God of War: Ragnarok

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Well, THAT'S just marvelous! Also, I friggin' loved this bit:

I was reading a story recently about the creative director of FromSoftware, the Dark Souls guy. Miyazaki, right? He was talking about the fact that he couldn't read English, but he loved the D&D books. He created his own stories by interpreting what was in the pictures in the source books. That was what inspired him to make a game where you don't really understand what's going on, and you're interpreting things as you play.

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Holy shit, I am so stoked to see this continue! Hahaha! I like how the character Kratos grows with the audience as well, from a vengeful god of war to a now mellow one who tries to be a good father.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Kratos? Mellow? Get the fuck out, :monster:. Here's what, his son's going to die at the end of the prequel, killed by a god and he'll get fucking pissed off.

ANGER

Ghost X

I wonder -- perhaps not in this game, but down the road in future sequels -- if they're gonna have a pass-the-baton type situation (eg: Kratos dying). That or the son gets horribly killed, and Kratos goes nuts again :P. Surely, can't be all smooth sailing.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I wonder -- perhaps not in this game, but down the road in future sequels -- if they're gonna have a pass-the-baton type situation (eg: Kratos dying). That or the son gets horribly killed, and Kratos goes nuts again :P. Surely, can't be all smooth sailing.

Wouldn't surprise me if you get to the final section of this game and there is a big psychological torture moment against the son that causes him to kill kratos and become the new Norse God of war.

Lex

Administrator
I've owned and completed every God of War game - I didn't actively seek them out, I just ended up getting them for cheaps at some point. And in general I enjoyed the gameplay.

For some reason even though this looked amazing I actually didn't really care about it? Until I watched the Easy Allies review that is. Now I feel like I absolutely need to get it. I'm getting my brand new Sony TV on the 25th so I might just have to get this to go along with it.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I've been replaying the series in anticipation of this. Started with Ascension which was the only one I hadn't played yet (outside of that one mobile game or whatever) because by the time it came out I wasn't really too interested in yet another prequel. Got it for cheap now though, so. :monster:
I started on Hard mode since it was required for the Platinum anyway. Seemed quite a lot harder than the other GoW games, got my ass kicked so many times. :wacky:

Now, five games later I'm almost done with GoW 3. For a game that runs in 720p and came out eight years ago it HOLDS. UP. Was briefly considering getting the PS4 Remaster but don't think it's necessary for this at all.

Quite excited for the new one now and how they'll develop Kratos considering the absolute psychopath he is throughout the Greek saga.

Lex

Administrator
The game is reviewing insanely well across the board

NOf8LOb.jpg

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I was expecting it to be a good game but didn't really anticipate it being so universally praised with perfect scores left and right.

Also, they misspelled Easy Allies in that image.
ITogGvo.png

Lex

Administrator
I've heard some of the tracks either are spoilery or have spoilery titles, so just beware.

Top Bottom