Game of Thrones

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Wait so how many episodes will this season be

Ghost X

I'm currently on a GoT marathon, hopefully be up to speed by friday, but probably wont' see season 3 for ages :P.

Jiro

Average Jiro
Super excited. I'm gonna have to read the books over my next break, as I'm fucking sick of not knowing what's coming next.

Lex

Administrator
Having a bit of a crisis here. Haven't watched the second half of season 2 but I've read the book. I'm still halfway through book 3 and don't know if I'll be able to finish it by the time the TV show reaches that point. Halp?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Dear lord this show is so bloody good, I can't have enough of it. I'm still watching season 1 but I've read everything and am now caught up with the present storyline. I'm ready to watch the season 3 premiere this Sunday.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Having a bit of a crisis here. Haven't watched the second half of season 2 but I've read the book. I'm still halfway through book 3 and don't know if I'll be able to finish it by the time the TV show reaches that point. Halp?

Book 3 is covered over the course of two seasons. You'll probably make it.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Quite right. As long as you get to a specific event about two-thirds of the way through, you should be fine. The names of the episodes reveal that that specific event is likely to be covered in this season. You'll know what it is when you get to it.

Fangu

Great Old One
Some scenes I hope they cover in the series:

* The wildlings singing that song while on their horses - I loved that scene! Also Ygritte being (more) posessive. She's so awesome when she defends Jon.
* Arya, in one of her usual quarrels with Gendry, talking about moss on the south side of their ears :lol: Oh god she makes me laugh.
* The introduction of Mance Rayder. I thought that was a brilliant way of illustrating how different the wildlings live.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Pretty enjoyable series. Fuck the books. Not gonna read them, haters gonna hate. Books are books and cinema is cinema. And frankly, I enjoy cinema more.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Pretty enjoyable series. Fuck the books. Not gonna read them, haters gonna hate. Books are books and cinema is cinema. And frankly, I enjoy cinema more.
I know how you feel. I do love reading and watching, but watching triumphs for me because there's a visual keeping me more interested. I tend to lose interest in whatever I'm reading more than the visual medium.

As for the show, I CANNOT WAIT. I've heard we're getting a few more minutes per episode, which is incredible. You probably might not notice it at first, but it will amount up.

Can't wait to see Dany reign destruction and more of Tyrion!

Jaime Lannister

Kingslayer
AKA
Kingslayer
WHAT'S GOING ON?
hiZ5BVu.gif

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I know how you feel. I do love reading and watching, but watching triumphs for me because there's a visual keeping me more interested. I tend to lose interest in whatever I'm reading more than the visual medium.

As for the show, I CANNOT WAIT. I've heard we're getting a few more minutes per episode, which is incredible. You probably might not notice it at first, but it will amount up.

Can't wait to see Dany reign destruction and more of Tyrion!

Oh, I know I'll notice.

Fangu

Great Old One
WHAT'S GOING ON?
hiZ5BVu.gif
btw this is my boyfriend trying to be luls.

He failed :monster:

Edit: That gif is hilarious though and we had a good laugh last night. I'm not sure I like what they did to Jaime in the series. He comes off as much more empathic (at least not more evil than any of the other characters) in the books, plus he's hilarious. He has his flaws, as well as the Starks each has their flaws, idk maybe I'm hoping for more of a balance in s3 as they are all human (well maybe except Joff and The Mountain), the Starks are by no means "the good guys". They might mean well but they mess up, and it ends up hurting other people.

Oh and re: the books, I'm not hating on anyone who hasn't read them. Different media require different storytelling, and I think they do everything they do with the show for a purpose. You have to change certain stuff to make a good show. There are a lot of differences, but they don't make the show lose track. Also some stuff would simply be too costly to film and can be solved different without getting the story off track, and so far everything (or, well, most of it) they've done I approve. I know this thread is entitled "HBO version" but I find it interesting to compare the two stories, plus the show is based on the books without a doubt and there are stuff in the books I would really love to see on screen. I saw some teaser gifs and images from season 3 and hooray, I recognized several scenes which I am very excited to see how they've set up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom