Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
While I technically agree with what ForceStealer says, I'm of the impression that there's more to this story that hasn't been told yet... especially from Ardyn's point of view.

While Bahamut might be considered the "ersatz villain" in this instance, there was a mysterious voice referencing the Gods... as if they were something beyond even the great Summons or even the Knights of the Round...

Which leads me back to thoughts on Nova Crystalis, though it has it's own shape in this one instance.

Consider for a moment, if Ardyn WAS of the Line of Kings... why couldn't they sacrifice HIS life instead? He was of the same bloodline... Starscourge or not.

I get the impression that Ardyn will get a "Verse 2" later on as well!

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Consider for a moment, if Ardyn WAS of the Line of Kings... why couldn't they sacrifice HIS life instead? He was of the same bloodline... Starscourge or not.

I get the impression that Ardyn will get a "Verse 2" later on as well!

My thinking was that Ardyn
chose to absorb the Daemons into his body instead of doing what he was meant to do that ended up Noctis to end the Starscourge for good, as his own alternative in saving Eos from the darkness.

But, because of Ardyn's jealous brother-who I think is named Izunia that Ardyn picked as his adoptive surname and is also Noct's ancestor-he saw this as not only a curse to the world, but also an oppotunity to dethrone Ardyn and take his place as King and even the Crystal and the Astrals, who probably couldn't read the guy's mind, saw what Ardyn had done as a mistake and casted him out.

To me, what Ardyn did is just like how in the Original Anime of Sailor Moon ended up with Galaxia absorbing Chaos into her body but couldn't destroy it like she wanted to due to it being far too powerful and it corrupted her until Sailor Moon freed her with the Silver Crystal and hope, and saving the world.

Though, I had thought that, whether Arydn did chose to die instead of doing what he did to turn into a real nasty bad guy with a nasty personality, his brother would still be ruler either way in both cases.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
That shot of the daemons advancing on the bros and Luna descending behind Noct, trident in hand. :)

Ardyn ....

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
Finally after playing a beta now we will play the full game?:monster:
Joking aside, it would have been better to make this "Royal still not complete Edition" once the dlc of this year came out. It would have made more sense.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Minimum 100gb, recommended 155gb for the steam version. I heard there was going to be a boxed version too.

It’s not clear, but is the Pc version also the royal edition? That’s the only incentive to buy them.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So mow much does the Royal edition cost for people who haven't bought the game yet? Not thrilled about that $20 price tag...

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
$20 to have god-like Anime Armiger Sword powers? Sounds like a fair deal to me.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Press release

Also, Windows Edition trailer

Man... I am incredibly jealous of that First Person camera. It'd be REALLY neat to do a NG+ properly embedded in the world and walking through it.

Also, I'm really liking that it looks like they have a nice tie-in to Comrades. Can't wait to take out all the extra bosses. Am equally excited about the Archive being like the Bestiary for FFXV lore shit. Pretty sure Tres will be scouring the globe for every scrap of it ASAP. ;)

X :neo:

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
*Here comes grumpy 'XV didnt impress me much' Claymore to the party*

Seriously though, is this like the 5th version of the game? And that is only so far, since there has to be another final version (as has been mentioned) with all the DLC. Ugh.

And we have to pay to upgrade? No early adopter shit?

Having said that though (and bringing balance to my post) the first person camera mode IS interesting.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
So if you buy this edition of the game without having bought any before.... it comes with the full game, and alllll of this content, for just $50?
Or is it $50 for just these add-ons and then you still gotta buy the game? :wacky:
It's the former.

Also Square Enix recently confirmed that the Royal Pack (not be confuse with the Royal Edition, this an update for those who already bought the game) pricing is still being determined.
https://gamerescape.com/2018/01/16/final-fantasy-xv-royal-edition-announced/

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Man... I am incredibly jealous of that First Person camera. It'd be REALLY neat to do a NG+ properly embedded in the world and walking through it.

The press release claims the first-person camera mode will be available for us console people too, so unless that's an error, you won't need to be jealous. :monster:

X said:
Also, I'm really liking that it looks like they have a nice tie-in to Comrades. Can't wait to take out all the extra bosses. Am equally excited about the Archive being like the Bestiary for FFXV lore shit. Pretty sure Tres will be scouring the globe for every scrap of it ASAP. ;)
Does that sound like me? :monster:

*Here comes grumpy 'XV didnt impress me much' Claymore to the party*

Seriously though, is this like the 5th version of the game? And that is only so far, since there has to be another final version (as has been mentioned) with all the DLC. Ugh.

I'm not sure I follow your meaning for "version." Are you going by releases or story? This will really only be the second release date for the (a?) full game, though the Pocket Edition (whenever that comes along) will make three.

Now, if you're looking at the story and wanted to be really particular about it, one could maybe argue for five versions that way. Chapter 12 was certainly outright changed by one of the updates, for instance, and more than one alternate timeline is known to exist.

Claymore said:
Having said that though (and bringing balance to my post) the first person camera mode IS interesting.
It certainly is!

So if you buy this edition of the game without having bought any before.... it comes with the full game, and alllll of this content, for just $50?
Yep. A sweet deal for latecomers. :monster:

Also Square Enix recently confirmed that the Royal Pack (not be confuse with the Royal Edition, this an update for those who already bought the game) pricing is still being determined.
https://gamerescape.com/2018/01/16/final-fantasy-xv-royal-edition-announced/
Odd. The press release specified $19.99. Perhaps they're changing their minds since there seems to be a lot of discontent about that?

[EDIT: Seems they went and edited the $19.99 price tag out of the press release.]

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Awfully pricey just for an upgrade for a game like FFXV. Wouldn't be better to make a prequel or something if they want to keep on going with the FFXV universe instead of just continue to add in content within the story itself?

Or a full-on side game like Monster of the Deep, or a complete Alternate Universe optains for players to make choices-kinda like those flip through pages books with multiple endings?....On second thought, forget that idea. That would just end up being another FFXIII-2.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So, there was a reason I could not sleep last night, and it was so I could stay up and watch this trailer drop and subsequently cry freak out afterwards.

Older Cor guys.

OLDER. FUCKING. COR.

tumblr_inline_p2n2exkQXC1spqce3_500.jpg

God DAMN my panties hit the floor so hard they ended up in fucking China. Fucking hell.

Everything else is cool, but this was the only thing I gave a flying fuck about last night, as evidenced in the Discord chat.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Yep. A sweet deal for latecomers. :monster:

Damn, that's for sure :monster: I don't like that $20 price tag for these updates. They look really good but.... I feel like that's a bit much for people to spend when they've likely already paid for a $60 game. But maybe I'm a bit old fashioned. Anyways, I can't spend this moola right now so I guess I'll wait til late this year or.... maybe if there's a price drop for this someday.

Top Bottom