome:

Yeah, no doubt. XD

hito said:

Even though they did seem to touch a lot, I guess I didn't see the physical contact from Vanille to be as big a deal ...

Not even the casual boob grab that lingered for like five or six seconds?

hito said:
... because she's the same with Hope.

Can't say as I recall her hanging onto his manhood for long moments. :awesome:

hito said:
Except Hope doesn't really touch back as much as Fang does.

That, and shouting each other's names every five seconds. :awesome:

But, no, really, watch this scene and this scene again and tell me if you think it's not directed like we're supposed to infer that there's something going on there. Counting the other characters' body language and visual/audible commentary, as well as how the shot is framed for when they reunite in the first video I linked -- it just seems like classic cinematic language for "They like to lick each other" to me.

Not to mention Fang's comfort with the aforementioned boob grab, and Vanille's being fine with the upskirt look.

hito said:

Fair enough. XD

But, hey, obvious Lif and Lifthrasir symbolism, crystallized together forever, and yin-yang positioning. :awesome:

And, actually, the yin-yang positioning is a valid argument, I think. XD Previously it was done for Tidus/Yuna and Tifa/Cloud, after all.

hito said:
The death of that one guy who disappeared for a while after dying once, and lesbians.

Fuck you. :awesome: Who sounds like Mako now? XD

Seriously, though, Yaag and FangxVanille are, like, two of my favorite aspects of this whole thing.

Even if Yaag getting shot and then being fine later was a total WTF.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
That, and shouting each other's names every five seconds. :awesome:

But, no, really, watch this scene and this scene again and tell me if you think it's not directed like we're supposed to infer that there's something going on there. Counting the other characters' body language and visual/audible commentary, as well as how the shot is framed for when they reunite in the first video I linked -- it just seems like classic cinematic language for "They like to lick each other" to me.

Like I said in a previous post:

Caaaaaaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeeeeeel the looooooooooove to-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon

I remembered Grandia 2 :awesome: even though I didn't understand a thing of what Galenth said :monster: I suspected he would be evil, but I hoped expected Cid to be the real evil guy.

If I had to guess, he might have turned into a Cie'th (? シ骸). It mentioned that their unit (Cavalry? 騎兵隊) turned into them in the Auto Clip summary, so maybe the ones you see in Fal'cei Eden are the group who went to destroy Orphan (though Galenth had no intention of actually having them destroy Orphan). Which is even worse than Jihl's death if true, because you don't even get to see him change. But there's nothing to suggest one of them is him, and his profile doesn't say anything.

I only have one question: Was that what Yaag was talking about before his grand finale? Besides what Tres translated, I couldn't find anything regarding that little speech

Let me cry over enjoy his heroic death scene in peace :monster:

Uh, maybe he was the only one wearing a bullet-proof vest? Think that maybe the Sanctum was cutting spendings due to the upcoming crisis and only allowed high-rank officials to wear that expensive protection :awesome:

Or maybe the soldier that shot him missed on purpose because he was secretly in love with him :awesome:

So many possibilities, so little time to show them :monster:

Vendel

Banned
Oh, Vendel! Let me see how your l'Cie mark is looking!

Just don't forget to let me grope you. While everyone is looking.

EDIT: Also I say we officially make "checking the I'Cie mark" and the variations therein as the new euphemism for going down on someone.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
No doubt.

Hell, just appearing to look like a religious figure while being a character in a JRPG already pegs you as evil.
Maybe for the next game they can do something really original and make a Pope character who isn't completely evil/batshit insane :awesome:

They kind of did include many of the bigger scenes in the trailers, didn't they? When I finally saw Cid's death scene and realized we'd already see all of it in a trailer except for the shot being fired, I was like, "Are you shitting me? You're showing us the very end of Rygdea and Cid's interaction in a trailer?"
I was disappointed that they included the scene with Hope's dad (the "you're my son!! this is your home!!" one) in the trailer. Before that scene you're lead to believe Hope doesn't get alone with his dad. But if you saw that trailer, you know he's going to be fine with him.

Or Jihl telling Sazh his son's crystal will be made into a memorial. Thanks for telling me Dahj turns into a crystal before I even played the game, Square.

Well, it's not the first thing you've been wrong about, so no one will hold this against you either. :monster:
Don't hate me because I have no good taste.

