God of War: Ragnarok

Lex

Administrator
I think I've decided against watching stuff, I'll maybe look at the Easy Allies review before I play it. Looking forward to another journey though, the last one was incredible.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think I've decided against watching stuff, I'll maybe look at the Easy Allies review before I play it. Looking forward to another journey though, the last one was incredible.

This is where I'm at, haven't even seen the latest trailers and stuff. Currently replaying the first one, feels like such an upgrade playing it on PS5 now, dang.

Anyway, Ragnarök graphics options:

Reactions: Wol

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Graphic and performance review:

Recommended settings:

* If you have a 60hz display: play on Performance Mode as there's almost no difference with Quality Mode (sans native resolution).
* If you have a 120hz display: either 40hz Quality Mode or High Frame Rate Mode (if display supports VRR).

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just got my copy. Was watching that live delivery tracking like a hawk.

Then saw it got updated to "not delivered, recipient wasn't there/name not on the doorbell" or whatever and was like hell nah and sprinted downstairs to see if I could still catch the delivery guy.
Weirdly enough, despite the status already being updated he was still there looking for my name on the doorbell panel...

Eitherway, I got my copy. Would be so pissed if they just effed off without ever ringing while I'm all anxiously waiting for it the entire day. Wouldn't be the first time that happened either!

Unusual for Amazon delivery to be a day early too.

Ghost X

Is there really any competition with this and Elden Ring for GOTY? This seems to be better by a long shot (granted, I'm only about 1.5 hours into watching a playthrough so far). So many good things about it so far.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
There are poems you can find as collectibles, seems like they
all reference other Sony games? First one was Zero Dawn, the other I think MLB The Show. Fun easter egg thing. Forbidden West had secret GoW figurines that would unlock the Kratos face paint. Neat stuff.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
UUUUGGHHH it's sitting on my porch just waiting for me to grab it I think I'm gonna leave work early today fuuuuuuuuck

D

Deleted member 13557

If you’d told me Sindri would steal the show in this game even a week ago I’d probably laugh in your face. But he did! By god, he did. Even before Brok truly died I felt like they were doing something special with him.

The game itself is exceptional. Three weapons as Kratos, and I must say the spear is a welcome addition to his arsenal. I dare say I like it more than the axe! Being able to traverse the arenas with your weaponry feels amazing and the death from above attacks have such a satisfying oomph to them that I was actively climbing up ledges to hit them. The choice of having multiple shields at your disposal is also welcome, as although minor it changes the way you play.

This game is stuffed with emotional story moments, which I’d imagine shocks absolutely no one. The conflict and lack of trust between Kratos and Atreus is heavily present throughout practically the entire game, until the promise is made. Otherwise, the dream sequences with Faye, Fenrir being put down, Brok dying and Sindri making me forget I’m playing a video game immediately come to mind. Not even scratching the surface of what they do with Freya and the Aesir gods.

So, what’s next? My guess is a game that focuses on Kratos and Freya being Norse guardians, living in a post Ragnarok world and defending themselves against a foreign threat. Probably Egyptian. Loki and Angrboda begin their quest, and the game switches between these two plots.

“Loki will go. Atreus remains.”
Imo the best Kratos quote yet. So simple, but such an incredible moment. Even better than his hands of death and sisters of fate quote from GOW 3. Even thinking of that, the fact that they’ve taken Kratos from that to this is utterly remarkable. They did this perfectly.

Kratos, to be a loved god. Loved for the right reasons. They finally made the guy break! Multiple times!

All in all, this game improves on 2018 in pretty much every way. That’s all you can ask for a sequel to do, no?

I’ve tried putting a spoiler tag within a spoiler tag to no avail so I hope the title for this isn’t spoilers in itself, although post-game stuff is to be expected following the first game.

When Mimir finally solved Brok’s riddle it gave me shivers in my chest. When he said “a hole” my brain immediately went to in the heart due to Sindri’s state, was not expecting that callback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Not clicking on your spoiler tags, but damn I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure I'm not even halfway through yet, and I easily have over 20 hours into the game... although I have been poking into every nook and cranny I can find, so that's probably a big part of it.

Also is anyone else super fucking annoyed by the unprompted hints you get all the time? Fuck me I wish there were an option to turn that off.

D

Deleted member 13557

As was I, but I still have a lot to do. Easy extra 10 hours. I think I beat the story + a large amount of side stuff in 38 hours?

It’s Freya isn’t it? Yeah, she does give out hints pretty often. As far as I’m aware it can’t be turned off but the game has pretty extensive accessibility options so there might be something to turn off there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
As was I, but I still have a lot to do. Easy extra 10 hours. I think I beat the story + a large amount of side stuff in 38 hours?

It’s Freya isn’t it? Yeah, she does give out hints pretty often. As far as I’m aware it can’t be turned off but the game has pretty extensive accessibility options so there might be something to turn off there.

*psst* - that's EM not Mako :monster:

Top Bottom