General Anime Thread

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
This was a show I might continue watching. It's weird because the mangaka's style and Shaft really should not compliment each other, but it worked. Although I heard some fans get really upset because it was too different. But at least it was interesting.
For having checked the manga after beginning watching the anime, the anime is actually very faithful to the manga (especially since the mangaka made a few watercolor illustrations) both visually and story-wise. If "fans get upset because it's different", I'd think these fans are beyond help.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I remember seeing some random Russian figure skater on Twitter cosplaying as some character from Yuri On Ice, shit was weird :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Fingers non-splayed to prevent being sued out the butt :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
For all those Attack on Titan Fans - There are spoilers in this trailer, you have been warned. Just turn off subtitles and you'll be fine however.

Last edited:
Finished watching Keijo!!!!!!!!. The creativity and madness put into all those boob and butt attacks made my jaw drop in every episode, which is impressive considering how much sports-anime madness I have already seen. A beautiful and funny show.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
General Anime Thread 2017

The winter 2017 anime season began just a few days but better later than never, discuss everything and anything about anime shows that will be airing throughout 2017.

I´m personally looking forward to Little Witch Academia TV series, airing in just 2 days :wacky:!!

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Personally at least I'm continuing with March comes in like a lion, which continues being great, despite the new opening and credits soundtracks being actually bad (the singer of the opening track has a voice for silent films).

Other than that, I finally watched Madoka Magica Rebellion, the sequel to the original story. While I can't say it's really
(a bit too convoluted, IMO)
, I didn't like it,
when Homura turns into a villain, it felt like "let's insert a shocking plot-twist for the sake of having a shocking plot-twist", which very much felt at odds with her character
. I found it very unsatisfying.
where the original story is better off without the sequel

Btw, should this thread be merged with the 2016 anime thread? Or made sticky?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Personally at least I'm continuing with March comes in like a lion, which continues being great, despite the new opening and credits soundtracks being actually bad (the singer of the opening track has a voice for silent films).

Other than that, I finally watched Madoka Magica Rebellion, the sequel to the original story. While I can't say it's really
(a bit too convoluted, IMO)
, I didn't like it,
when Homura turns into a villain, it felt like "let's insert a shocking plot-twist for the sake of having a shocking plot-twist", which very much felt at odds with her character
. I found it very unsatisfying.
where the original story is better off without the sequel

Btw, should this thread be merged with the 2016 anime thread? Or made sticky?

Merged with the other thread. Could you contact a mod to do it?

Absorbed some culture by watching Ghost in the Shell for the first time. The philosophies were expressed clearly enough. What I could not follow were all the complicated politics that happened at a lightning pace. The high-brow nature of the film makes it simultaneously enjoyable and frustrating: Enjoyable because you see the genuine effort, frustrating because sometimes the movie is yelling at you "WOAH DUDE LOOK AT ALL THE DEEP SYMBOLISM MAAAAN". :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Might be worthwhile looking up some videos / articles that try and explain / summarize it. I know I need that for most media nowadays, :monster:

Which is probably why I've grown to appreciate 10-second 'fail' clips and dank meme compilation on youtubes. The latter of which is usually some random clip from a cartoon or Pixar movie with loud screeching, :monster:

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
The winter 2017 anime season began just a few days but better later than never, discuss everything and anything about anime shows that will be airing throughout 2017.

I´m personally looking forward to Little Witch Academia TV series, airing in just 2 days :wacky:!!

As a backer for LWA Enchanted Parade, you bet I'm watching this. I'm liking it so far ^^

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Konosuba season 2 is all I'm watching this season right now, but there's plenty time to add more.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Little Witch Academia and Ao no Exorcist: kyoto fujō ō-hen are the only animes I´m watching this season, having fun with them (specially with the former).

Started watching JoJo. Sooo... All I've really heard about this anime is that it's great, and Stands. I'm on EPS 15, and it's just been vampires, soooo... Stands?

Stands don't appear until season 3, "Stardust Crusaders". After that the "ripple" from seasons 1 & 2 is only ever mentioned once or twice.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
SyFy Uk has just started up an Anime Season. I'm quite looking forward to seeing what's on offer. They aired Ninja Scroll recently, and can't wait to watch that again. It's been years!

Top Bottom