Thanks for confirming. One fal'Cie down, 9999 to go.
I want to kill Titan, personally. Just because :awesome:

I'm not quite sure how to take that. :awesome: Guess I was just expecting something a little more awesome, especially given this fal'Cie's importance to setting the story in motion and given who the last Anima in FF was -- but given that the team weren't even l'Cie yet at the time, I guess we couldn't really expect it to have been a battle like the later ones anyway.

Rewatching that scene with the knowledge that Anima is supposed to have been destroyed there, it seems a lot more obvious this time around.
I'm not sure how it wasn't obvious the first time around :awesome:

Well, V and F aren't exactly dead -- just crystallized, perhaps for eternity. :monster:

Not sure why that sounded like a better state of being in my mind, but. XD
I'm going to spoil Pulp Fiction :monster:

Even though technically, Vincent is dead by the chronological end, in the end of the film itself he's still 'alive'. Which IIRC was intentional because the test audience didn't like him being dead in the end and it made them feel better to see him 'alive' at the end.

Which is what I wanted for Fang and Vanille :monster: I assume it was something to do with the destruction of Orphan and the whole Ragnarok thing which woke Sera and Dahj, and IIRC it was Galenth the first time for Fang and Vanille. But what's left for them now? :monster:

I waited for ages after the end credits. Partly for some little scene of them waking up or something. And partly because the controller had turned off and I didn't realise.

Do any of the other profiles update to that point?
When I saw you could make a save at the end, I thought you'd get an end-game-updated database. But it doesn't. The only update is the enemy data for Orphan and Baldander's final form. Everything else is the same as it was when you're at the 'no turning back' point (オーファンズ・クレイドル:賛歌拝廊)

I insist that you do it. :monster:

You're not too lazy a bastard to do something even a lazy bastard could do, are you? :awesome:
Hey. Hey.

It's really, really long, alright? And full of big enemies and long Mako-infuriating killing tubes. I'm going to look at websites to see if anyone mentions anything.

And for a guide to killing Tomberry :monster:

Yeah, I guess so. Fair enough.

Taken like that, it is pretty damn big and awesome. Still think the very end with Orphan's Cradle sucks, but it actually sucks less than the World of Darkness or Crystal World when taken alone.
I did like how the final area (賛歌拝廊 again) was the place from the promo image

Not even the casual boob grab that lingered for like five or six seconds?
Sometimes casual boob grabs are just casual boob grabs.

Can't say as I recall her hanging onto his manhood for long moments. :awesome:
Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen :awesome:

Not to mention Fang's comfort with the aforementioned boob grab, and Vanille's being fine with the upskirt look.
Yeah but they're not wearing pink ribbons so it doesn't count.

Fang just lacks tact :monster: If you make me look at it through some lesbian-filter, then things are going to look like that. I was hoping for a New Game+ and going through the game again, but there's no NG+. I might still go through it again, wicba and have finished all the end game stuff. Then I promise I will look for lesbianism.

Also I still haven't read the novel, as I haven't decided whether to just read the online one or get the book. But I can only find it on bastardly-expensive-shipping-charges-Amazon.co.jp so will either have to get it there or see if a friend can get it and send it to me or something :monster:

Fair enough. XD

But, hey, obvious Lif and Lifthrasir symbolism, crystallized together forever, and yin-yang positioning. :awesome:

And, actually, the yin-yang positioning is a valid argument, I think. XD Previously it was done for Tidus/Yuna and Tifa/Cloud, after all.
I never actually thought much of the whole yin-yang thing :awesome:

Admittedly, I'm opening up to the possibility of the idea that there might be something between them, possibly. Maybe.

Fuck you. :awesome: Who sounds like Mako now? XD

Seriously, though, Yaag and FangxVanille are, like, two of my favorite aspects of this whole thing.

You didn't say 'killing tubes' enough, so your Mako-on-FFXIII impression is weak.

I can't think of what my favourite things about FFXIII was right now :monster: So I'm going to leave it at I liked the world and was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked all the characters, even the ones I didn't think much of before playing it.

Also, 「わかりやすい道だね!」 You're a master of humour, Vanille :awesome: "It's not linear! Just easy to navigate!"

I remembered Grandia 2 :awesome: even though I didn't understand a thing of what Galenth said :monster: I suspected he would be evil, but I hoped expected Cid to be the real evil guy.
I was expecting an eviler evil guy to turn up, but unless you count Orphan :monster:

I only have one question: Was that what Yaag was talking about before his grand finale? Besides what Tres translated, I couldn't find anything regarding that little speech
Is there a video of that around?

