Gears of War 3

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Here's the trailer from Faillon's show:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ashes-to-gears-of-war/64418

But more importantly, Rob Ferguson revealed some details on the game on epic's forum:

Campaign Information​
Features

• Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters"
Story

• Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book
  • The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.
Weapons

• The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
  • A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lee Perry
    FWIW, that weapon didn't exist until several hundred pages of the shotgun mechanic thread. That doesn't really give much away, considering the VAST amount of conflicting opinions in that thread; but the opinions in that thread definitely helped shape the weapon.

Haha, I wonder if we could have made a trailer with basically a slow camera pan down a new shotgun and had about the same amount of interest from existing players, hahha.

Characters

• Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
  • Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.
Enemies

• Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.

Holy shit my wish has been granted all over my face.

WHERE ARE MY BROS AT?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Wouldn't call the characters 'unique' but 4-player co-op sure as hell is welcome. Seems like the only way to make widowers look depressed is to give them big depression-beards these days. :monster:

But yes, this was probably coming a mile away but still quite over nine thousand. And Anya now looks absolute fucking badass. YUS

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
If you're playing Gears for unique characters what the fook is wrong with you.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah that's my point why would you use that word

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Hell yes, finally a female character to own bitches with.
COME ONNNN CO-OP

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Dibs on Anya Stroud as a username change next year :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah that's my point why would you use that word

In this case, it means 'pre-defined character with face' and not 'generic drone seven', rather than suggesting there's much originality in the Gears characters in the first place.

Carnage

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Andrew.
I'm absolutely STOKED for Gears 3. I played Gears 2 pretty much 24/7. Couldn't be more excited for this.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Three things.

One - four player co-op? FUCK YEAH

Two - I hope there's a new character for me, because mine died. ;.;

Three - For Horde [mode]?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I think I'll call dibs on one of the "variety of other characters".

Unless my ghost comes back for saying weird shit and pwning.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've only played the first on singleplayer, and cut my brother up with a chainsaw in splitscreen.

May I note that splitscreen sucks, by the way? Four-way splitscreen would suck even more.

Todo: Get 360
Todo: Get GoW 2

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Two - I hope there's a new character for me, because mine died. ;.;
I bet you any money that Tai and Dizzy will be back in multiplayer this time around too.

You're not going anywhere Tai.

Dacon is still Cole.

Delta Squad will rise again TLS, you have my word.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
In another fricking year =="

I heard somewhere that the trailer was probably a response to the leaked announcement. Amirite?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've only played the first on singleplayer, and cut my brother up with a chainsaw in splitscreen.

May I note that splitscreen sucks, by the way? Four-way splitscreen would suck even more.

Todo: Get 360
Todo: Get GoW 2
There is no 4p splitscreen. It's two and two. Splitscreen is also awesum on huge TV. I like it slightly better than solo on huge TV, somehow. =/

Also, you damn right you gettin' it boi

I bet you any money that Tai and Dizzy will be back in multiplayer this time around too.

You're not going anywhere Tai.

Dacon is still Cole.

Delta Squad will rise again TLS, you have my word.
BUT WHAT IF HE'S NOT? NO MORE BAD OMENS ;.;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
A. Carmine or B.Carmine may get cut from the multiplayer what with C.Carmine coming in :monster:
It would be annoying having 3 different characters all with pretty much the same lines and voice :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Here's the trailer from Faillon's show:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ashes-to-gears-of-war/64418

But more importantly, Rob Ferguson revealed some details on the game on epic's forum:

Holy shit my wish has been granted all over my face.

WHERE ARE MY BROS AT?

Liked the trailer, kinda knew they would play heavily on Dom's fall from Grace although for some reason they cut off Marcus's sleeves and he appears younger than in the original 2 games lol.
The addition of Anya is great i just hope they play some more of the love debaticle between her and Marcus.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I hope they don't play the drama overboard again though.

I want balls to the wall hardcore action.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Delta Squad, we must schedule a time to kick some ass in the near future. We will be legends by the time GoW3 is here!

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
I hope they don't play the drama overboard again though.

I want balls to the wall hardcore action.
You mean like another scene with cole running through walls tackling locusts and then shooting fuck out them?
Or perhaps another cole train announcement to get all the enemies worked up :awesome:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Old siht could get old though, even if it is Gears. D;
Needs more new creative Cole Train ideas.

Also why does he have a banner it's not like it makes him any more awesome

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Also why does he have a banner it's not like it makes him any more awesome

It's for America. In italics for dramatic emphasis.

Goddamn nationalists. Gears of War needs an additional infusion of Balls of Steel. Bring on Duke Nukem, beer, tits, bikes, and more gruff butch voices.

Top Bottom