Game of Thrones

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
i didnt mind him in season one as much as most people?? idk but he should certainly shine more this season
it's gonna be great

game of thrones more like gay of thrones amirite

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
i didnt mind him in season one as much as most people?? idk but he should certainly shine more this season
it's gonna be great

Eh, in the books, Renly was portrayed as a younger version of Robert, albeit more dashing and charismatic.

In the show, he was a foppy nancy boy who flinched at the sight of his own blood. Hopefully, becoming 'king' will give him that new lease of life but I'm expecting more Ho Yay from the looks of it.

Loras wasn't great in the show either. Supposed to be a valiant young knight, yet in the show he was effete and had a girly figure to match.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Loras wasn't great in the show either. Supposed to be a valiant young knight, yet in the show he was effete and had a girly figure to match.
but he's very girly in the books too(like looking almost exactly like margaery). Like in a prettyboy manner but he's pretty much what I would have imagined him to look like. Plus he played the same dirty trick in the books as he did the show, but people still loved him in both.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Pretty sure he's supposed to be a girl in the books too. But as far as I could gather, neither Renly or Loras were flaming homosexuals.

Especially not with that chick around, :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
neitherRenly and Loras were flaming homosexuals.
LORAS WAS VERY MUCH PRETTY GAY IN THE BOOKS AND YEAH ITS A LOT MORE SUBTLE WITH RENLY BUT HIS BROTHER MENTIONS MARG WILL DIE A VIRGIN IN HIS BED WHICH IS SORT OF PRETTY MUCH SAYING yeeeeeeeeah he gay

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
idk i thought renly and loras were the most darling pair in the series... *hasn't read the books*

i mean shit renly is so dang cute i'd love to beard for him.

then again i love my yaois i'm probably the wrong person to ask...

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
LORAS WAS VERY MUCH PRETTY GAY IN THE BOOKS AND YEAH ITS A LOT MORE SUBTLE WITH RENLY BUT HIS BROTHER MENTIONS MARG WILL DIE A VIRGIN IN HIS BED WHICH IS SORT OF PRETTY MUCH SAYING yeeeeeeeeah he gay

not to mention Jaime threatens Loras saying he'd stick his sword "someplace even Renly never found" or something

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
but he's very girly in the books too(like looking almost exactly like margaery). Like in a prettyboy manner but he's pretty much what I would have imagined him to look like. Plus he played the same dirty trick in the books as he did the show, but people still loved him in both.

Loras is indeed supposed to be a pretty boy but he's also a trained knight and champion jouster. His physique did not reveal that, at all. Even I've got moar muscle.

And, yes, it was heavily implied that Renly & Loras were lovers. No problem with that. It's stereotyping them both as girly boys that I take a disliking to.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Loras is indeed supposed to be a pretty boy but he's also a trained knight and champion jouster. His physique did not reveal that, at all. Even I've got moar muscle.
I'm pretty sure the first book mentions his physique does not reveal how good at jousting/being a knight he is? It never mentions anywhere that he's supposed to be this muscular knight, just that he's a very slender, lovely guy.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
I'm pretty sure the first book mentions his physique does not reveal how good at jousting/being a knight he is? It never mentions anywhere that he's supposed to be this muscular knight, just that he's a very slender, lovely guy.

Jaime referred to him as "slender as a reed", I think? Even so, it's possible for someone to have a slender physique and toned muscle, especially under the rigour of knight training. Loras's actor didn't have the figure to match that, at all.

Even less excuse for the show, since he's a grown man and not sixteen years old.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Pretty sure he's supposed to be a girl in the books too. But as far as I could gather, neither Renly or Loras were flaming homosexuals.
Especially not with that chick around, :monster:

dude renly creates a RAINBOW GUARD

also practically everyone in westeros knew he and loras were a thing, i forgot which character says it but when renly insists marg is a virgin they retort that she'll stay that way with him

even cat noticed renly showered loras with more attention than his new bride
not to mention loras' reaction to a certain event i just

these two could not get any gayer if they tried

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
tumblr_m0sl9dVeMY1r3kdor.gif

*u*

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
So I'm in the middle of Blood and Gold (Book 3, Part 2) and...
OMG. I knew the 'Red Wedding' was coming (accidental spoiler) but that made the suspense even more gripping. What is it with the Starks and shooting themselves in the foot? Ned trusting Littlefinger, Catelyn kidnapping Tyrion, and then Robb breaking his vow to the Walders and marrying Jeyne. At least in Robb's defence he was still a naive boy at heart but dayum... these Starks don't make it easy on themselves.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
So I'm in the middle of Blood and Gold (Book 3, Part 2) and...
OMG. I knew the 'Red Wedding' was coming (accidental spoiler) but that made the suspense even more gripping. What is it with the Starks and shooting themselves in the foot? Ned trusting Littlefinger, Catelyn kidnapping Tyrion, and then Robb breaking his vow to the Walders and marrying Jeyne. At least in Robb's defence he was still a naive boy at heart but dayum... these Starks don't make it easy on themselves.

LOL you know when I first read that bit, I was reading pretty fast and light, so I was all "hm dee dum dee dum word play and politics and then Robb got ran through in the chest with a sword hm dee dum WAIT WHAT THE FUCK"

And then I had to go back 2 pages to read the entire thing properly :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
LOL you know when I first read that bit, I was reading pretty fast and light, so I was all "hm dee dum dee dum word play and politics and then Robb got ran through in the chest with a sword hm dee dum WAIT WHAT THE FUCK"

And then I had to go back 2 pages to read the entire thing properly :monster:

:monster: plot twist much?

Seriously, this is why I love this guy. Unexpected plot twists. On the other hand, when you, after reading it for a bit, already presume that
everybody dies, it's not really much of a surprise anymoar :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Oh god yes.
It's easier to assume that everyone's going to die at some point, so the only way Martin was going to make it more interesting was when some of them are coming back to life now :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
ZOMBIE CATELYN

way to go all cliffhanger up in dat shit Martin (in two books)

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
oh fuck

how long before i break down and switch to cersei not long now i think fffffffff

goddamn you lena why are you so perfect

Top Bottom