Game of Thrones

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I maed poast in the wrong thread :( It was supposed to be in the Doctor Who thrad :monster: I'll fix it now

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The white raven is in Book II to signify the coming of Fall. It was in S02E01 but only for a second. In the book it's made almost as big a deal as the comet.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah, except unlike the comet they don't spend entire pages wondering about what it means :monster:

The sending of the white raven is a relatively straightforward event, kinda like the whole "THREE HORN BLASTS = WHITE WALKERS RUN FOR THE WALL" schtick (although I gotta admit the whole cliffhanger thing the last book left it all on gave me the chills).

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Up crossover:

543214_537041842991940_1747653_n.jpg

Poor Dug :(

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V

Actual footage is coming during the Boardwalk Empire finale, apparently, according to Martin's Not a Blog.

Anyone even remotely familiar with the books knows that some truly badass shit is about to go down over the next two seasons. Brace yourselves.

Lex

Administrator
Ugh, this means I need to finish the third book soon. Should probably finish the rest of the books too, as well as finally watching the second half of Season 2. Certain events during a certain apparently friendly meeting in the middle of the third book made me drop ASOIAF like a sack of rotten potatoes... or something more disgusting.

I need motivation to plough on.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
For what it's worth, a bunch of far less depressing things happen towards the end of the book.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think I need to reread the books, since most of my memories of the story have now faded into an incomprehensible blur of angry and sad

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The other books are still good. Other people will argue that they're not, but those people are wrong. The problem a lot of people have is that ASoIaF isn't like a lot of other series; it is essentially the story of two conflicts, and the first one is wrapped up with ASoS. The books after it show what leads up to the development of the second conflict, much as AGoT showed what led up to the War of the Five Kings; thus, AFfC and ADwD introduce a ton of new characters and settings that were not even hinted at in the previous books. Most people aren't used to series progressing like that, so they think the books are bad. They aren't; they just don't maintain the pace of ASoS. But then, it would have been very difficult to sustain that pace after the events at the end of that book. After you read it, you'll understand why.

Lex

Administrator
OK, excited now. I'll add it to my list of things to do when I have free time at the end of this week until January. Woooo.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Not Game of Thrones-related but likely to be of interest to everyone who likes the show and/or books:

Lonely Paper Star

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Pitye, Elcyion Pitye, Happy Little Rebellion,
Basically just wanted to comment in this thread about my excitement over the upcoming season. Shit is going to hit the fannnn~

I still need to read A Dance With Dragons. I guess that'll be at the top of my Christmas list. Not paying for that big thing. (I know the e-book is much cheaper than the regular book, but I'm not ready to convert yet D: )

I've been visiting winteriscoming.net from time-to-time, and it seems that they're
adding new characters not in the book or will somehow be replacing existing ones.
What's up with that? D:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
They may just be renaming some characters, but really I have no idea.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
(I know the e-book is much cheaper than the regular book, but I'm not ready to convert yet D: )

Honestly, do not get the ebook unless you pirate it. Seriously. Buy it from party X? Won't work on devices from party Y due to file format and DRM. And you can't resell it, lend it out to a friend (unless you lend out your E-reader), or have your children inherit it in the case of your death.

Same goes for music, apps, all that nonphysical stuff that basically gets linked to an account of sorts. I seriously recommend against supporting that crap in favor of physical goods that do not have these restrictions or vendor lock-in problems.

[/rant]

Lonely Paper Star

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Pitye, Elcyion Pitye, Happy Little Rebellion,
Well, that's all right with me, then. I feel more accomplished in finishing a physical book, which, of course, are easier to lend out and sell back. XD

Top Bottom