Gears of War 3

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The achievements for RAAM's Shadow are up, which hint at a few things:

-Command center has multiple forms, including HoD (duh, but it has an achievement; seems to indicate that you specify what type of center you make when you build it? or maybe level up, idk)
-New weapon/vehicle called "loader" (guessing this is the thing in the campaign?)
-MP characters are Barrick, Tai (FUCK YEAH), Minh, and Valera (and two others that aren't named)
-Maulers now have the ability to kill Gears by reflecting bullets with their shields (Beast only?)

Also, there's one for beating the first ten waves of horde as Zeta Squad (the aforementioned + that tard Jace)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
So far, looks like the birthday boy, Dacon, Kat, and me.

only two of us drinking bawwww

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
If there's room, and someone else doesn't come along, I can join. I may or may not drink, lol.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
http://www.examiner.com/console-gam...-mission-impossible-for-an-impossible-mission

“Gears of War 3 Versus Booster Map Pack” Available for Free on Thanksgiving, Presented by “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”

The teams at Epic Games and Microsoft Studios are celebrating Thanksgiving with a gift for “Gears of War 3” fans – the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol “Versus Booster Map Pack,” available for free this Thursday (Nov. 24) on Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Presented by Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Paramount Pictures’ action-packed spy adventure in theaters Dec. 21, the “Versus Booster Map Pack” will feature five new maps available in social matchmaking playlists – two brand new maps, Bullet Marsh and Clocktower, as well as Azura, Rustlung and Blood Drive from the “Horde Command Pack.”

The teams at Paramount Pictures and Epic Games have created a new “Impossible Mission” for “Gears of War 3” owners to tackle. US players who watch the Mission: Impossible trailer and then complete the “Gears of War 3” campaign on Insane Difficulty by Dec. 25, 2011 either in single or multiplayer mode will unlock the exclusive Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol Weapon Skin Pack. The “Impossible Mission” 5-pack includes a “Ghost Protocol” Lancer, Hammerburst, Retro Lancer, Gnasher Shotgun and Sawed-off Shotgun. All players in the US who register and attempt to complete the campaign on Insane Difficulty will have a chance to win prizes, but only those who accomplish “Impossible Mission” by the deadline will receive the exclusive weapons pack. Those in the US who have already completed the campaign on Insane will automatically receive the weapon skin pack on Dec. 31.

Starting Nov. 24, gamers who visit the Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol experience on Xbox LIVE can enter to win “Gears of War 3” and Mission: Impossible prizing. The grand prize is an ultimate home theater package including a Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocolcustom Xbox 360 slim with Kinect, 50” HDTV, 5.1 digital HD home theater system, and theMission: Impossible complete DVD series. To enter, gamers can either watch the movie trailer on Xbox Live, text “Ghost Protocol” to 72579, or download the free Mission: Impossible Gamer Pic & Theme pack. Each activity will gain gamers one extra entry into the sweepstakes. Full details and restrictions will be available in Official Rules presented in theMission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol experience.

So jump on Xbox LIVE and spend your Thanksgiving devouring these new action-packed maps!

Whelp, Impossible Mission has already been completed for some of us :P

The new maps might be interesting, though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Untitled-23.jpg

Untitled-16_0.jpg

Untitled-11_0.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

Untitled-07.jpg

Untitled-25.jpg

Untitled-26.jpg

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Hot damn, Zeta squad are looking pretty boss right there.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Who knows, maybe miss blandface mcgee will actually have a lot of character once we actually see her in action, spouting one liners.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Tai definitely has a completely different character model. The armour is a different colour (its kind of beige-ish) and he's definitely looking much more slim.

I can see the character models on the character select screen on my game, which is weird. Its also giving me the option to buy the RAAM's Shadow expansion pack for somewhere in the region of 4 million MS points.

Again, weird.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Finally got to play this during the forum's down time (the two are in no way related! :awesome:) -- wow.

My brother-in-law and I went through it in a single night. We just couldn't stop playing the damn thing.

Great campaign mode. It was a blast to play through, with some really exhilirating sequences. The final scenario of the game was one of the best thrill rides I've had with a game, and definitely the best with a game of Gears's type.

And it was awesome that we didn't have to spend most of the game underground this time.

The story left a little bit to be desired with explaining the queen and what exactly the Emulsion was, though. I know it's a living organism, but I'd been wondering since the second game came out if -- since this shit comes out of the planet -- maybe it was something like a Lifestream and perhaps Sera didn't care for either the Locusts or the regular humans.

I think that would have been an ironic twist on the whole thing, but perhaps it's one of those things better left to the imaginations of the players.

And, yeah, like the rest of you guys, Dom's death scene hit me hard too. Rest in peace, yo.

BROTHERS TO THE END

Top Bottom