Final Fantasy XV (was Versus XIII)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
.... Uhhh... That's a bit much. I love the book and art design of it all but that's not worth 200 bucks.

It seems they're heavily overvaluing the acrylic display and designer case. Like, I don't mind high end collectibles but that's simply absurd. There's no way such mass produced products will fetch anything close to that value. It's all acrylic and plastic for a glorified art and interview lore book, that will more than likely have it's contents leaked online. XV's popular but I'm highly skeptical demand will sustain that special edition's value, let alone exceed it.

Sometimes I wonder about Square's collectors logic.

Maybe if they use the profits from that collector's edition to release those cancelled DLC episodes, I'd buy it :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I assume Kingsglaive is gonna be an 1080p/2K upscale. Which isn't uncommon for most 4K releases still. :monster:
Usually for the 2K upscales it's the HDR that still makes the purchase worth it.
That being said, I'm not crazy enough about Kingsglaive that I'd buy it again.

And Advent Children can fuck right off with its mostly upscaled 480p footage, if they ever do that in 4K they better re-render the movie to justify that. Although I wouldn't put it past them to have displaced the original files altogether. Wouldn't be the first time.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I doubt they would lose the original files for a film. Considering that was done entirely separately from their video game division, they wouldn't have need to crunch the data and save space. That's an entire intellectual property and work that they probably used as reference for other films like Kingsglaive.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
I guess I won't have Castillian version. Pity. The voices were really good. They didn't hire the usual anime bunch you find in Sgt Frog, for example and realities, those were top notch voices.

Thanks, I've realised that!
Maybe it's because I'm a parent, but that opening scene with Noctis and Regis made me cry. Regis sending his son away knowing in his heart he will never see Noctis again; Noctis keeping it casual because that's his style, and he's eager to get on the road with his pals, and he hasn't grasped that his father is dying. None of them know the seriousness of their situation. They're just kids, even Ignis. It's really moving.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Thanks, I've realised that!
Maybe it's because I'm a parent, but that opening scene with Noctis and Regis made me cry. Regis sending his son away knowing in his heart he will never see Noctis again; Noctis keeping it casual because that's his style, and he's eager to get on the road with his pals, and he hasn't grasped that his father is dying. None of them know the seriousness of their situation. They're just kids, even Ignis. It's really moving.

For me it's also the "Drautos, he's in your hands!", not knowing what would happen the following day. It's a pity they never explored in game the ramifications of having half your army turning on you.

Top Bottom