Final Fantasy XIII Spoiler Thread (SPOILERS)

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
I'm just gonna say this and throw it out there, but I think people who focus solely on the character interactions of the game tend to miss the point of the game itself.

It's a roleplaying experience. Characters aren't entirely based around other characters, they are built around their own life experiences (EXP, get it?).

So when people tell me that there's a lack of interaction between two characters on a VERY LONG QUEST, I'm gonna say "Nah" to that.

These people are working as a TEAM, a PARTY to accomplish their goals. Team members occasionally make mistakes, they laugh at jokes, they cry when they get hurt, they cast CURE when their friends' HP is low. They comment when a scary boss is nearby.

So when you tell me something like that is "boring", or that it lacks "character development", I'm gonna fully disagree with you.

Part of the journey is growth, learning new abilities, developing a synergy between allies, thinking up tactical strategies.

Maybe to you the Paradigm combination names are just "flavor text", but to me that's the mindset of the party members, what's going in their head when they come up with special attacks and limit breaks or casting spells.

Next time you play an RPG, don't just read it like a book, look at everything that's happening to and around the characters, even on an individual basis.

For example: I believe Cloud Strife genuinely wanted to get stronger, so he went to the Gold Saucer to EARN that Omnislash so he could prove his worth. All his Limit Breaks in Advent Children are proof of that growth and effort.
that's when the player POV comes up, and i have never played a single FF game save for CC. in fact me and my sibs haven't had a console ever, so whenever we were interested in games, we looked at the gameplays online. because of this, we were quite literally forced to look at video games as a story, like a TV show or movie. in addition, we were heavily reliant on characters and their development. and because of our unique upbringing, we had different (and sometimes better) views of the games than regular fans. we thought more on the characters than they ever would. we talked about them with each other. we wrote down plotpoints that would improve them as well.

because i am not a player, i can't argue with your POV at all, in fact it's almost a struggle for me to understand it. for me, i don't care how fun it is playing a game, if it's not interesting in its cast, it has failed to do its job. and as i said before, i was forced to look at the characters even moreso because i didn't fully understand the whole cocoon/l'cie etc environment. is it the fault of S/E or not? doesn't really matter, because it fades away in 13-2 anyway.

so while i would like to continue discussing, i really can't since i have no experience.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
It's fine if you don't, but it wouldn't hurt to start someday. *trying to convert another FF fan to play the games*

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
it's such a shame, i used to enjoy playing games but it seems i just can't get the chance. i haven't sat down and played a game throughly in years upon years. i would like to play 13-2 though, if there's a PC version.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
i meant for free...hehe
------
hey guys am i crazy???? is there a flute version of vanille's theme or not? i could have sworn i heard it a lot throughout the series.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
We have these things called "summer flash sales", you really should look in to them sometime.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Oh, speaking of Flash sales... there's a Steam one going on right now.

FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns aren't on sale but 20 bucks a game is pretty cheap if you ask me.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
The gamepass version has a new feature! They added the option to exit the game from the menu. Aside from that it seems to be the same as the regular steam release.
Seems to also have more stable performance compared to Steam version.
Someone should ambush Kitase and/or Toriyama in public and ask them why they're denying Sony users FFXIII and why they hate us. :awesome:
Or ask Sony for a PS3 recompiler-VM-mix to be included on the PS5.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
me with no xbox or gaming pc

CdIGa7c.jpeg

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Been watching people play on Twitch and I always found it funny at how the Pulse l"cie of the past failed the most basic foci.

I understand NOT wanting to fight an Adamanchelid buuut come on you can't kill a crazy machine?

I also blame the fal'Cie for giving them the craziest missions out of spite.

Also I wish there was something that determined what cie'th a person changed into.

Last edited:
Top Bottom