Or maybe the soldier that shot him missed on purpose because he was secretly in love with him :awesome:
We have already had lesbians :awesome:

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
HEY HITO WELCOME TO THE SPOILERS THREAD. :monster: Sorry it died a small death before you got here.

Maybe for the next game they can do something really original and make a Pope character who isn't completely evil/batshit insane
An innocent Pope? In a JRPG? AHAHA OH HITO KEEP DREAMING.

I was disappointed that they included the scene with Hope's dad (the "you're my son!! this is your home!!" one) in the trailer. Before that scene you're lead to believe Hope doesn't get alone with his dad. But if you saw that trailer, you know he's going to be fine with him.

Or Jihl telling Sazh his son's crystal will be made into a memorial. Thanks for telling me Dahj turns into a crystal before I even played the game, Square.
I thought this too. I mean, I'm faaaaar from a spoilerphobe, but it's sort of annoying when things in-game are presented as shocking and we've already seen them in a trailer. :|

Which is what I wanted for Fang and Vanille :monster: I assume it was something to do with the destruction of Orphan and the whole Ragnarok thing which woke Sera and Dahj, and IIRC it was Galenth the first time for Fang and Vanille. But what's left for them now? :monster:
To be honest, knowing Square's tactics, I think they'll be brought back in one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games. It just seems like the sort of shit SE would pull. How many games are slated to be in this series anyways? edit: 3 so far, it seems. They're all "set in different worlds", so it sounds far fetched to think XIII characters will show up again. But this is Square, and logic isn't their forte. :monster:

Anyways onto a slightly newer topic -- has anyone been following the rough Light Novel translations? I have, and my God they are so sad. I think Fang and Vanille are two of the best characters Square's come up with in ages, seriously.

It's also got some strong Fang/Vanille subtext. They share a bed and and cry over each other and hold each other and just generally act a little gay.

It's also got a whole interesting bit about Fang meeting with the Fal'Cie; she disrespects Anima and I guess the guards attempt to have her punished/killed/etc. I'm really interested in learning more about the tribes that used to exist on Gran Pulse. If the translations were more solid I'd copy/paste or link to them, but they're just rough so I figure it can wait.

also:

EDIT: Also I say we officially make "checking the I'Cie mark" and the variations therein as the new euphemism for going down on someone.
AHAHA YES. I already went ahead and utilized this meaning in another thread. :monster:

I laughed my ass off at this.

Also, the mental image of Vanille grabbing Hope's junk actually made me a little sick. THANKS YOU GUYS.

Last edited:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I remember about a year ago calling out the possibility of a Lightning/Vanille pair. I can't help but feel just a little disappointed.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I thought this too. I mean, I'm faaaaar from a spoilerphobe, but it's sort of annoying when things in-game are presented as shocking and we've already seen them in a trailer. :|
I tried to be shocked to be polite, like you try to be surprised and excited when you get a gift you don't like. "Oh no, Dahj! How unexpected! I hope no one threatens to make you into a... no, Jihl! Not a memorial! I didn't see that coming!"

Then I wrote letters in my most threatening pink gel pen telling Square to hire a new trailer guy.

To be honest, knowing Square's tactics, I think they'll be brought back in one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games. It just seems like the sort of shit SE would pull. How many games are slated to be in this series anyways? edit: 3 so far, it seems. They're all "set in different worlds", so it sounds far fetched to think XIII characters will show up again. But this is Square, and logic isn't their forte. :monster:
I don't care how it happens. Just make it happen.

I haven't followed anything about FFXIII, so I don't know much about what the whole series is meant to tie together like. I remember the mythology is supposed to be the same (I think Versus has something to do with a goddess, and there's a couple of mentions to one in FFXIII). I guess it might be similar to Ivalice or something, I don't know. But if they can put Balflear in FFT.

I just wanted to see Fang and Vanille skipping through fields with Sera and Dahj.

novel stuff
I'm going to go look for that book right now and make do with the online stuff until then. I can't stands no more.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
To be honest, knowing Square's tactics, I think they'll be brought back in one of the Fabula Nova Crystallis games.

There's no doubt about it.

If their "deaths" didn't hit me as hard as Tidus' for any reason, it would probably be because at this point, I know not to expect that "dead means dead."

LV said:
Anyways onto a slightly newer topic -- has anyone been following the rough Light Novel translations? I have, and my God they are so sad. I think Fang and Vanille are two of the best characters Square's come up with in ages, seriously.

It's also got some strong Fang/Vanille subtext. They share a bed and and cry over each other and hold each other and just generally act a little gay.

LINK. NOW. PLZ.

