• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I may be wrong but I think the dude said that both games would be for PS3 and PS4, meaning KH3 and FFXV. Don't quote me on that one though.

He definitely said that FFXV would be available for both consoles though, so I guess the PS3 can handle that stuff. I'm sure it looks less intense when all the incredible parts aren't spliced together. :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Wait, what? Really?

Then what's Tres pissy about?

If this news is correct, then Tres is being pissy about nothing.

I haven't seen much from E3, but the bit that I saw only mentioned KHIII and XVersus being for the PS4. Does anyone have some footage to confirm this?

I need to know before Wednesday night and my righteous rant on the podcast. :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

Skip to 50:30 and wait for the announcement for PS4 and PS3. Sorry I couldn't find a shorter video they all seem to cut short before it.

EDIT: Nevermind I am a liar, he says 14. Boy that's confusing, 14 wasn't even shown. Sorry to get everybody's hopes up!

Lex

Administrator
I may be wrong but I think the dude said that both games would be for PS3 and PS4, meaning KH3 and FFXV. Don't quote me on that one though.

He definitely said that FFXV would be available for both consoles though, so I guess the PS3 can handle that stuff. I'm sure it looks less intense when all the incredible parts aren't spliced together. :monster:

These games were shown during a PS4 segment, and he said they were both coming to PS4. He didn't say anything about the PS3, so unfortunately it's very unlikely either of them are for PS3. Especially when you look at the graphics - that's mostly real time, not pre-rendered. The PS3 would never be able to handle that.

His exact words are "Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, coming to PS4".

edit: Ninja'd.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
All I know is:

---Final Fantasy XV will be on the console it set out to be (even if the name changed)

---BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma is on schedule for the SAME console.

---Guilty Gear Xrd is running on Unreal Engine 3 (same as Batman: Arkham City/Arkham Origins) so it will likely be on PS3 as well!!! (I sincerly hope so!)

....and these are all games I was HYPED FOR when I first bought a Playstation 3!!!

It's a good day to own a Sony console! It feels like I'm back in the 1990s again.

Lex

Administrator
How do you know XV is coming out for PS3? Where are you getting that information from and why do you trust it when the conference seems to say otherwise?

I hope it does obviously, I'm just genuinely curious.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
am I the only one thinking that SE is hinting at FF VII a bit at the end with´´The legend meets its match´´?
I certainly hope the legend meets its fucking match considering its match took 7 fucking years to show up. And also everything FF has been donkey balls lately.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
If it's true that that's what they're implying then I'd have to disagree this early.

Not that I think VII is the best evarr, but for one it didn't take forever to develop, nor pissed off a load of fans. :awesome:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Well, at least XV's opening premise of "Where did the heir of the country we're taking over go?" looks like it won't be as linear as XIII's "in 13 days the world as we knew it ended" premise...

and was it just me or did one of the airships look reminiscent of Alexander... and yey! normal-looking summons again... I did not like XIII's mecha-summons... and I'm digging the architecture style this time around...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, that was one badass trailer. I'm thinking this game will be a definitely play.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
The turn of events was predictable. I hope it doesn't take another 7 years to release the actual fucking game, along with Kingdom hearts 3. God damn, I should have had closure with KH back in 2009!!!

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
1660820-SGMZTJG.png

Look at this whitefest tho, I just realized. Every. Single. One.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Well, that was one badass trailer.
I agree, but it's been a long time since badass was the thing I looked for in my games. Nowadays I prefer interesting, involving, unexpected. The same goes for films. XV looks like the big Hollywood blockbuster that, unfortunately, is trying too hard to be cool. I'm not sure I'd have even guessed it was an RPG from the trailer. Perhaps the plot and characters will have enough depth to make up for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Or, as Pixel put it in not so many words in another thread:
Just hope it feels like FF.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
feel kind of cheated out of an final fantasy 15 that looks interesting but whatever

jpop yaoi-baiting sausagefest stopped being my thing in 8th grade

Elisa Maza

Whomst
In the end, I'm glad that this game got the XIII title off itself. I've come to a point where I loathe anything that has to do with the Lightning franchise. And I won't even care if XV is bad.

I'm going to enjoy being excited for FFXV even if it does turn out to be a crock in the end.

I'm disappointed by the fact that the cast all look alike, though. It's funny how when the characters were just blocks they managed to inject them with so much variety and personality, and now that they have these incredibly detailed graphics the characters all look like they're related to each other. (Unless they are????) Or is it just that all good-looking people look the same? I'm also really disappointed in the lack of women and the lack of badass older women.

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
Versus finally ! It does look really promising however I really do miss the 3 to 5 people in a party and just working together rather than this one-on-one thing.

:sadpanda:

Fangu

Great Old One
Omg I can't believe it is happening. Slightly sad XV is gonna be Versus and not something new, but I'm sure it'll be interesting enough for a main series game.

@ Lic, my first thoughts as well (sausage fest etc), although I don't think they look that much alike. I'm sad there's not more women in there - an interesting game, to me, must include interesting women. But then I remembered we do after all get a new Lightning game with a 100% female protagonist. That's more than the other producers at E3 can present.

Ghost X

Maybe they're trying to be all Mass Effect in their RPG-making now, in regards to it not having the feel of the old FFs with multiple members in a party etc. I don't want it to be Kingdom Hearts. As far as it being the universe of XIII still, that's not the impression I got from something I read recently. Feel free to disregard this since I can't find the source, but I understand there has been a major overhaul of the story.

Top Bottom