Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Splintered

unsavory tart
tumblr_mo7pom4h9T1ruoqiuo7_250.png

This character? I thought he was a guy?

And there you go, officially multiplatform.
I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised? If Versus was exclusive that would quite a feather in Sony's cap but ah well.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
There's a blonde on the left that I thought really looks like a girl. I know that's no guarantee with jrpgs, but...

According to the Great List of Console JRPG Cliches, a jrpg always has either one or three women. They haven't broken that as far as I can remember, I doubt they'll do it now. No way they stop at 2; I predict three girls :monster:

I think two so far; but, perhaps you're right, because with the older trailer (if that's even still being kept in the story) there was a female dragoon. The two women, both on the right side of the portrait bars (right from the hooded character), for lack of better word(s), have been shown so far.

The black haired woman and then Stella. As for that blond, I am sure it's a he.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
I'm willing to bet my nonexistent millions that that blonde is a he.

And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed by the character designs. It's a sausage fest--and a bland one at that.

Noctis in particular doesn't look like he belongs to the game, nor a royalty. I'm sure there's going to be some sort of explanation in-game but to me this just screams "Main hero! Should look like a heartthrob" more than anything. >_>

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Wait no, I was saying Final Fantasy has strong female characters.

But Versus doesn't and that's a shame they are leaving it out. Because you know, legacy.

What's going on?

In an earlier post I remembered you mentioned that "sadly Final Fantasy doesn't have strong female protagonists." I was confused but then it turns out to be a simple typo.

Again it's too early to decide but there were too many men in the roster so far, and.... it seems this FF has no teen characters.

I remembered Versus was supposed to be violent right? Then I'm expecting a mature storyline here.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Comparing her face to Hope, (lul, sorry) she doesn't look as young -- maybe 18?

I'm pretty sure Shotgun's a guy.

I just had a horrible thought -- what if this is all just a big herring and we have to wait another 7 years for more info? :awesome:

laurence

Pro Adventurer
New details on XV from the SE private event

Looks like it will be more male focused game but Square Enix will follow fans’ feedback.

It felt natural to bring the game for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as long as Final Fantasy XIII and XI were already released for both consoles.

The game will be very action based and less RPG. They feel that the new direction fits better to XV. Every FF is different, right?

Releasing sequels for XV is possible because the universe of the game is huge.

The main staff of Versus didn’t change significantly after changing the title number and moving to the next-gen development.

In new trailer Noctis is swimming underwater in the leviathan battle scene.

The city looks like a modern city with Venetian like architecture.

Stealth will likely be included in the game like in Lightning Returns.

The combat is very similar to Kingdom Hearts.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Releasing sequels for XV is possible because the universe of the game is huge.

Okay no. Stop. Stop right the fuck here, Square-Enix.

The game has been in development for over seven years. You don't get to think about fucking SEQUELS until you are fucking DONE. :@

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
They're so sure that it's gonna make a good cash cow

Goes to show what their priorities are

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Okay no. Stop. Stop right the fuck here, Square-Enix.

The game has been in development for over seven years. You don't get to think about fucking SEQUELS until you are fucking DONE. :@

In fairness, they were asked. And their answer was pretty noncommittal.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Next question: is FFXV the start of a series, a la FFXIII? Hashimoto says more information will come at a later time, but notes that because FFXV is so large, "many stories may come at a later time" (implying spin-offs or DLC or something.)
Lulz :oscar:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Okay...so I jumped the gun a bit for FFXV being on not just PS4 but PS3 as well (though the interview says Versus was running on PS3 and that it could be ported via Direct X 11).

The way they phrased it for FFXIV made me think otherwise.

But gosh darnit, they should at least consider making a PS3 port.

I could cope with lesser graphics/framerates if only to get the game I always was hoping to get.

I'd settle for Noctis in Dissidia if it came to that, besides.

Last edited:

laurence

Pro Adventurer
It's in Square's best interest to produce sequels or prequels/DLCs. People will buy them, even the ones that complain about it. I personally don't mind as long as they're good, but I'd generally prefer a completely different title.

But gosh darnit, they should at least consider making a PS3 port.
I would think that releasing XV on ps3 and the 360 as well would be a good strategy both for profits and fans, especially since the game was being developed for one of those platforms in the first place.
Konami and other developers are doing it (MGSV, Watchdogs, the evil within, AC to name a few...). Some challenging technical issues must've halted SE to take the same path, but I'd like to know some other reasons as well.

Top Bottom