LV said:
Also, the mental image of Vanille grabbing Hope's junk actually made me a little sick. THANKS YOU GUYS.

Welc. :monster:

Maybe for the next game they can do something really original and make a Pope character who isn't completely evil/batshit insane :awesome:

Don't underestimate the depths heights of not-being-creative they can reach when they really put their minds to it. :awesome:

hitoncheir said:

You're right, that was a big mistake. Bothered me too.

hitoncheir said:

Honestly, I had assumed he was a crystal before the game began when I first read about Sazh. I was surprised to find he wasn't a crystal all along, so that one didn't get spoiled for me. XD

hitoncheir said:
Don't hate me because I have no good taste.

I forgive you. This time.

hito said:
I want to kill Titan, personally. Just because :awesome:

No kidding! And watch him take out all of Gran Pulse as he collapses. :awesome:

hito said:
I'm not sure how it wasn't obvious the first time around :awesome:

:awesomonster:

hito said:
I'm going to spoil Pulp Fiction :monster:

Even though technically, Vincent is dead by the chronological end, in the end of the film itself he's still 'alive'. Which IIRC was intentional because the test audience didn't like him being dead in the end and it made them feel better to see him 'alive' at the end.

I waited for ages after the end credits. Partly for some little scene of them waking up or something. And partly because the controller had turned off and I didn't realise.

XD Damn, hito. I'm sorry it got to you that bad, man. It hit me too, especially after I'd seen the whole story and then saw the ending again.

It might have got me as hard as Tidus' passing at the end of FFX. Maybe. That ending still blows me away every time.

hito said:
When I saw you could make a save at the end, I thought you'd get an end-game-updated database. But it doesn't. The only update is the enemy data for Orphan and Baldander's final form.

Well fuck that shit. :(

Thanks for checking.

hito said:
It's really, really long, alright? And full of big enemies and long Mako-infuriating killing tubes.

I prefer to think of them as "action tunnels." :awesome:

hito said:

Last time I tried that with a chick friend it ended with me getting punched in the face. So I call bullshit.

hito said:
Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen :awesome:

You are not bringing your Jesus Materia, Mako Parasite, "Petting the Chocbo" ways up in this mother fucker too. :awesome:

Seriously, though, with how definitive CloudxTifa is at this point, HopexVanille can be the next hopeless pairing to defend. :monster:

hito said:
Yeah but they're not wearing pink ribbons so it doesn't count.

Oh snap.

hito said:
Fang just lacks tact :monster: If you make me look at it through some lesbian-filter, then things are going to look like that.

All, I'm saying, hito, is that if the game applies a lesbian filter tint to your screen when you first turn it on, it's probably for a reason. :awesomonster:

hito said:
I was hoping for a New Game+ and going through the game again, but there's no NG+. I might still go through it again, wicba and have finished all the end game stuff. Then I promise I will look for lesbianism.

Well, I appreciate that. :monster: Good enough for me.

hito said:
Also I still haven't read the novel, as I haven't decided whether to just read the online one or get the book. But I can only find it on bastardly-expensive-shipping-charges-Amazon.co.jp so will either have to get it there or see if a friend can get it and send it to me or something :monster:

I need more FangxVanille. I think you'll do the right thing. :monster:

hito said:
I never actually thought much of the whole yin-yang thing :awesome:

Admittedly, I'm opening up to the possibility of the idea that there might be something between them, possibly. Maybe.

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/chnhhnbsyp--Stewie-Victory-is-mine

hito said:
You didn't say 'killing tubes' enough, so your Mako-on-FFXIII impression is weak.

Oh snapx2 :awesome:

hito said:
I can't think of what my favourite things about FFXIII was right now :monster: So I'm going to leave it at I liked the world and was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked all the characters, even the ones I didn't think much of before playing it.

That's a good start.

hito said:
You're a master of humour, Vanille :awesome: "It's not linear! Just easy to navigate!"

You should PM that to Mako. XD

hito said:
I was expecting an eviler evil guy to turn up, but unless you count Orphan :monster:

I definitely don't. Cid needed to be the big bad of this.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I'll also call SnowxHope as a yaoi pairing that people will inexplicably jump on. Write that down, SnowxHope will be very popular.

Well, I checked FF.net. On the first page of 25 results, 5 of them are SnowxHope.

I'm good.

To be fair, the other pages further back don't have so much. Then again, the further back pages are fics written before FF13 came out, so take that as you will. LightningxSnow seems popular, but this is not surprising.

What IS surprising is the amount of LightningxNoctis, considering Noctis' game isn't even out yet and he isn't in the same game as Lightning anyway....

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
What IS surprising is the amount of LightningxNoctis, considering Noctis' game isn't even out yet and he isn't in the same game as Lightning anyway....
Your mistake was expecting any semblance of sense from fanfic writers in the first place. They don't use the same logic as everyone else.

If their "deaths" didn't hit me as hard as Tidus' for any reason, it would probably be because at this point, I know not to expect that "dead means dead."
THEY'RE NOT DEAD THEY'RE JUST HAVING A HAPPY CRYSTAL SLEEP.

Don't underestimate the depths heights of not-being-creative they can reach when they really put their minds to it. :awesome:
I'm going to make a game and everyone will be all, "oh noes, a pope! He's evil, I bet!" and then he's save the day/world and people will be all like, "holy shit I didn't see that coming because every video game that came before it had nothing but evil popes!"

And then he'll turn out to be evil really or something because I'm not that creative :awesome:

Honestly, I had assumed he was a crystal before the game began when I first read about Sazh. I was surprised to find he wasn't a crystal all along, so that one didn't get spoiled for me. XD
I still think it shouldn't have been there :awesome:

I know you gave Jihl so few scenes, but you still could have not included it. Or you know. Gave Jihl more scenes :awesome:

No kidding! And watch him take out all of Gran Pulse as he collapses. :awesome:
Gran Pulse is a shithole anyway.

XD Damn, hito. I'm sorry it got to you that bad, man. It hit me too, especially after I'd seen the whole story and then saw the ending again.
Well, I saw the ending after going through the whole story like God Square intended, so I might have been more attached to the characters than some Guy who watches scenes out of order and reads spoilers without knowing the rest of the game.

:awesomonster:

Well fuck that shit. :(
Come on now.

If they put this information in the game, how are they going to make a dozen books out of it?

I prefer to think of them as "action tunnels." :awesome:
I prefer to think of them as "narratively-driven interactive passageways" :awesome:

Last time I tried that with a chick friend it ended with me getting punched in the face. So I call bullshit.
It only works for other women.

You perv.

You are not bringing your Jesus Materia, Mako Parasite, "Petting the Chocbo" ways up in this mother fucker too. :awesome:

Seriously, though, with how definitive CloudxTifa is at this point, HopexVanille can be the next hopeless pairing to defend. :monster:
I'm pretty sure Vanille made Hope laugh.

All Fang does is make her thigh cold at one time.

All, I'm saying, hito, is that if the game applies a lesbian filter tint to your screen when you first turn it on, it's probably for a reason. :awesomonster:
I guess I missed something and one of those content warnings on the back of the case actually stands for "lesbians" :awesome:

You should PM that to Mako. XD
I send him letters saying that every day.

I didn't think so.

Cid needed more scenes, but he didn't strike me as being big bad material. Of course, if he had more scenes maybe he would. But I assume those fell into the same hole that doomed Rygdea to a life of cliffhanging-inconclusiveness.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Your mistake was expecting any semblance of sense from fanfic writers in the first place. They don't use the same logic as everyone else.

I write fanfic and I use logics, and know a lot of other authors that do too.

On the other hand, on a large scale you're absolutely right. SesshomaruxKagome will forever confound me, and it has more fics for it on one site than the confirmed canon pairing!

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon

The fact that you are a man nullifies the entire hypothesis :monster: It only works between women that share a bond of trust.

I thought he was going to be the bad guy because, as far as I knew, he was the only bad guy whose design had been supervised by Nomura. He definitely needed many more scenes, if not for the sake of the plot and story, at least for the sake of fanservice, as well as Rygdea and Yaag :awesome:

Well, I checked FF.net. On the first page of 25 results, 5 of them are SnowxHope.

Poor Hope DX Though it could be worse, believe me. I won't name all the possible pairings that come to my mind because I'd feel like opening Pandora's Box :monster:

I still remember when people saw the first official images from the game and expected to have a Lightning/Vanille pairing ala Xena/Gabrielle :monster:

I’m a fanfict writer and I try to use logic, but I confess that some stories/plots/pairings are beyond my comprehension (crack fanficts are out of the discussion :awesome: )

THEY'RE NOT DEAD THEY'RE JUST HAVING A HAPPY CRYSTAL SLEEP.

Then someone tell Lightning and Co. to prepare large amounts of strong, black coffee in case Fang gets out of the wrong side of the bed crystal :awesome:

Top Bottom